Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 6:54 Quote
The mailman made my week and dropped off a little box to the shop yesterday, my 18 Remedy 9.8 has arrived! I was really impressed with how well Trek packages the bike for shipping to make sure it arrives safely. I also got my Reign brand new and it wasn't nearly as protected in the box. I went with the 19.5" frame thanks to suggestions on here and I'm glad I did because it fits perfectly. One thing I changed off the start was the wolf tooth dropper lever just for personal preference. One minor problem i had was i was only given half of the eagle power link, so there is an 11spd link temporarily while I hunt down the proper one.
photo
photo
photo
Pictured with the Reign before its new owner came and took it away
photo

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
cant wait for mine to arrive next week.
looks really good on stock, wondering why im changing everything exept the frame Big Grin

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 7:25 Quote
Malbert wrote:
photo

How does it compare to the Reign? The Remedy seems like a great deal but i don't hear as much about it and haven't had a chance to ride one.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
Malbert wrote:
photo

How does it compare to the Reign? The Remedy seems like a great deal but i don't hear as much about it and haven't had a chance to ride one.

I haven’t really put in much ride time yet, but I can tell you that the medium reign and 19.5” remedy are similar fit wise. My issue with the reign was the rear shock setup, because of the leverage ratio and short stroke it’s hard to set it up for heavier (210lb) riders. Other than the rear shock, I really liked the Reigns geometry, the remedy feels a little more flickable and snappy, the reign felt a little more planted and slack.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 17:33 Quote
Loving my 2018 Remedy 9.8

Views: 657    Faves: 2    Comments: 0

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 18:24 Quote
grgirrgang wrote:
photo

My pants feel small right now

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Loving my 2018 Remedy 9.8

Views: 657    Faves: 2    Comments: 0
good stuff dude! give them bars a tweak! MOVE YA HIPS M8!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
hahahaha was the biggest static drop I've ever hit. I'll add some style to it next time!

I can get moving pretty decent on stuff I'm comfortable with, check this one out (my wife is the first minute or so)

Views: 240    Faves: 0    Comments: 5

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 9:56 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
hahahaha was the biggest static drop I've ever hit. I'll add some style to it next time!

I can get moving pretty decent on stuff I'm comfortable with, check this one out (my wife is the first minute or so)

There ya go!!!

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
alright guys. I've got a 2017 trek slash and I need to replace the headset bearings.

The code on them has rubbed off and struggling to find them anywhere. anyone got any idea which ones I need to get?

Would prefer to buy a different brand that last longer, hope's ideally....

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
alright guys. I've got a 2017 trek slash and I need to replace the headset bearings.

The code on them has rubbed off and struggling to find them anywhere. anyone got any idea which ones I need to get?

good news you can use any headset bearings you want

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 18:33 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:

your trek dealer should be able to find that info out in about 45 seconds.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 4:15 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

ahhhhh need to get back down to NWA

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 5:51 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:

Trek part # W532843.

If you want a better quality one, you would need to know the angle of the inner and outer race. That info I cannot find for you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026754
Mobile Version of Website