Powered by Outside

Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
tom666 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

That's not a flaw in my post, it's a flaw in your ability to use the English language to express your intended meaning.

Next time I'll put lots of stars and reference points in the post and then stipulate at the bottom exactly the extent to which I believe each statement and list all the possible exceptions.
if you could, big arrows highlighting key points also helps. I find exaggerating hand gestures work well in my presentations too.

I'll work on that lol

SileTzar wrote:
So a couple B answers, no A answers so far, Tom said "get fitter" (c?), Circe said "get another bike" (option d?), and BBLB said "get fitter but also buy better parts" (option f ?) lol

I'm B bro, the whole get fitter thing was me justifying B. I like reliable.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
chunter wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Even if a person's political preferences are conservative, it's incredible anyone can think the man is a good politician, effective leader, or acting in good faith on behalf of the American people.

I was trying so hard not to comment on this, but I feel compelled now. I agree he is a complete moron when it comes to some of the shit he says and he is provoked easier than a child. That being said, he’s done and tried to do more for the country than presidents as of late. We’re almost independent on oil and he’s nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in the Middle East.

I appreciate your reasoned reply and objective view.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
chunter wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Even if a person's political preferences are conservative, it's incredible anyone can think the man is a good politician, effective leader, or acting in good faith on behalf of the American people.

I was trying so hard not to comment on this, but I feel compelled now. I agree he is a complete moron when it comes to some of the shit he says and he is provoked easier than a child. That being said, he’s done and tried to do more for the country than presidents as of late. We’re almost independent on oil and he’s nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in the Middle East.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/trumps-nobel-nonsense/

Being nominated for a nobel prize doesn’t mean shit, 318 other people were also nominated. Obama, the most recent president won a nobel peace prize, so if thats your judging criteria why is trump better than him just for being nominated?

Edit: I’m not trying to start a political fight, but a nobel prize nomination or win doesn’t make someone a good president.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
BICYCLE PARTS AND HOW MUCH THEY WEIGH!!!

What's everyone's thoughts on steel chainrings?

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
So how about Atherton Bikes reaching their crowd funding goal in super quick time. Interesting to see what happens long term with them.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
I dont understand who’s donating. Just shows the power of a brand as robot bike co went under pretty quickly

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
RMWB wrote:

Steel is a very good material for drivetrains and will last longer than aluminum. Current steel options weigh more, which is unfortunate. If we allowed steel 'rings to cost as much as aluminum 'rings, the weight difference could be modest, as shown by Shimano's composite models and Ritchey's skeletal-looking road models from several years ago.

secondtimeuser wrote:
So how about Atherton Bikes reaching their crowd funding goal in super quick time. Interesting to see what happens long term with them.

So much risk for so little certainty. This is not a smart investment. It may work out favourably, it just doesn't meet any criteria for being a sensible investment.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
chunter wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

I appreciate your reasoned reply and objective view.

+1, shoutouts for being reasonable.

There's reasons people like him for sure. He's done a lot of good stuff during his presidency and a lot of people feel he speaks for them.

I hate that he took the US out of the Paris Climate agreement though and a lot of his behaviour is super poor. Not what you expect from POTUS.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:

ohh you mean paying for Rachel's return to world cup next year.....

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 8:12 Quote
RMWB wrote:
BICYCLE PARTS AND HOW MUCH THEY WEIGH!!!

You loose the weight game but win the burly game. The sram steel rings are freaking bullet proof on our rental fleet.

Wolftooth makes a sexy steel ring!

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Axxe wrote:
I don’t give a rats ass being “united” with left wing that is hell bent on destroying this republic. I want them defeated, humiliated, and gone. So I can pee on their graves.

But. They have the numbers. Morons are a majority.

ANYONE who thinks Trump is the answer for this nation is a complete dumb@$$. And it’s scary how big his following is.

Anyone who can’t separate Trump from the real issues that face this nation is a deranged brainwashed TDS lunatic. You are one of them.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I don’t give a rats ass being “united” with left wing that is hell bent on destroying this republic. I want them defeated, humiliated, and gone. So I can pee on their graves.

LOLOLOLOLOL coming from the side that is working over time to limit the most important bit of democracy, voting. #doublethink

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Unity is overrated... the US needs sustained liberty, not politically correct and socially acceptably unity. That's just an Orwellian fantasy, nazism with a new name. Sadly, society is too weak for liberty these days; liberty promises no safety and no shelter, only opportunity... and those too weak to work for their opportunity clamor for the "unity" offered by promises of free everything in a world where nothing is ever free. Liberty created the greatest nation the world has known, the misguided pursuit of unity will destroy it.

Civil War redux is gonna be lit though...

Where does slavery, The New Deal, Corporate Welfare, Wall Street Bailout, Gerrymandering, etc, etc, etc, fit into your "Liberty" narrative?

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
all right people go take it to pm's or make a politics page can we try and keep this bike related.....you know flats vs clips, shimano vs Sram, fat vs light bike, carbon vs aluminum, linkage vs telescoping , linear vs progressive.

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 at 9:29 Quote
Axxe wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Axxe wrote:

ANYONE who thinks Trump is the answer for this nation is a complete dumb@$$. And it’s scary how big his following is.

Anyone who can’t separate Trump from the real issues that face this nation is a deranged brainwashed TDS lunatic. You are one of them.

I’m not gonna sit here and tell you just how uninformed you really are but you prove my point entirely. Like I said, It’s sad and kinda scary just how many misguided souls follow this fat sack of crap.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.070624
Mobile Version of Website