Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 2:42 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
fredro wrote:
On a lighter note.... I'm on the phone with Joe Heely and he sounds eerily like Jeffrey Dahmer. Thankfully I'm not a gay man that listens to disco. He'd be cooking me if so. Eek Joker

Pimp lol

I f*ck you!! There goes your Joe deal!!!lol

deal is still on with Studio 54 heeley-san. it's a nick-knack ya S.Dakota sack, throw fredro a bone..!

Don't make me start wakey wakey bang bang morning texting you again...! lol lol

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 2:43 Quote
flgfish wrote:
Sorry to hear ADM. Cancer sucks. If you guys ever end up at MDA in Houston, give me a shout. Good luck and God bless.

thanks fish...!! one day at a time, right ??

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:11 Quote

I am about halfway thru and think its worth a listen. if alberta and saskatchewan united with manitoba to form a coalition that demanded more autonomy and federal representation, it would ingite the fire that canada needs to rise out of the ashes from, hopefully burning off the chaff in the process.

speaking of chaff, boy did baby castro get a tongue lashing from from li xi ping- chinas grand wizard, over confidential conversations that trudeau went and told his sewing circle about. poor justine was pitter pattering all the way to detention when his daddy was done scolding.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
obee1 wrote:

I am about halfway thru and think its worth a listen. if alberta and saskatchewan united with manitoba to form a coalition that demanded more autonomy and federal representation, it would ingite the fire that canada needs to rise out of the ashes from, hopefully burning off the chaff in the process.

speaking of chaff, boy did baby castro get a tongue lashing from from li xi ping- chinas grand wizard, over confidential conversations that trudeau went and told his sewing circle about. poor justine was pitter pattering all the way to detention when his daddy was done scolding.
Great discussion between two smart adults.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
^^ definitely will check this out.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
Half-assed working today. Brining a bird and enjoying some holiday cooking. Taking tomorrow off. Gotta make a pecan pie and a pumpkin pie.

MIL requesting my caramel cheesecake for Thanksgiving....

sweetened condensed milk boiled in a pot of water for like 8 hours...best caramel ever...

photo

whole can of that homemade caramel in the batter

photo

graham crackers, cocoa powder, butter, sugar crust...

photo

goin' in the oven now.

photo

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
Dang man.... I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do the turkey this year. My house is too damned small. I do it in the oven and the house is like 90 degrees by the time it's done.

I set my smoker on fire the other day being a dumb ass. So maybe just toss it on the grill. LOL!

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Dang man.... I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do the turkey this year. My house is too damned small. I do it in the oven and the house is like 90 degrees by the time it's done.

I set my smoker on fire the other day being a dumb ass. So maybe just toss it on the grill. LOL!

holy shit dude..! need the deets on that one lol

I really want to do one on the smoker again. Love the way it comes out.

you should deep fry it outside. keeps the heat outside and frees up the oven for other goodness and dayum it comes out the best...

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
ADM that cheesecake looks amazing man.

Sorry to hear about your mom in law. Going through some of the same stuff with my mom right now. Telling our kids was pretty rough. But she's a tough old girl, all 5'1 of her. She's battling right now but I'm not sure how many rounds of chemo she has in her.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
thanks 'mint..! and sorry to hear you folks are rowing that boat. stay strong man....day by day

She's got it in her pancreas, liver, kidney, gall bladder, lungs. It keeps making her blood clot even on thinners. She was in ER all the week of 11/7 after emergency surgery to clean out the arteries to her legs. No pulse and no temp in left leg sent her in there the night of the 6th. Wife and I pushed to have them do the biopsy while she was in the ER. Instead of taking from liver like they said they would, turns out they took it from her stomach. so she's got this shit in her stomach too...

Now the treatment has been delayed another week. She was supposed to start 11/14, but FIL got covid, then everyf*ckingbody got covid. She got it bad and early last week was battling fever and all the bullshit. Oncologist pushed the start of her treatment to 11/21. We're like "f*cking cool....let's rock and roll...!"

Yesterday morning turns out she was on day two of throwing up and Montezuma's revenge. Onc. pushed her treatment out another week because of the holidays.

my poor wife is a mess.....FIL looks like he's been run through the wringer....the kids are angry / sad / frustrated they aren't starting treatments to make grandma better....

I'm just trying to keep this f*cking house of cards together.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
now to let it cool.....

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
adm750 wrote:
thanks 'mint..! and sorry to hear you folks are rowing that boat. stay strong man....day by day

She's got it in her pancreas, liver, kidney, gall bladder, lungs. It keeps making her blood clot even on thinners. She was in ER all the week of 11/7 after emergency surgery to clean out the arteries to her legs. No pulse and no temp in left leg sent her in there the night of the 6th. Wife and I pushed to have them do the biopsy while she was in the ER. Instead of taking from liver like they said they would, turns out they took it from her stomach. so she's got this shit in her stomach too...

Now the treatment has been delayed another week. She was supposed to start 11/14, but FIL got covid, then everyf*ckingbody got covid. She got it bad and early last week was battling fever and all the bullshit. Oncologist pushed the start of her treatment to 11/21. We're like "f*cking cool....let's rock and roll...!"

Yesterday morning turns out she was on day two of throwing up and Montezuma's revenge. Onc. pushed her treatment out another week because of the holidays.

my poor wife is a mess.....FIL looks like he's been run through the wringer....the kids are angry / sad / frustrated they aren't starting treatments to make grandma better....

I'm just trying to keep this f*cking house of cards together.
Wow, that sounds horrible man. My mother in law passed a few years ago from pancreatic cancer so I can only imagine what you guys are going through. For my mom it's been bad at times but nothing like that. She has a rare form of Leukaemia. When she was diagnosed the doctor was talking like she was shocked if mom was around in a year and we are closing in on a year now.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Half-assed working today. Brining a bird and enjoying some holiday cooking. Taking tomorrow off. Gotta make a pecan pie and a pumpkin pie.

MIL requesting my caramel cheesecake for Thanksgiving....

sweetened condensed milk boiled in a pot of water for like 8 hours...best caramel ever...

photo

whole can of that homemade caramel in the batter

photo

graham crackers, cocoa powder, butter, sugar crust...

photo

goin' in the oven now.

photo

Sorry to hear about the MIL 750 and your wife mint, that sucks. Hopefully they can beat it soon. In the meantime, those pies look amazing! My wife does all of the cooking here and she’s getting ready to make some pumpkin pies and cheesecake! I’m sure I’ll gain about 20lbs between now and New Year’s Day.

Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
We're getting through it 26'er. Thanks

Working on baked ziti now. Bechamel sauce done, main sauce is coming together nicely. No pancetta so making dude with mild Italian sausage.

Errybody gettin fed tonight...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.258751
Mobile Version of Website