Powered by Outside

DH handlebars that will not break after a few months

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH handlebars that will not break after a few months
Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
EthanThomson wrote:
alexc09 wrote:
EthanThomson wrote:
Best DH bars Are Sunline V1 Os bars Razz Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bike-mailorder.de/shop/images/product_images/popup_images/15021_0.jpg

nice choice...what rise are they ?? i think im gunna get some ..thanks

mines are 137mm width and 19mm rise soo good 4 downhill Razz

alright, im probably gonna get the 19mm and the wider ones ...how much are they ?? IVE BEEN TOLD LIKE 50..CHEERS

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 12:34 Quote
FSA Gravity.

-KT

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
alright, im probably gonna get the 19mm and the wider ones ...how much are they ?? IVE BEEN TOLD LIKE 50..CHEERS

speak to these guys http://www.freeborn.co.uk

they have the 745mm x 19mm V1 in stock (I just got a pair off them) and they are £53 (normally RRP is £59.99 but they will do 10% off for you)

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 13:14 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19256

or from crc for 50

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 13:17 Quote
unfortunately CRC do not have the 745mm width, only the narrower bars

and only in high rise (38mm) Wink

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 13:21 Quote
alexc09 wrote:

are these to go on your big hit? looking at the pics it looks like the bars that are on that would be nearer the higher rise version, i also noticed you got a spacer under the stem, so for which rise to get pop the spacer on top of the stem and see how you like the bars lower, try a few runs including some steep runs and bear in mind you will need to weight your bike differently to accommodate your weight being further forward, IMO 711mm would be the best length bars to get as it gets to a point when you're gonna struggle in tight technical sections if you go too big, don't do it just for the fashion whatever you do, last year i seen a 12 year old running 777's with his grips in at least an inch and a half either side (pointless?), maybe try holding the very edge of your grips or slide your grips out a bit and ride round the street, although it's not recommended you try any trails like that, sorry for the long post, jus trying to be helpful, oh and CRC is 50 for standard bars and 69 for some Pimp ones

Posted: Feb 17, 2010 at 14:31 Quote
hillman-hunter wrote:
alexc09 wrote:

are these to go on your big hit? looking at the pics it looks like the bars that are on that would be nearer the higher rise version, i also noticed you got a spacer under the stem, so for which rise to get pop the spacer on top of the stem and see how you like the bars lower, try a few runs including some steep runs and bear in mind you will need to weight your bike differently to accommodate your weight being further forward, IMO 711mm would be the best length bars to get as it gets to a point when you're gonna struggle in tight technical sections if you go too big, don't do it just for the fashion whatever you do, last year i seen a 12 year old running 777's with his grips in at least an inch and a half either side (pointless?), maybe try holding the very edge of your grips or slide your grips out a bit and ride round the street, although it's not recommended you try any trails like that, sorry for the long post, jus trying to be helpful, oh and CRC is 50 for standard bars and 69 for some Pimp ones

Ahh thanks for the help , ill have a bit of a play around with my setup to see what rise i would prefer, but i might buy the large width ones anyway because if i dont like them i can always cut them down to a better length !! cheers for the info !!

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 2:26 Quote
alexc09 wrote:
EthanThomson wrote:
alexc09 wrote:

nice choice...what rise are they ?? i think im gunna get some ..thanks

mines are 137mm width and 19mm rise soo good 4 downhill Razz

kool and yehh about that chain reaction cycles i think do them the cheapest thts where iu got mines Razz

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 9:46 Quote
http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/111350.html
19mm rise 745 , 3 quid postage, thats where i got mine from, spot on! Smile

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
19mm rise 745 , 3 quid postage, thats where i got mine from, spot on!

Freeborn will match any valid on-line price (when another retailer actually has it in stock, we do check!) and offers free postage on all on-line sales...

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 13:50 Quote
I don't know if anybody mentioned this yet as I have not read every post (sorry)
But Renthal now has MTB bars Drool I've had then on all my MX bikes and never, not once in my life, have had a problem with a renthal bar. As soon as I need one I'm getting a renthal without question. But I have a new bike so I don't need it...yet.

Edit. read every post, no-one recommended them. So I will.

They look sick, and you can get them in any color, so long as its black or alugold.

http://www.renthal.com/File/cycle_bars_fatbar.asp

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 14:00 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Freeborn will match any valid on-line price (when another retailer actually has it in stock, we do check!) and offers free postage on all on-line sales...

Advertising your own company is not allowed on the forums. Sorry.

Buy the Answer Pro-Taper DH. I just got a set and the angles are absolutely perfect. They really are better than any other bar I've ever tried.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
timlake wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Advertising your own company is not allowed on the forums. Sorry.

Buy the Answer Pro-Taper DH. I just got a set and the angles are absolutely perfect. They really are better than any other bar I've ever tried.

Link Please? I'm intrested also Smile

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
they look ugly, i was going to get some till i saw them and renthal bars, aren't they heavy?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028424
Mobile Version of Website