Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
And it's going to hit the fan in 3 2 1...

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
In defense of the fork, I did not have enough time to get it truly dialed. My buddy that lent it to me had both the shout and the message and could never get them feeling too plush. He’s back on a Lyrik and Era now as a result. However, maybe our local terrain is just a bad match for those forks.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
i wonder if anyone has tried to have a suspension shop reshim the Trust damper (or do it themselves) or something. there are a bunch in the buy sell for less than half of what they were originally selling for, could be an expensive experiment to get some more performance out of it

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
i wonder if anyone has tried to have a suspension shop reshim the Trust damper (or do it themselves) or something. there are a bunch in the buy sell for less than half of what they were originally selling for, could be an expensive experiment to get some more performance out of it
The two people I know who had them both broke them.

It's a small sample size, but if you're a hard rider it's probably not worth it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
Nobble wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
i wonder if anyone has tried to have a suspension shop reshim the Trust damper (or do it themselves) or something. there are a bunch in the buy sell for less than half of what they were originally selling for, could be an expensive experiment to get some more performance out of it
The two people I know who had them both broke them.

It's a small sample size, but if you're a hard rider it's probably not worth it.

Jeez. How were the breaks? like catastrophic, resulted-in-crash? or "Better clean my fork...oh look its cracked"

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:08 Quote
I could see the Shout's having issues with rear wheel heavy landings. Was it internal or external failure?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I could see the Shout's having issues with rear wheel heavy landings. Was it internal or external failure?
How far out front it extends always made me think it would be prone to snapping... but I'm a fat f*ck that tends to smash down hard when I land so that's kind of always in the back of my mind.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Nobble wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
i wonder if anyone has tried to have a suspension shop reshim the Trust damper (or do it themselves) or something. there are a bunch in the buy sell for less than half of what they were originally selling for, could be an expensive experiment to get some more performance out of it
The two people I know who had them both broke them.

It's a small sample size, but if you're a hard rider it's probably not worth it.

Jeez. How were the breaks? like catastrophic, resulted-in-crash? or "Better clean my fork...oh look its cracked"
I think they were both steerer tubes. I know one was catastrophic, it broke between the stem and headset. I think it was a little hip/g-out on the side of the road. He may have gone to flat, I can't remember.

Edit: found the pics.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:21 Quote
Damn thats wack. Thanks for sharing.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 18:31 Quote
Holy shit, that's wild... and a sketchy spot to break, between stem and headset. That doesn't seem like it'd be subjected to a ton of stress unless something was done wrong.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 19:22 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Holy shit, that's wild... and a sketchy spot to break, between stem and headset. That doesn't seem like it'd be subjected to a ton of stress unless something was done wrong.
yeah, he's 100% not the sort to be a hack mechanic either. I have zero doubt that he installed it to spec.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 19:46 Quote
Damn that’s gnarly. Did he come away relatively unscathed at least?

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 20:03 Quote
My 2021 Commencal Meta HT. Have since added gold chain with chain guide.


Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
pguard2112 wrote:
My 2021 Commencal Meta HT. Have since added gold chain with chain guide.


Nice! I was thinking about buying a ht frame. Looking at this and Nukeproof so far

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
Almost finished. This counts?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.015618
Mobile Version of Website