Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 10:58 Quote
Motocross bikes are starting to come down in price, both used and new. Used skis as well. I understand seasonal changes, but this goes beyond that. I expected DH bikes to be on the same level as MX bikes, if not worse in terms of price drops.

2019-2020, you could get nice bike park ready bikes well under $2000. I’m looking for that now, and I’m about $1000 too low. I guess adjusting my price up $400 for inflation and seasonal would be doable, but I ain’t spending $2500 for a 6 year old bike that MSRPd for $3k

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 11:17 Quote
cheap trail bikes are in season from people who bought bikes during the pandemic and rode them twice and are just trying to unload them

Cheap DH bike season usually starts in Sept and runs until February after a season of flogging.

Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 11:23 Quote
I’m 3 months too late ay

Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 11:47 Quote
IDK where you're looking but prices seem to have dropped from what I've seen. My friend can't sell his Tues no matter how much he drops the price. It's getting to the point where it's not worth selling.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3580035/

Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
Lots of very good dh bikes on the used market here in socal around the $2000 range

Even more dh bikes that have been through the war, mismatched parts etc for even cheaper

Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
IDK where you're looking but prices seem to have dropped from what I've seen. My friend can't sell his Tues no matter how much he drops the price. It's getting to the point where it's not worth selling.

That's insane that bike isn't selling, he's practically giving it away.

Mod
Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 13:03 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Motocross bikes are starting to come down in price, both used and new. Used skis as well. I understand seasonal changes, but this goes beyond that. I expected DH bikes to be on the same level as MX bikes, if not worse in terms of price drops.

2019-2020, you could get nice bike park ready bikes well under $2000. I’m looking for that now, and I’m about $1000 too low. I guess adjusting my price up $400 for inflation and seasonal would be doable, but I ain’t spending $2500 for a 6 year old bike that MSRPd for $3k
scott voltage fr with boxxer and saint brakes for 1250 on the buysell

Mod
Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 13:04 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
Nobble wrote:

That's insane that bike isn't selling, he's practically giving it away.
i bought my rickety old db8 for 400 more than that damn prices have come down

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 18:14 Quote
Guarantee you if your friend was willing to go through the trouble of shipping it that YT would have sold already. Being an XL frame and limiting it to just around Santa Cruz limits the sale tremendously.

Posted: Apr 17, 2023 at 22:47 Quote
Prices have crashed here in Finland. I sold my 2018 Sender CF 8.0 for 2500€ in January and i think i got lucky. I had it for sale starting in September for 2950€ and nobody was interested in it.

Today when i look at the biggest Finnish forum for used bikes, parts and gear there are some massive price drops on bikes because nothing was moving from the fall to basically today. I saw a top spec Commencal Supreme 2021 with an EXT shock for 2700€ earlier this week, it's still for sale.

It's a great time to be a buyer now, people are facing the fact that in most cases they need to dump the price if they want to get rid of their bike.

Posted: Apr 18, 2023 at 1:56 Quote
Motofinne wrote:
Prices have crashed here in Finland. I sold my 2018 Sender CF 8.0 for 2500€ in January and i think i got lucky. I had it for sale starting in September for 2950€ and nobody was interested in it.

Today when i look at the biggest Finnish forum for used bikes, parts and gear there are some massive price drops on bikes because nothing was moving from the fall to basically today. I saw a top spec Commencal Supreme 2021 with an EXT shock for 2700€ earlier this week, it's still for sale.

It's a great time to be a buyer now, people are facing the fact that in most cases they need to dump the price if they want to get rid of their bike.

Worldwide too…my vitard friend?

Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 20:45 Quote
Nobble wrote:

This is a good deal and near me

Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 11:10 Quote
Anyone ridden a 2017- newer Kona Operator Alloy?

If so, can you compare how it rides to other dh bikes?

Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 2:44 Quote
Looking to get my first DH bike. Ive been riding trail for about 8 years and I'd say I'm a pretty capable trail rider. I'm torn between Transition TR11 and a Trek Session 8. I'm 5'5 so the SM TR11 seems like to would fit better(410 reach vs 440 reach on the trek) Do you guys have any suggestions? Is there such thing as a beginner friendly DH bike?

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 7:34 Quote
There is nothing special about riding a downhill bike. You'll transition fine on any modern DH bike you choose. You'll just be surprised at what chunk you can ride over with minimal effort compared to a trail bike.

I got a cheap GT Fury as my first. Felt like getting on a comfy couch.

I.e. don't stress it too much. Focus on getting a good deal (that fits). Around here, size small DH bikes seem to be priced well because there is less demand for them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028414
Mobile Version of Website