Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
EDC tool with tube strapped to top tube. Carry inflator in my pocket

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Welp, Ordered some cockpit stuff off CRC this AM. Wondering what you gentledudes that ride without a bag are doing for tool and tube storage these days?
Lezyne Flow Caddy type thing in the water bottle holder... made by Trek but same idea, little water bottle sized storage container. Locks in tight enough that it's a pain to get out, holds a decent amount of shit.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Welp, Ordered some cockpit stuff off CRC this AM. Wondering what you gentledudes that ride without a bag are doing for tool and tube storage these days?

One up steerer tool. Tire plugs loaded and ready to go in the bottom stash (instead of pre rolled joints). Dakine hot laps gripper bag strapped to top tube. Tubolito, co2, zip ties, first aid.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:

• Water: Bottle on the frame and soft bottle in a jersey pocket.
• Food: Jersey pocket and/or shorts pockets.
• Pump: On the frame, bracket under the bottle cage.
• Armour: If any, in a jersey pocket or strapped to the frame.
• Tube, tools: Dakine Hot Laps Gripper with undersized tube, mounted under the down-tube. Would've placed it above the down-tube, adjacent to the BB shell, if I could. Tools in place of CO₂.
• Extra storage, if needed: Blackburn Outpost Corner Bag. It fits really well; if I had more space available, I'd get a custom Alpine Threadworks Performance Satchel.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:45 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

One up steerer tool. Tire plugs loaded and ready to go in the bottom stash (instead of pre rolled joints). Dakine hot laps gripper bag strapped to top tube. Tubolito, co2, zip ties, first aid.

Boooo

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
I use the bontrager rapid pack on every ride (sometimes after a break I freak out thinking I left it on the ground because I don't even notice it on my hips) with CO2, plugs, tiny pump, emergency supplies/first aid, tiny food gel pack (just in case), tiny chamois cream packet (just in case). Otherwise I have a tube strapped to my frame,EDC tool in headset and water bottle on my frame.
For long rides I can rock a 26 oz bottle on the frame and in the fanny pack, lots more stuff in the fanny pack and if needed short pockets.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
Specialized Zee cage with tool (peer pressured into spending $70 on a bottle cage) strap for tube and levers, pump strapped to frame. Frame carries 1 full size bottle, Bontrager rapid pack if I need more water or space.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
Swat box on bike for tube/CO2/pump/ power bars/trailmix/first aid kit.

Multitool on Swat waterbottle cage

Phone, 2nd water bottle and shot blocks in Swat bibs.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
Small lightweight backpack. Holds as little or as much as needed.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
I usually just show up to the ride and ask if i can get water from a fellow riders bottle, if a mechanical happens then ask for help n tools from fellow rider.

yeah

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:04 Quote
PHeller wrote:
The NS Bikes Quantum Lite at 133g for 145mm length and $50 is pretty good weight per dollar ratio.

37 cents a gram.

The Intend Grace EN, by comparison is $1.76 a gram.

Kalloy Uno 31.8 45mm is 125g at only $17. It wins at 13 cents a gram.

Decibel 3d forged 50mm 75 grams. $44 usd shipped.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
nubbs wrote:
I usually just show up to the ride and ask if i can get water from a fellow riders bottle, if a mechanical happens then ask for help n tools from fellow rider.

yeah
Pro style

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
Same as the Wren stem. Forging dies cost a lot, then cost per unit is low, so you'll always find a lot of re-branding of a nice forged item.

I've tested these for possible OE spec. Not stiff enough for large riders, wide bars, or burly riding. Great for light riders, narrow bars, or moderate riding.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 14:23 Quote
75 grams is scary light for a 50mm stem.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
nubbs wrote:

yeah
Pro style

That's definitely the bike shop employee style.. If I am on my hardtail, lots of time, this is my approach. Haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037140
Mobile Version of Website