Powered by Outside

Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 20:57 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Interesting hearing others feelings on the brand lately. I have had nothing but amazing service in the last few years. Several incidents involving either a crash or rock strike, or just odd issues being handled under warranty for me, and promptly.

When I got my Megatower there was an odd noise my LBS manager and I just could not figure out. Santa Cruz sent me everything basically aside from the triangles and rear shock in order to figure out the issues.

Can't say enough good things about the warranty process and customer experience I have had with Santa Cruz.

Lucky you! This is the first time I've had to reach out to them in my 10+ years as an owner. I even tried reaching back out directly after the shop said it was denied and got an AI-generated apology. Super bummed as I was always a huge fan before.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 9:32 Quote
jackster57 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Interesting hearing others feelings on the brand lately. I have had nothing but amazing service in the last few years. Several incidents involving either a crash or rock strike, or just odd issues being handled under warranty for me, and promptly.

When I got my Megatower there was an odd noise my LBS manager and I just could not figure out. Santa Cruz sent me everything basically aside from the triangles and rear shock in order to figure out the issues.

Can't say enough good things about the warranty process and customer experience I have had with Santa Cruz.

Lucky you! This is the first time I've had to reach out to them in my 10+ years as an owner. I even tried reaching back out directly after the shop said it was denied and got an AI-generated apology. Super bummed as I was always a huge fan before.

not sure of your exact situation, but how would someone stripping their threads be a warranty issue for SC? i could see it being a crash replacement type situation where they give you a deal on a new rear triangle, but unless it was a fluke, usually stripping threads means there's some user error there?

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 14:46 Quote
This was my thinking also, but didn't want to be the one to say it. I'm not sure this type of issue should/ever would be be warranty as there is no way for them to know how this occurred.

Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 18:11 Quote
Itching to try the Ohlins TTX2 air on my v2 mega. Any chance anyone here has run that setup before and if so what settings would you recommend?

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 18:42 Quote
Heya SC owners. Santa Cruz seems to not make the AXS plug kit available for purchase / is always out of stock.

I developed my own and started producing them for purchase!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1697348850/santa-cruz-bikes-mtb-sram-axsflush-cable?click_key=d5c88abf88c5007cd7ed8dbc6ca0b076dd6c82a3%3A1697348850&click_sum=6daba587&ref=shop_home_active_1

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 1:13 Quote
How does SC achieve the different CS lengths across the sizes? Is it with different rear ends, or do they do it with linkage?

And related question, is it possible to mix and match across different sizes to customize preferred CS length?

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 3:36 Quote
c0linmetz wrote:
Itching to try the Ohlins TTX2 air on my v2 mega. Any chance anyone here has run that setup before and if so what settings would you recommend?

IIRC the air ttx doesn’t fit due to the air valve hitting the tunnel, could be wrong but pretty sure that’s the case

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 4:20 Quote
craigyboy wrote:
c0linmetz wrote:

IIRC the air ttx doesn’t fit due to the air valve hitting the tunnel, could be wrong but pretty sure that’s the case

TTX2 air fits perfectly well, can turn the air can 90 degrees very easily. Rode with the Ohlins air for about 9 months before going to a NSR racing shock. However, writing this makes me want to put the air back on in the name of science.

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 4:23 Quote
Linc wrote:
How does SC achieve the different CS lengths across the sizes? Is it with different rear ends, or do they do it with linkage?

And related question, is it possible to mix and match across different sizes to customize preferred CS length?

I was of the understanding the rear triangle and linkage is the same across the sizes and that they move the BB in the front to change the effective rear centre length.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 6:16 Quote
I believe they change where the pivot points attach to the frame.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 7:03 Quote
Any XXL owners of considerable height out there that could chime in on their thoughts on the bike in that size? I’m 6’6 and considering picking one up at some point to replace my Jekyll frame.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 18:56 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
I believe they change where the pivot points attach to the frame.

Right, so in summary, that means that reach and CS length numbers from the Geo tables can't be uncoupled by mixing and matching front ends, rear ends, or linkage.

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 4:55 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
Any XXL owners of considerable height out there that could chime in on their thoughts on the bike in that size? I’m 6’6 and considering picking one up at some point to replace my Jekyll frame.

6'7 with an XXL V1 - Works fairly well reach and stack wise IMO, but the seat angle is wayyy too slack, especially when the dropper is fully extended for pedalling... I'm sure I read a review on the V1 not long after purchasing where the reviewer had measured and calculated the effective STA to be more like 69 on an XXL.

From what I've read the V2 is a lot better for this, and has a bit of extra reach to help. I am considering a V2, or a RAAW Madonna V3 at the moment - Size wise the RAAW looks better to me for people at our size.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 9:57 Quote
danielomeara wrote:

I'm 6'7 on an XXL V2. I run it with a 50mm stem, 10mm spacers under the stem, and 50mm rise bars and that seems about perfect. If I could change something, it would be slightly longer chainstays and a tad bit more reach so i could run a shorter stem.

STA is plenty steep and i think it climbs quite well for a 170/170 bike. i plan on keeping mine for awhile. the raww madonna V3 piqued my interest, but i'm not willing to pick up ~3lbs of weight, and it's expensive to get into the US

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 10:15 Quote
I know someone was looking into possible ways to mullet a V2 Megatower back last fall. Just curious if anyone ever founds a viable way to do it?

I had a V1 MT before this and decided to stick with the formula last summer when I got the V2, but am definitely a little mullet curious and maybe having a little regret over not trying a Nomad this time.

Anyone know why Cascade components wouldn't make a mullet link for the MT V2??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.798874
Mobile Version of Website