Powered by Outside

The Official Fox 40 Float Discussion And Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The Official Fox 40 Float Discussion And Owners Thread
FL
Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 15:08 Quote
The springs arent rare. I have all 3 in stock at dunbar cycles.

OGC had tons of them.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 16:00 Quote
z-man wrote:
The springs arent rare. I have all 3 in stock at dunbar cycles.

OGC had tons of them.

That's disappointing for me to hear. I've approached them about this issue both as a consumer and a dealer.

FL
Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
That's really unfortunate.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 6:23 Quote
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit the new 2016 air spring into a 2015 Float 40 (to eliminate the negative coil spring altogether)? I don't see why not... And if those parts are even available for purchase yet?

I've somehow managed to break off the bottom of the air spring shaft assembly where the foot nut threads on. Since I have to replace the assembly anyways (seems as though Fox only offers the air spring shaft assembly as a single unit with a single part#), then I might as well replace with the new updated design.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 6:45 Quote
I friend of mine had the same issue with the negative spring- he broke it. He purchased a new one which is pretty expensive -130euros. As the chassis has not been changed i believe there shouldn`t be any problem to upgrade to the new air spring. The easiest way is to contact with Fox support and they will give you more info about it.

I am looking for Avalanche cartridge- do you guys believe that i should upgrade to a newer Fox 40 as mine is 2011 FIT and then get the Avalanche cartridge, or there isn`t a massive change with the new chassis and SKF seals, as i can purchase them separately as well?

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 7:06 Quote
The negative coil spring itself didn't break for me. It was the end of the shaft that the foot nut threads onto that broke, so unfortunately it looks like I would need to buy the entire spring assembly. So figured I might as well try and get the new spring assembly instead (which means I would also need the new topcap and volume spacers).

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 10:11 Quote
FYI, for anyone interested. The updated 2016 air spring will NOT work in the 2014/15 Float 40's without also getting a new spring side stanchion. The new stanchion has a transfer port built into it that allows air to pass from the positive to negative chambers.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2015 at 22:12 Quote
just got a turner dhr with a 2015 fox 40 and some of the gold bath oil leaked out of the right side seal since it was laying flat for a week while being shipped. my question is do i have to use the fox 20w oil or can i use torco 20w which i have? thanks.

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 5:36 Quote
Hey, anybody knows if it fits a 27.5 wheel on a Fox 40 26"?
Thinking on a new 27.5 frame and keep the fork, love the way it feels.

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 8:08 Quote
I am on the same wave and from multiple rider`s experience, Fox 40 could easily fit 27.5 wheels due to the highest crown height. The only issue which comes to my mind is the pressure over the axle bolts.

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 4:07 Quote
Has anyone upgraded to the new 2016 air Spring? I see Mojo is doing the upgrade for £250. I believe it's a whole leg swap out ,where you get a new stantion. I can't find any reviews on the new fork so not sure

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 5:32 Quote
Yes, upgrading to the 2016 spring (with air neg. spring instead of coil neg. spring like the 2015), it requires the new air spring assembly as well as a new spring side stanchion. The stanchion has a little port built into the inside that allows air to pass from the pos. to neg. chambers. The 2015 and prior stanchions don't have this port. Unfortunately it makes the conversion much more expensive.

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 6:24 Quote
I like my fork, so wondering whether it's worth it doing the upgrade ?

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 17:42 Quote
I have a brand new fox 40 performance spring.
Came on my glory advanced 1 2016.
If i swap to air,
Need to change the stanchion or not?
2016 have the same inside stanchion as air one?

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 22:17 Quote
I recently bought a used bike with a 2015 fox 40 float. I decide to do a service on the fork before I take it out for maiden ride.

there was minimal oil in the lowers. the foam rings were totally dry and broken. the seals appear fine. I have been trying to find some foam rings online. it appears that you can only get them when you buy a full seal kit.

looking for a source to purchase just the foam rings.

thanks Gord

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.061499
Mobile Version of Website