Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Like I said, I'm sure it happens.
Yes, they do, good observation! Just like all Trek's look the same, and Giants look the same, Scott's look the same, Yeti's, Rocky Mountain...etc.

Trek is just as bad as an offender as Santa Cruz. I agree.

Top fuel/fuel/remedy/slash.

Yes. They all look like a Session

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
i/ve had 13 bike from Canyon in 8 years and broked none! (i'f the well known spectral's chainstay that canyon inform about it and change it in 5 days is a broken one, then 12)

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
I cracked my Jeffsy chainstay after 5 months of pretty mild riding. I don't think I'm buying from YT again. Oh well, I'm a broke HS student and the price made it worth the risk.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
I cracked my Jeffsy chainstay after 5 months of pretty mild riding. I don't think I'm buying from YT again. Oh well, I'm a broke HS student and the price made it worth the risk.
did they warranty it?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
Sounds like there gonna, I know they have issues with being accurate on timing, but I'm gonna give them a pass cause they're probably running on a skeleton crew. It's not their warranty that I'm frustrated with, but the quality of their stuff. If it can't handle a light as a feather teenager riding blues, blacks, and the occasional double black, then what is it supposed to be able to handle?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Everything breaks. News flash!

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Sounds like there gonna, I know they have issues with being accurate on timing, but I'm gonna give them a pass cause they're probably running on a skeleton crew. It's not their warranty that I'm frustrated with, but the quality of their stuff. If it can't handle a light as a feather teenager riding blues, blacks, and the occasional double black, what is it supposed to be able to handle?

Intresting. With my limited time on the Jeffsey, I beat it to hell at the bike park. crap ton of Huck to flats, Fair bit of casing jumps too Smile but i have noticed that their warranties are slow as a snail.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Sounds like there gonna, I know they have issues with being accurate on timing, but I'm gonna give them a pass cause they're probably running on a skeleton crew. It's not their warranty that I'm frustrated with, but the quality of their stuff. If it can't handle a light as a feather teenager riding blues, blacks, and the occasional double black, then what is it supposed to be able to handle?

Intresting. With my limited time on the Jeffsey, I beat it to hell at the bike park. crap ton of Huck to flats, Fair bit of casing jumps too Smile but i have noticed that their warranties are slow as a snail.
I guess when I say mild, stuff, I mean it's Florida, at best we have some really short but steep lines and a few good sized hucks. Everything else is street, xc, or dj. I've taken park riding once at Little Switz and hit everything pretty decently (no sloppy casing or leaving the tail out on whips.) I'm no Cam Zink but I sure don't just hang out on the green XC loops. What I'm saying is, it just doesn't make to much sense for this mild riding to crack a frame. I'm gonna say it's probably just something that snuck by quality control, cause most other excuses don't make sense.
Also, regarding slow warranties, they're saying four to six weeks, which isn't bad for being in a global pandemic.

And Fredro, I get it, but I'm trying to just say that YT kinda sucks at their quality control.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 17:14 Quote
fredro wrote:

Defensive Yeti guy is defensive lol
Wink

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 17:22 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
fredro wrote:

Wink
It's cause if you go on the offensive while riding a Yeti, it'll probably break

lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
fredro wrote:

Wink

Nope. Not defensive at all. Makes no difference to me in my buying decisions. It’s just funny how people state the obvious that yetis break, and act as if EVERY OTHER BRAND does not, or does less. Like there’s some sort of tracking system.

Hilarious

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
fredro wrote:

Wink

lol

Big Grin

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:59 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Wink

lol

Big Grin

if there were any reasonable probability of yetis breaking when ridden hard, i would be the luckiest person on earth. 3 seasons of offensive riding and not a single problem ;-p

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
What 140-160mm travel bikes would you all recommend? Frame or complete, definitely will be a custom build, or swapping most if not all the stock parts. Budget is about 2500. Alloy preferred, Used or new doesn't matter too much

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Transition Patrol, either of the Kona Processes, YT Jeffsy, Commencal Meta TR or Am, Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt, and maybe the RSD Wildcat V2. The list just goes on and on and on, especially with all of qualities you want.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036638
Mobile Version of Website