Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
I will try to grow a better potato when I get back!

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
harry2601 wrote:
tom666 wrote:
harry2601 wrote:

Thanks mate, appreciate it! There are of course a few imperfections that are well hidden in photos like this but on the whole it came out better than I expected

Says on your profile you're from Surrey. You ever ride at Rogate? Might see you on the hill some time if so - can't miss you on a frame like that!

Yeah man, never actually been Rogate though. Only go a big bike February this year so have lots of places to tick off still, how is Rogate? I'll be looking to go there soon for sure. I love going bulltrack and that's reasonably local being about an hour away.

You should definitely visit Rogate - since it's been taken over by B1ke it's my go-to spot. Lots of variety of trails - jumps, tech, some steep bits, wood features etc. There's loads there, all well maintained and runs really well even in the wet.

It's £10 for a day pass but you have to make an account and book in advance - you can't just turn up atm because of covid.

I have the annual pass and go there 1-2x a week. Your bike would suit it well!

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
tom666 wrote:
harry2601 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Says on your profile you're from Surrey. You ever ride at Rogate? Might see you on the hill some time if so - can't miss you on a frame like that!

Yeah man, never actually been Rogate though. Only go a big bike February this year so have lots of places to tick off still, how is Rogate? I'll be looking to go there soon for sure. I love going bulltrack and that's reasonably local being about an hour away.

You should definitely visit Rogate - since it's been taken over by B1ke it's my go-to spot. Lots of variety of trails - jumps, tech, some steep bits, wood features etc. There's loads there, all well maintained and runs really well even in the wet.

It's £10 for a day pass but you have to make an account and book in advance - you can't just turn up atm because of covid.

Oh okay sounds great, I'll be sure to check it out soon, thanks for the info! limited tickets available I assume? and whats the climb back up like?

Are you still making those Morph frames? In love with them!

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
harry2601 wrote:
tom666 wrote:
harry2601 wrote:

Oh okay sounds great, I'll be sure to check it out soon, thanks for the info! limited tickets available I assume? and whats the climb back up like?

Yeah they're limiting it to 120 riders on any given day. It's actually been really good for the park because the weekends sell out and then way more people are coming to ride in the week instead.

There's several push up routes. You can pedal most of it but there's a few places it makes more sense to get off and push. I used to pedal up on the road most of the time but they're trying to phase that out because there's so many U16s ride there and some of the locals come flying down that hill in their range rovers. They're trying not to have any deaths on their hands I think - understandable.

I am indeed still making the Morph frames - delivered the first 2 production frames to customers last week. Sold a third one. Looking to sell numbers 4 and 5 real soon!

Frame 001 - fitted with an EXT storia shock - got shipped to a customer in Germany

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
tom666 wrote:
harry2601 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Yeah they're limiting it to 120 riders on any given day. It's actually been really good for the park because the weekends sell out and then way more people are coming to ride in the week instead.

There's several push up routes. You can pedal most of it but there's a few places it makes more sense to get off and push. I used to pedal up on the road most of the time but they're trying to phase that out because there's so many U16s ride there and some of the locals come flying down that hill in their range rovers. They're trying not to have any deaths on their hands I think - understandable.

I am indeed still making the Morph frames - delivered the first 2 production frames to customers last week. Sold a third one. Looking to sell numbers 4 and 5 real soon!

Frame 001 - fitted with an EXT storia shock - got shipped to a customer in Germany

I'll look into Rogate for an upcoming weekend, videos look great. Haha very understandable, the locals must love it...

Ah wicked, they look so good man! Congrats on getting the first couple sent out, how do they ride?

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
harry2601 wrote:

I'll look into Rogate for an upcoming weekend, videos look great. Haha very understandable, the locals must love it...

Ah wicked, they look so good man! Congrats on getting the first couple sent out, how do they ride?

You have to be reasonably quick to get a weekend spot - but it's very possible. People are normally really friendly there - so you can ask about what trails to do first etc. I'd probably start with Bottle Rocket - jumpy blue flow trail.

Bikes ride great man. Modern geo means they're really stable at speed and comfortable on steeps. Suspension is predictable and the steel is very forgiving. Even when you bottom out it isn't super harsh. Pedals well too.

Wouldn't suit somebody looking for a super stiff bike, or somebody who wants to race Enduro - you'd probably want more rear travel than the ~142mm my frames put out. But all round trail/AM/everything bike it's super fun.

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
Guess I now officially have a downcountry bike by adding a dropper to the Ndizia.

Morewood Ndizia with new dropper and flat pedals for DJ s XTR s for actual trail riding . Guess it s now a downcountry bike...

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
and somehow it still has a steeper seat tube angle than the new Slash lol

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 18:19 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
and somehow it still has a steeper seat tube angle than the new Slash lol

lol looks can be deceiving it's only slacker by 3.6-4.1 degrees from the new Slash. But still steeper than the old one lol

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 5:20 Quote
tom666 wrote:
harry2601 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

How progressive are these? Im really liking the idea of a steel frame.

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
The leverage ratio is very linear - it's ~2.35 leverage ratio throughout the stroke.

If you're after a more progressive setup you can add some ramp with volume spacers - I run 4 out of a possible 5 volume bands in my DVO topaz and that works great.

Alternatively you can run a coil and we'll just make sure you're running a firm enough spring. Good shocks don't need a progressive curve to work well. You can find loads of examples of people running coils on Oranges, Starlings and Marinos without issue.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 21:52 Quote

My trail buddy! Such a great climber and not too bad going down chunk drops and jumps!

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 23:05 Quote
Is that a Neuron? I've heard good things about those but never been able to demo one.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 7:00 Quote

Still need some cable management and personal adjustments.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019811
Mobile Version of Website