Biggest Drop You've Ever Made?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Biggest Drop You've Ever Made?
Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 10:26 Quote
New pinkbike Drop measurements......

Small - Medium - large - Fecking huge!!!

done with Pb feet., lol

nice gap though man, I think I might have to rate it "oficially" at Fecking huge... props. Salute

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 19:23 Quote
I dont know if I believe 35. Are you talking about to where you landed or to the very top of the landing? I could see 35 to where you landed if you overshot but not to the top of the landing.
This gap, which I've already posted here, is exactly 19 down and 28 across to the edge of the road so i rounded up to 20x30. I've looked at the sidetrack drop many times, stood on top of it, etc. It's a gnarly drop no doubt. But I dont think its 35 feet. It's taller than the one I posted for sure, but there is no way its double the height.
Views: 1,237    Faves: 5    Comments: 13

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 21:37 Quote
Sur that if everybody look at the video..the video was shot at the very bottom..so it make it look smaller..Compare it with the picture i've post..
We don't see were I land by 2 feet..

And yeah the vertical distance Ive have told is where I land..not at the top of the landing..

If I land it 6 ft down from the top..Its 6 ft more in the air..No ?

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 21:57 Quote
When measuring a gap or the height of a drop, its pretty standard to measure to the top of the landing, not where you land. If someone were to hit a 20 ft gap and overshoot by 15 ft, the didn't hit a 35 ft gap, they hit a 20 ft gap improperly. Same logic applies here.

So 34 feet vertical to where you landed, minus 6 feet, to the top of the landing, means its 28 feet vertical. I can believe that. It's no doubt a huge drop

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 22:06 Quote
life is not a Standart, I know and understand your point..
It still was a 35foot drop cause I have land 35feet down..

I don't make pleasure to f*ck on little things like that But thats my point !

Its not like if we are talking about a jump..It cant have ''standart'' in drop..

If you overshoot a jump, We can says it was unprorperly do..But..

Did you understand my point atleast ?

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 22:12 Quote
You dropped 35 feet. The drop is less than 30 feet

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 22:14 Quote
Yeah, We talk about the drop I made..Not about the drop itself

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 22:17 Quote
oh ok. I see what your saying. Just the thing is, if I were to overshoot that 20x30 road gap and land at 25x40 for example, I wouldnt tell people that I hit a 25x40 road gap, because its not a 25x40 road gap

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 22:20 Quote
I think were both right.. well, now is a matter of perspective..

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 22:34 Quote
I think Brandon is right

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 22:49 Quote
Thats no bigger than the one I posted, maybe smaller. mine is a bit over 25' drop to the start of the transition. and thats all that I measure, not how far down I go.. thats just a bonus.

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 at 10:35 Quote
Drops should be measured like this-

photo

Vertical red line= height, horizontal red line= gap size. It seems a lot of people like to add the 2 numbers lol.

Posted: Jan 23, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
stratmastertj wrote:
Drops should be measured like this-

photo

Vertical red line= height, horizontal red line= gap size. It seems a lot of people like to add the 2 numbers lol.

I agree but I think in some cases you have to do some mathematics to figure out the legitimate size but for most of these drops, including road gaps, it is just as easy as saying the vert. and gap. ex. 20ft. out by 15ft. down drop. I guess it's a way for some to make their claims sound bigger haha.

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 at 14:49 Quote
just hit my biggest drop ever!! Big Grin i wreckon its about 25_30 feeet Big Grin done on a norco sasquatch hardtail , totall mucked it up though and have ended up with a shattered collar bone , which led to a 8 inch long cut and 25 staples , metal plate and 8 screws Razz just got back from hospital a few hours ago , will post pics when i take the dressing off Razz was in the middle of knowwhere and had to walk for 2.5 miles , bone was nearly through the skin Frown
Views: 7,129    Faves: 48    Comments: 32

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 at 15:04 Quote
ths thread is dying Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014759
Mobile Version of Website