Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 19:58 Quote
Thought one of the big pluses with trunnion is that the more rigid mounting makes them less likely to get more shaft wear than a chip n dale's dancer?

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
I had a 153 and can confirm it was hard on shocks. Ate the monarch but the DB air held up well.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Little confused here. Bought a new bike and it comes with a fox 36 that has the push acs3 upgrade. From my understanding it’s a coil upgrade? If so why is there a recommended psi setting with the push upgrade.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 9:34 Quote
"AIR BUMP STOP TECHNOLOGY
Used in conjunction with our Coil main spring, our patent-pending Air Bump Stop cartridge allows you to independently fine tune the progressiveness of your fork. Using a standard suspension pump, pressures can be set between 5-50psi for your desired bottoming control. Lower pressures provide a more linear fork feel, while higher pressures provide a quicker engagement and more progressive performance for big hit riding. All without interfering with the first 65% of the forks travel."

Says so on the ACS3 page

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:
Little confused here. Bought a new bike and it comes with a fox 36 that has the push acs3 upgrade. From my understanding it’s a coil upgrade? If so why is there a recommended psi setting with the push upgrade.

The coil is used for the first 65% of travel, with the air shaft controlling the last 35%. The air pressure in the shaft is adjustable based on your riding style/terrain. It’s a great set up IMHO.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:

The coil is used for the first 65% of travel, with the air shaft controlling the last 35%. The air pressure in the shaft is adjustable based on your riding style/terrain. It’s a great set up IMHO.

I see. Thank you

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:
blurryvision wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:

I see. Thank you
Sure thing!
You may also want to verify what spring is currently installed as well to ensure its is the correct one for your weight.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:
blurryvision wrote:

I see. Thank you
Sure thing!
You may also want to verify what spring is currently installed as well to ensure its is the correct one for your weight.

I just contacted the previous owner and he said it doesn’t have the spring…push changed the seals and bushings and oil shims

O+
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Thought one of the big pluses with trunnion is that the more rigid mounting makes them less likely to get more shaft wear than a chip n dale's dancer?

Trunnion is more rigid yes.

The shocks are not rigid and flex all over when ridden hard with the trunnions and yokes.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 19:59 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:

nope, just as bad as yoke driven shocks on side loading, see heaps of dead ones here. Only one that doesn't seem to die is ohlins TTX22M, but they have their own issues with the damper body un-threading from itself which is leads to utter catastrophe. Come to think of it, there isn't really a bullet proof shock on the market these days.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 20:11 Quote
Brasher wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

nope, just as bad as yoke driven shocks on side loading, see heaps of dead ones here. Only one that doesn't seem to die is ohlins TTX22M, but they have their own issues with the damper body un-threading from itself which is leads to utter catastrophe. Come to think of it, there isn't really a bullet proof shock on the market these days.

Arma?

O+
Posted: May 13, 2021 at 21:09 Quote
I'm just glad I'm a skinny dude who isn't carrying the weigh of some of the clydesdales on here and the only suspension Ive ever blown up was a DPS back in like 2010 (probably was called something different back then). But PUSH made it feel AMAZING getting it rebuilt and revalved to my weight and bike.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 21:47 Quote
hmstuna wrote:
Brasher wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Arma?

True, yet to see one of those shit the bed. But in saying that I've never seen one in the wild, few Storia's but never an ARMA.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024536
Mobile Version of Website