Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 18:17 Quote
macross87 wrote:
Wasn't the issue with the integra? KS LEV works great for me stil.

The upgrade to the newer integra mechanism is free - mine has been flawless with the new one.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 18:51 Quote
fleon12 wrote:
Hi, any suggestions to get a better performance of my 2011 fox 36 talas rlc? I want a new fork but I don't have the money to go for a pike or a new 36, so thinking in upgrade a little my 36, what do you recomend? Do the conversion from talas to float rc2? Or put some kashima stachions? Or what? Also wanna paint the lowers in dvo green or in the color of my remedy.

Seriously. Sell it and buy something else.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 18:56 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
fleon12 wrote:
Hi, any suggestions to get a better performance of my 2011 fox 36 talas rlc? I want a new fork but I don't have the money to go for a pike or a new 36, so thinking in upgrade a little my 36, what do you recomend? Do the conversion from talas to float rc2? Or put some kashima stachions? Or what? Also wanna paint the lowers in dvo green or in the color of my remedy.

Find a van 36 rc2 used

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 18:59 Quote
goldhecklerswag wrote:
panaphonic wrote:
fleon12 wrote:

Find a van 36 rc2 used

I know he said he couldn't afford a new pike, but its the perfect fork for a remedy and will increase resale value unlike throwing money at his old fork. One of the German sites normally has a few pikes going cheap.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 19:02 Quote
goldhecklerswag wrote:
panaphonic wrote:
fleon12 wrote:

Find a van 36 rc2 used
If this is the case, a riding buddy has one and it seems to be pretty solid, but you can't go wrong with a Pike.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 20:53 Quote
I think my deore brakes finnally killed themselves Frown Frown Frown Frown

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 21:14 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:

What happened? Get some slx

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 21:24 Quote
goldhecklerswag wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:

Hope Tech3 / X2 or V4

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 22:39 Quote
panaphonic wrote:

I know he said he couldn't afford a new pike, but its the perfect fork for a remedy and will increase resale value unlike throwing money at his old fork. One of the German sites normally has a few pikes going cheap.

I thought resale value was something we only ever pretended existed when speaking to our wives?

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 1:32 Quote
I've got a pair of FOX VAN 36 RC2 that are the first batch of the Kashima coated Forks that came out in 2011 and they have been Faultless.

Covered about 5K Miles and done Two weeks in the Alps for the past 4 years, ridden all yesr in the gloop of UK riding and still going strong.

My riding buddy has Pikes and he's on his third set in 6 Months !

As for Brakes, id definately get HOPE,

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 3:50 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
goldhecklerswag wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:

Hope Tech3 / X2 or V4
Or the E4's....

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 4:09 Quote
I'm more interested in how the old ones failed (not sure how old they are).

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 4:38 Quote
macross87 wrote:

what if the pads weared out? ))))

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 6:10 Quote
macross87 wrote:
ok so what happened was I crashed a few months back and went end over end and Initially the bike was fine everything was good but I bent the front brake lever alittle which is no biggie but then the rear brake started leaking mineral oil from the reservoir at the lever (if that makes any sense at all), but i figured that it was just a problem that would be solved when I got the brakes bled (they began to go soft relatively fast after the accident and then one day just stoped working all together so being the squid I am I was like they just need a good ole bleeding!) and once they were taken apart alittle, cleaned then reinstalled and assembled they would be more than fine and the leakiness would be fixed... I was wrong..... They are leaking even more oil now than before and no longer even work due to there being no oil in the reservoir...... So when I pull the brake lever nothing happens and it goes right to the grip with no resistance.... The front brake still works though... Even after 3 years and yes they are the older deore's.... And they were incredible brakes I'm really upset the rear up and up died on me like this..... I don't know where exactly to go due to my lack of funds and my desire for a new bike and once again my outright squidiness Frown Frown

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 6:52 Quote
Search for any Shimano lever and replace it, will be cheaper

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025581
Mobile Version of Website