Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
tom666 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Is 4 degrees cold to you?

In the UK we tend to state the midday/peak temperature. 4 degrees is as warm as its getting today.

I notice a lot of people that claim its like -20 where they live that's actually in the middle of the night when nobody is awake or going anywhere.
True but the high today is 9(-13 Celsius).theres also too much snow to ride a normal bike on trails. Guess I need a fat bike now
f*ck winter

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
Yh Tom in middle of no where stuck out back with no way of getting supplies really

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
Without losing traction in a 4x4 lol

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
krattAtak wrote:
tom666 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Is 4 degrees cold to you?

In the UK we tend to state the midday/peak temperature. 4 degrees is as warm as its getting today.

I notice a lot of people that claim its like -20 where they live that's actually in the middle of the night when nobody is awake or going anywhere.
True but the high today is 9(-13 Celsius).theres also too much snow to ride a normal bike on trails. Guess I need a fat bike now
f*ck winter

That's a shitty winter for sure.

I actually had a really good ride today, the 15th December. Pretty good that you can genuinely ride all year in the UK. The only problem is its a big job getting clean after a ride. Bike, kit, car and your face are all normally pretty shitty.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Yh Tom in middle of no where stuck out back with no way of getting supplies really

order what u need on amazon lol, they'll find a way

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
I was riding all winter through here on the island last year. Might have been a couple of weeks riding in some shallow snow but I made it work! Today is sunny with a high of 4 and it's barely rained in the last two days, shall be a good day for a rip!

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
Winters not so bad where I am with skiing. Backcountry skiing is my mountain biking when it's cold. It makes me appreciate the biking season more too since there's no risk of getting taken out by an avalanche.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
tom666 wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

order what u need on amazon lol, they'll find a way

Thanks for pro tip bud!

However I boycotted Amazon a looooong time ago

Thank f I live in civilisation nowadays however without a radiator in my bedroom just a portable one which oddly enough is on full blast at 2000kw iirc and it is like I might aswell have not bothered

Think i left it on from 11pm to 12pm last night ooooops!!

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
We get a bit of that in the Strathcona park a few hours north on the island..but no where near as good of snow as you get in Nelson. That place is a winter paradise!!

Oh yeah..topic!

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
Yeah it gets deep here. The resort is supposed to average 40ft a year. We get a nice almost coastal climate down low too so normally you can be biking into late November and back on the trails by March.

photo

My BC Alloy Instinct. Hoping to swap it out for a carbon model next season.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
Why the want for carbon ?

Genuine question ...

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Temperature doesn't tell the full story. I've spent a lot of time in the mountains of Europe, Canada and NZ. The temperatures are generally much lower than the UK, but there's usually a lot more sunshine and a lot less moisture. Personally I find dry cold much easier to tolerate than wet. Having said that, when it gets below -15c I don't want to be out there long.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
Yhrightwet cold and wet warm here in blightyisutterly miserable

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Why the want for carbon ?

Genuine question ...
Can't speak for him but, personally, I don't have any hate for alloy but I definitely feel like carbon rides better in general and, given my druthers, I'd always go carbon.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Maybe... :/ to get too anal on vs merits but cba putting up with creaking cracking noises when I put load thru a carbon frame

That is ime obvs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032408
Mobile Version of Website