banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
Your given advice totally contradicts all of Banshee's and Freeborn's - Freeborn said the DHX air was the best option, Banshee label the Wildcard as their slopestyle rig and the Rampant as the 4x rig, stating that the VF4 linkage isn't string enough for constant abuse...

Banshee has since given the Rampant to their Pro slopestyle riders / dirt jumpers like Alan and Chris in Australia, I have been using my Rampant for Dirt Jump and skatepark and had no issues with the virtual pivot linkage

ultimately the faux-bar on the Wildcard is stronger, but an experienced rider is not going to put the same stresses through a Rampant that a novice or intermediate rider is going to put through a Wildcard, Pro riders may go bigger but tend to crash much better Wink

the DHX Air is the best option in the UK market because you will get the best support from Mojo (Fox UK), the ISX-6 is technically the best shock but they could not get a good supply of them, and backup from Hotlines is nothing like as good as from Mojo for Fox products

Banshee do label the Wildcard as their "slopestyle" rig because what the public wants from a "slopestyle" bike and what pro riders use is completely different - its called capitalizing on a marketing trend and its something that ALL of the companies have done with the 5"-7" suspension frames the past season or two

The wildcard is easily the best all rounder than Banshee make, the Rampant is much more niche and works best in the hands of a skilled rider

riders come on pinkbike saying "I want to get into slopestyle" riding when the reality is that slopestyle is not something accessible to the public in general - its actually a pro-level competition held on a closed course (for example - the Boneyard in Whistler Bike Park is rebuilt for the Crankworx Slopestyle event and then the extreme stunts are remove before its re-opened to the public)

however, due to marketing and media hype, everyone thinks "I want to get into slopestyle", most riders don't have the skill level to survive a pro slopestyle course, or even have access to the terrain....

The best piece of FR advice there has ever been, hats off to you tup Salute

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
samnation wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
samnation wrote:

HAHA your posts are always grade "A" quality bull shit. First of all slopestyle is a discipline not a bike category Thomas Vanderham rode Crankworx on a Switch not your typical bike but it worked. Also you have said time and time again that pedal feedback doesn't matter for the purposes of slopestyle yet here you are telling everyone about how the SS has bad feedback. Banshee is not the answer for every bike everyone will ever need. The Rampant is supposedly a 4x bike if it is then I would hate it for freestyle and if it is a good freestyle bike then it probably sucks shit on the track. As for most guys riding hardtails I have no idea what competitions you are watching mostly I see 4-5" frames. The bottlerocket is a 5.5" frame I have one and I run a zero sag air shock and see absolutely nothing wrong with doing that.

Please try and make an educated post that is not blatant soliciting.

A lot of the Europoean slopestyle events are much smaller than what you crazy ass canucks get up to so the riders do use a hardtails mostly - there is also a difference between pedal feedback to your feet (which is what 'hampsteadbandit' meant) and pedal feedback to the suspension - aka: bob - which wouldn't matter at all.

But then again, 'hampsteadbandit' does need to stop licking Banshee's balls so much!
ive never seen a banshee in the uk!!!!!!!

Any sort of feedback is never going to inhibit your ability to manual.

FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
just so u guys no, its not gonna be used for slopestyle( i may hit a few jumps in the boneyard) but its mainly just a short travel bike that i wanna use for fast flowy dh trails liek a-line and what not, and occasionally go to hoodlums, but can handle a bit of tech ( not a fan of tech, only if my friends are al gonna do it)

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
at this point, just go demo both

FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
me2menow wrote:
at this point, just go demo both

ive demoed a bottlerocket, i like dit alot, the geo felt great. the only thing i liek about the banshee is adjustable travel, but i dont lie the price. so i'll demo it next season, but for now, opinions on both

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 4:26 Quote
HAHA your posts are always grade "A" quality bull shit. First of all slopestyle is a discipline not a bike category Thomas Vanderham rode Crankworx on a Switch not your typical bike but it worked. Also you have said time and time again that pedal feedback doesn't matter for the purposes of slopestyle yet here you are telling everyone about how the SS has bad feedback. Banshee is not the answer for every bike everyone will ever need. The Rampant is supposedly a 4x bike if it is then I would hate it for freestyle and if it is a good freestyle bike then it probably sucks shit on the track. As for most guys riding hardtails I have no idea what competitions you are watching mostly I see 4-5" frames. The bottlerocket is a 5.5" frame I have one and I run a zero sag air shock and see absolutely nothing wrong with doing that.

Please try and make an educated post that is not blatant soliciting

ok, what is the title of this thread? "Banshee Wildcard vs. Transition Bottlerocket"

its probably going to help the rider that posted this thread if people who have ridden either of these bikes come on here and give their feedback..so its not unsolicited?

I have never said that feedback doesn't matter for slopestyle- of course it does, excess pedal feedback will blow your feet off the pedals when landing a blunt drop, and it does make it harder to hold a stable manual, especially when jumping up onto a timber step-up stunt

at the European slopestyle competitions including Nissan quasquai, the majority of the pro field rode hardtails or very short travel suspension frames, its only for the bigger courses like Crankworx slopestyle that you might need a mid travel bike, Ben Boyko was interviewed last year about why he rode a mid travel Norco bike instead of a short travel Norco bike at Crankworx and he said it was only because of the end drop (Gap-O-Tron), he said a mid travel bike made it harder to do tricks and flow on the rest of the course, but the fact could 360 the final drop meant he won the comp so it was a wise trade off

Slopestyle is not a "discpline" its a pro-only invitational contest, unless you are deluded and think you are going "slopestyling" every time you hit some dirt jumps and a few wooden stunts in your local area?

in the bike industry, who do set categories of bike when designing, manufacturing and marketing, Slopestyle is taken to mean tough, mid travel suspension frames like the Bottlerocket, Solid Flair and Wildcard

as I said already, what the bike industry promotes as "slopestyle" for the public to buy is not the same as what a pro rider would choose to use in a competitive event, most of the pro setups are so firmly sprung and so specifically built that they would not be much fun in a bike park or on rougher downhill runs

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 at 9:21 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

ok, what is the title of this thread? "Banshee Wildcard vs. Transition Bottlerocket"

its probably going to help the rider that posted this thread if people who have ridden either of these bikes come on here and give their feedback..so its not unsolicited?

I have never said that feedback doesn't matter for slopestyle- of course it does, excess pedal feedback will blow your feet off the pedals when landing a blunt drop, and it does make it harder to hold a stable manual, especially when jumping up onto a timber step-up stunt

at the European slopestyle competitions including Nissan quasquai, the majority of the pro field rode hardtails or very short travel suspension frames, its only for the bigger courses like Crankworx slopestyle that you might need a mid travel bike, Ben Boyko was interviewed last year about why he rode a mid travel Norco bike instead of a short travel Norco bike at Crankworx and he said it was only because of the end drop (Gap-O-Tron), he said a mid travel bike made it harder to do tricks and flow on the rest of the course, but the fact could 360 the final drop meant he won the comp so it was a wise trade off

Slopestyle is not a "discpline" its a pro-only invitational contest, unless you are deluded and think you are going "slopestyling" every time you hit some dirt jumps and a few wooden stunts in your local area?

in the bike industry, who do set categories of bike when designing, manufacturing and marketing, Slopestyle is taken to mean tough, mid travel suspension frames like the Bottlerocket, Solid Flair and Wildcard

as I said already, what the bike industry promotes as "slopestyle" for the public to buy is not the same as what a pro rider would choose to use in a competitive event, most of the pro setups are so firmly sprung and so specifically built that they would not be much fun in a bike park or on rougher downhill runs

First of all you are too much of a one sided opinion to be giving good advice on both bikes.

quasquai is not a slopestyle event it is an urban DJ comp much like the first portion of the red bull roundup was so from my looking at both crankworx the claymore challenge the bearclaw invitational and the second portion of the roundup the hardtails are not competing.

Also I can almost garuntee you that had the addidas slopestyle and C-Worx Coloroado not been the same day there would have been a different winner.

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 5:11 Quote
Views: 3,528    Faves: 40    Comments: 19

Both wildcard (red frame) and rampant (red and white frame) in a little comical freeride snow action.

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 5:46 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Considering that you're comparing two bikes at about the same weight, with the same suspension design, the same manufacturing techniques, and basically the same all round, and you're concluding the banshee destroys the transition? I'm seeing a ton of bias, and a bit of soliciting.

You say feedback is a bad thing, yet you're praising the banshee fuax bar design, which has massive amounts of feedback. In the case of the rampant, you earlier said VPP doesn't pedal well at all. According to EVERYONE I've EVER talked to about VPP, who's actually ridden one, they pedal like a dream. VPP was DESIGNED to get rid of pedal feedback. They don't have it. They have brake feedback. The rampant, on the other side, DOES have pedal feedback, as with many parallel link suspensions that are made similarly.

Cam McCaul. Vandersteeze. Boyko. Bearclaw. The Flea. etc etc etc. They ALL run over 4 inches, without going over 7, save for Vanderham. Quasquai can't be called a SS event like say, Crankworx, or Saalbach. Different courses cater to different bikes, and most SS requires a fair bit of strength. What bikes can handle it? Typically the 5-7 inch travel ones.

Slopestyle is a style of riding, and it's a discipline for sure. It's a mix of jumping, dropping, and tricking, or a typically gravity fed course. People are getting paid damned good money for doing it, and you're saying it's not actually a type of riding? Come on, you're smarter than that.

That it is. SS is hitting the masses, and the masses are hitting the slopes. They're also finding that weak 4x bikes typically don't cut the bill. Bikes such as the Wildcard, and the bottle rocket, really are made directly for these people. They're not pros, so they want a bit more strength and travel.

Why would they be on a rougher downhill run? I don't really enjoy taking my XC bike to the skatepark. Riding the wrong style of bike for the job typically won't do the job very well. Bikes like the bottlerocket are made to do SS. Slow standover, low BB, low travel, high strength. Even set up extremely stiff, it'd be a blast in a bike park, but not a DH trail. Why? Because it's made for a bike park, not a DH trail.

In summery. The Wildcard isn't superior to the bottlerocket, and the bottlerocket isn't leaps and bounds better. They're basically the same bike.

Want a real SS bike? Look at what the pros literally ride. That's as close to it as you'll get. The new Norco Empire 5 should be an SS treat.

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 6:12 Quote
Ok guys, I lost the sense of this thread. I'm also interested in a short travel bike which can hold bad landings.
I'm opinion the competitors are: Wildcard and Rampat, Transition Double and the Norco XXXX.
Which one do you consider the best?

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 6:34 Quote
nanianorcored wrote:
Ok guys, I lost the sense of this thread. I'm also interested in a short travel bike which can hold bad landings.
I'm opinion the competitors are: Wildcard and Rampat, Transition Double and the Norco XXXX.
Which one do you consider the best?

i've have the rampant and it is amazing!!! it is the best bike i have ever ridden. i have also ridden the XXXX and it is an alright bike. i'd say that the rampant is leaps and bounds ahead of the xxxx though.

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
builttoride wrote:
Views: 3,528    Faves: 40    Comments: 19

Both wildcard (red frame) and rampant (red and white frame) in a little comical freeride snow action.

edit got it thanks,and thats amazing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046123
Mobile Version of Website