Powered by Outside

Rocky Mountain Slayer Broken Frame - Photos Updated!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rocky Mountain Slayer Broken Frame - Photos Updated!
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 at 19:17 Quote
Finaly they accepted to replace my rear triangle but the story doesn't end here...

My LBS received the piece earlier this week and as they started to remove the broken one, they found a crack in the bottom bracket shell. So they called a new front triangle from RM, so I'm at least 2 more weeks without riding....

The good thing is that I'll finish with a brand new frame ...

Just a question, how much do you think I can get for a brand new RM Slayer 2006 frame ?

Thanks

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 7:51 Quote
I have no idea really but I know its not much. Thats why I decided to keep my warrantied bike even though I bought a new one. It pays more for me to have it as a second bike to take the girlfriend out or just have it as a backup, than whatever they would have paid me.

But if you want to sell, I'd sugest you check the buy/sell or ebay and look for a similar deal.

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 7:54 Quote
It might be new but still 2006 so anywhere between $400-600 and usually the shock is included.

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 19:54 Quote
so I finally got my main pivot back, it cost me 120 bucks, but the bike is fixed for awhile until it eventually breaks again Frown

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 18:27 Quote
i know this hasn't been posted in for a year, but i'm about to receive a 2006 slayer 70 in the post (apparently barely been used), what are RM like for warrantying frames that aren't owned by the first owner?

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 7:11 Quote
I wouldn't know, mine was a demo bike, but I had the receipt. The tipical rule is that being a second hand owner voids the warranty, but maybe you can try and get the receipt from the guy you talked to. In case he doesn't have it, all he has to do is call the shop where he bought it and ask for his receipt. They can send him a copy through e-mail and you can use that.

I think Rocky doesn't care much for the receipt, but you have to get warranty through a distributor of theirs, and they ask for the receipt.

Other than that, and the time it takes to warranty my frame since I'm so far away, they have been great.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 7:44 Quote
Fair enough, i'll see how i get on, the frame has allegedly been used only a couple of times (literally), so if it lasts a year, given what i paid for it, then it's not too bad!

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 7:56 Quote
There is really no reason why it shouldn't. I'm a hack and rode the shit out of that bike, raced downhill with it, etc. I'ts still kicking, My dad's rocking it now with lighter components. I borrowed it the day before yesterday since my Nomad's bushings are falling apart and I don't get new ones till this weekend.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 9:48 Quote
They are typically pretty solid with Warranty. That being said I have no idea how their process would work for someone based in the UK.

FL
Posted: May 19, 2012 at 21:11 Quote
Whats the shock length of the 2007 models? Does anyone have a shock to sell?

Posted: May 21, 2012 at 7:29 Quote
My bike is a 2006. The shock length on that is 7.875" eye to eye, and 2.25" stroke. Don't know about the 2007 as they are a bit different. You could always shoot them an e-mail and ask them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034035
Mobile Version of Website