Powered by Outside

Banshee Prime review

PB Forum :: Other
Banshee Prime review
Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
Thanks so much.
I has this vision in my mind about how it would look but it sure came out better than I imagined.

FL
Posted: Dec 21, 2022 at 5:26 Quote
Thecommoncoy wrote:
photo

Here is a pic of my new Prime. The fork is 160mm. Feels neutral and balanced. I typically like to fork up on bikes if I can as well though.
Just Wow!

Posted: Dec 21, 2022 at 7:04 Quote
Thecommoncoy wrote:
photo

Here is a pic of my new Prime. The fork is 160mm. Feels neutral and balanced. I typically like to fork up on bikes if I can as well though.

Wow Drool this thing deserve to be in the sexiest AM/enduro bike thread. Beautiful paint job. Love the attention to all the details and color.

Posted: Dec 22, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
Thecommoncoy wrote:
photo

That looks amazing

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
Weeell I did it anyway. Might go for a couple of rides just to see how I like it and then either drop it to 160mm or take it off again

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2023 at 19:32 Quote
Curious if anyone has run the long dropouts on a Medium. I’m running a rear 2.6 Maxxis DHR2 despite the max 2.5 recommendation for the compact dropouts. On dry stuff it’s fine but when shit gets wet I get a bunch of grit between the rear mud guard and the tire that sounds god awful. I’m considering either switching to the long dropouts or going with a 2.4 or 2.5 tire. I like the burley feel of the 2.6 on chunk and the traction at speed but not sure if adding 10mm of additional chainstay length if the right solution. Love the DHR2 but the next smallest size is a 2.4.

FL
Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 11:51 Quote
ScottGoodelldog wrote:
Curious if anyone has run the long dropouts on a Medium. I’m running a rear 2.6 Maxxis DHR2 despite the max 2.5 recommendation for the compact dropouts. On dry stuff it’s fine but when shit gets wet I get a bunch of grit between the rear mud guard and the tire that sounds god awful. I’m considering either switching to the long dropouts or going with a 2.4 or 2.5 tire. I like the burley feel of the 2.6 on chunk and the traction at speed but not sure if adding 10mm of additional chainstay length if the right solution. Love the DHR2 but the next smallest size is a 2.4.
I'm waiting mine! But size L. I'll instal them in combination with angleset (-1) and i'm going to try the neutral dropout position!

Posted: Apr 25, 2023 at 20:14 Quote
To bring up the seatpost thing one more time:

Has any other tall person managed to fit the 240mm one up dropper in the XL prime 3.2?

Posted: May 1, 2023 at 14:55 Quote
yEDHc1Yv wrote:
To bring up the seatpost thing one more time:

Has any other tall person managed to fit the 240mm one up dropper in the XL prime 3.2?

I've got an XL prime 3.2 and the 210mm One Up dropper can almost be fully inserted, roughly 10mm of post showing. The 240mm definitely wouldn't fit without at least 50+mm of post showing.

FL
Posted: May 15, 2023 at 11:06 Quote
Guys, did someone build up the rear mudguard? I can't print the template becouse my printer didn't support that paper format!

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 19:18 Quote
caval wrote:
Guys, did someone build up the rear mudguard? I can't print the template becouse my printer didn't support that paper format!
same problem. I ended up sending the file to a print shop and having them print it on 11X17 paper.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2023 at 10:08 Quote
notthatfast wrote:
Coil shock is actually something I was considering, have you ridden one? With the air it definitely feels nicely progressive and never bottoms out harshly.

On my Prime, I got the Cane Creek DB Kitsuma shock for an insane price. Normally they are about $730 but I found it on JensonUSA for something like $320, so I basically had to try it.

I went on one ride and then immediately listed my Fox air shock for sale lol. It's that good. You can run a little less sag with a coil (like 25%) so it feels like you are eeking out a tiny bit more travel. The small bump sensitivity is much better. Plus that Cane Creek shock has really easy adjustments (by hand) right on the shock so it was quick to set up.

I didn't feel like I had any progressiveness problems either, and I'm a bigger guy (prob 225lbs all kitted up).

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 5, 2023 at 10:28 Quote
How much clearance does the piggy back have into the cage? The angle of the photo makes it look tight!

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2023 at 20:33 Quote
ShawMac wrote:
How much clearance does the piggy back have into the cage? The angle of the photo makes it look tight!

It's got about 1/4" of room between the cage and the coil itself. The spacing is well thought out. There is definitely a cutout for the piggy back to fit into as the suspension compresses. Also it's the same as the Titan, which can fit the same shock and larger MRP coil, so I'm not concerned.

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 20:18 Quote
Nice. Lots of room then

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025049
Mobile Version of Website