Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 6:22 Quote
Hi Guys,

I'm new to mountain biking and I hire bikes for the moment. Thinking of buying a Strive or a Spectral Al . I live in Dubai , United Arab Emirates. My problem is with service and parts. I ride once a week for about 15km all mountain. What parts you guys replace most. Had a chat with canyon customer service but not very convinced with the answer for parts and service. Do you guys send the bike to them or get the parts from them and fix it your self.

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 7:54 Quote
You can order pretty much anything online, it's only parts specific to your frame that will need to be ordered specifically through canyon, those kind of things shouldn't need replacing until the bike is pretty old however.
For things like tyres, brake pads and drivetrain parts (which will wear out over time) you can order from anywhere you like.

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 12:07 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
You can order pretty much anything online, it's only parts specific to your frame that will need to be ordered specifically through canyon, those kind of things shouldn't need replacing until the bike is pretty old however.
For things like tyres, brake pads and drivetrain parts (which will wear out over time) you can order from anywhere you like.

Thanks for the input jamieridesbikes..

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 15:42 Quote
rusmar1316 wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Thanks for the input jamieridesbikes..
I agree with jamieridesbikes and I guess a Spectral would be better for your all mountain riding!

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 16:04 Quote
rusmar1316 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to mountain biking and I hire bikes for the moment. Thinking of buying a Strive or a Spectral Al . I live in Dubai , United Arab Emirates. My problem is with service and parts. I ride once a week for about 15km all mountain. What parts you guys replace most. Had a chat with canyon customer service but not very convinced with the answer for parts and service. Do you guys send the bike to them or get the parts from them and fix it your self.

If you are worried about servicing go for the Spectral, the strives shapeshifter needs to be sent back to Canyon for a service every 200 hours, however they say they will send you out a new shapeshifter when you book it in and when it arrives you send your old unit off to them, at least it keeps you mobile that way.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 0:12 Quote
rusmar1316 wrote:
Hi Guys,

As others mentioned I'd go with Spectral too for your use. With 15km/week you don't have to worry about parts for a long time but Canyon's customer service is better than "shop" brands (in my experience and in my country at least).

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 3:38 Quote
Anyone seen a review of the new spectrcal CF?

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 5:34 Quote
hi, i want to ask an torque dhx owner if the rear axle is 142x12mm and the rear shock length is ... ? thx

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 5:38 Quote
pretty sure it's 241x76

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 6:55 Quote
My Torque DHX finally arrived today... In my opinion it looks much better in real like on the Canyon´s website....https://www.pinkbike.com/u/morka/album/Canyon-Torque-DHX-Whipzone-2015/

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
Have fun! Looks sweet.But i would remove the spoke protector on the rearwheel, just for looks Smile .

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 1:04 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Have fun! Looks sweet.But i would remove the spoke protector on the rearwheel, just for looks Smile .

Yap, it´s already removed. Big Grin

Posted: Dec 6, 2014 at 2:24 Quote
Thanks you all the guys for advice. Decided a Spectral.
Tried to decide a size but in a bit of limbo. My weight is 66kg.My height is 172cm but I have 87cm inseam. Mainly cos of the inseam size Canyon support told me to go for the large size. I tried a trance medium size and felt good on it . Should I try a large and small bike sizes as well before buying one? What you guys think?

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 14:14 Quote
rusmar1316 wrote:
Tried to decide a size but in a bit of limbo. My weight is 66kg.My height is 172cm but I have 87cm inseam. Mainly cos of the inseam size Canyon support told me to go for the large size. I tried a trance medium size and felt good on it . Should I try a large and small bike sizes as well before buying one? What you guys think?

I'm 179cm with a similar inseam as you, I went for a medium and it fits my riding ttyle well, any taller and I would have went for a large

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 12:15 Quote
Medacus wrote:
rusmar1316 wrote:

I'm 179cm with a similar inseam as you, I went for a medium and it fits my riding ttyle well, any taller and I would have went for a large

Thanks Medacus. I was thinking to go for medium as well. cheers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014800
Mobile Version of Website