Chinese carbon rims..... Anyone got them are they any good?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Chinese carbon rims..... Anyone got them are they any good?
Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
So far 2 pairs of high end verses my still going strong lightbicycle 33mm dh rims. Can't complain for the price!

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 5:55 Quote
As I know on the market now we can find out some good supplier of carbon rims from China,like the said light bicycle,
Windsail.I ever bought my wheelset from Windsail who offer wide options of rims width & depth.And they can do carbon weave in 1K.I did't find out others chinese factory can do wheels & rims in 1K.So far my wheelset did very good performance.I will buy it again from Windsail.
and you can compare the price between Windsail chinese carbon rims
and Mavic rims

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2015 at 7:22 Quote
I just received my 35mm x 24mm carbon hookless wheelset built with Novatec 3 in 1 hubs and 28 spokes from Carbonspeedcycle; $494 shiiped to NY. I put Minion DHF and DHR II set up tubeless.

Will report back after some testing.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 8:27 Quote
what does the hookless bead mean?? I'm looking at some of these for my giant trance, i run hans damp tyres in a 2.35 size and would like to run tubeless, will the hookless set up have me covered. I can't find any with a bead hook on their site.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 9:36 Quote
RossTitherington wrote:
what does the hookless bead mean?? I'm looking at some of these for my giant trance, i run hans damp tyres in a 2.35 size and would like to run tubeless, will the hookless set up have me covered. I can't find any with a bead hook on their site.

Hookless bead means there is no lip on the inside of the rim. You can still run tubeless no problem.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 10:52 Quote
I have over 3000 miles on my set and they're still going strong under my fat butt.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 11:55 Quote
RossTitherington wrote:

A hookless bead means a stronger rim, it turns out a bead hook doesn't actually help hold your tyre in place.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
With stretched tires, it helps a lot actually.

Worn beads will blow off much easier on a hookless rim than a hook/clincher rim.

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 3:49 Quote
With schwalbe and maxxis especially, the rubber will wear long before the bead stretches, so it shouldn't be a problem!

Not had a single issue with the hookless design when running tubeless. the LB rims are the easiest tubeless setup I've experienced!

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 3:55 Quote
Similar story here. Coming up for 2 years on 35mm hookless Light Bicycle 29er rims with no problems whatsoever.

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 4:13 Quote
Motorised vehicles have hookless rims and they don't suffer issues because of it.

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 7:30 Quote
Motor vehicles don't have issues nor hooks for different reasons. Apples to oranges.

But yeah, I love airing up tubeless on my LBs. Way too easy!

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 7:37 Quote
Never had an issue with hookless, but I use WTB tires, which are nearly impossible to get on or off, so I don't ever anticpate any instance of the bead blowing off. I shralp corners pretty hard, but I don't have the vibroflex that minsta does.

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
I've been blowing off small block eight tires from my 26er LB 33mm rims. Given that I have been running 40~55psi, I'd assume that the hooks would do a tiny bit of work in keeping the tires on.

I wonder if Procore would actually make certain (read: looser) tires more burp-happy on hookless rims if the Procore inner tire wedges beneath the actual tire and the rim... Eek something I might find out next season

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 18:41 Quote
theminsta wrote:
With stretched tires, it helps a lot actually.

Worn beads will blow off much easier on a hookless rim than a hook/clincher rim.

I'm running 225 Racing Ralphs on 38/i32 without issue; 30f/35r tup

your situation is running 40+ psig pressure, can't fathom that myself especially on stretched tires Confused

which, they also state on the website info panel:

bigquotesCycling tyre pressure: 40psi (recommend MAX)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017103
Mobile Version of Website