Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
Saturnalia wrote:
They just gave us another teaser on insta! 166.6 rear travel and 29 inch wheels. Must be the new Wreckoning. Wonder if they’ll tease the Undead anytime soon. I’m eager to get the new wrecker park build but it would be a shame to get one just a few weeks before they release a new Undead lol

Nooooo now i really am feeling the pressure

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
LoBomber wrote:
Trying out the DBair and loving it so far.

photo

It’s a lovely shock alright. Getting mine serviced next week so curious to see what improvement the service makes

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Saturnalia wrote:
They just gave us another teaser on insta! 166.6 rear travel and 29 inch wheels. Must be the new Wreckoning. Wonder if they’ll tease the Undead anytime soon. I’m eager to get the new wrecker park build but it would be a shame to get one just a few weeks before they release a new Undead lol

Hopefully 77 deg seat angle and bb adjust so will plat play nice as mullet!

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 14:39 Quote
2017 Wreckoning
Lower shock mount

A while back I started hearing noises and found my shock was sliding back and forth the slightest bit. I measured it with a caliper and found it had worn itself to just over 22mm. I ordered in a new bushing (bearing kit actually) that was 22.2 and it fit nicely.
The noise is back and now I'm measuring 22.7mm.
The 2mm taper lock collar is in but the drive side surface does appear worn off. Is it supposed to be painted or exposed black from the threaded insert?
I've made nylon washers to space it out but I am so hesitant to add one as it will offset the shock and sideload the it.

Anyone with similar side-side shock play?
I check my bolt torque before every ride so they are always toit.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
Anyone have some tips of remounting the rear shock on an Offering? Every time I try to position the shock the washers between the linkage bearings and shock fall out. Kind of a pain in the ass.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 2:21 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
2017 Wreckoning
Lower shock mount

A while back I started hearing noises and found my shock was sliding back and forth the slightest bit. I measured it with a caliper and found it had worn itself to just over 22mm. I ordered in a new bushing (bearing kit actually) that was 22.2 and it fit nicely.
The noise is back and now I'm measuring 22.7mm.
The 2mm taper lock collar is in but the drive side surface does appear worn off. Is it supposed to be painted or exposed black from the threaded insert?
I've made nylon washers to space it out but I am so hesitant to add one as it will offset the shock and sideload the it.

Anyone with similar side-side shock play?
I check my bolt torque before every ride so they are always toit.

Yup. Had the same thing happen on my Insurgent with the original hardware that came with the Monarch. I don't have the issue anymore since I've swapped to the 11/6.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Saturnalia wrote:

Hopefully 77 deg seat angle and bb adjust so will plat play nice as mullet!

Mullet?? gross

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
Having a lot of play in my rear assembly.
2017 evil following, main pivot axle is super loose. Has anyone had this issue?

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
New Wreckoning is on the front page:

Evil Wreckoning

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
But HERE is the better review...

--> https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountain-bikes/is-the-new-evil-wreckoning-the-most-versatile-long-travel-29er/

If the STA is better than the last Wrecker which was damn near perfect (not to mention the other new changes) this is probably the best bike on the market if you like to party- hands down.

kwapik wrote:

Evil Wreckoning

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
CDT77 wrote:

--> https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountain-bikes/is-the-new-evil-wreckoning-the-most-versatile-long-travel-29er/

If the STA is better than the last Wrecker which was damn near perfect (not to mention the other new changes) this is probably the best bike on the market if you like to party- hands down.

kwapik wrote:

Evil Wreckoning

that made me LOL, the first evil to be reviewed on pb in years and theyre like “we dont really like it”

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 2:41 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
CDT77 wrote:

kwapik wrote:

Evil Wreckoning

that made me LOL, the first evil to be reviewed on pb in years and theyre like “we dont really like it”

The actual STA is going to make it a no for me. The one thing they needed to fix most they got wrong.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 3:00 Quote
I personally don't think they have made enough changes giving it super boost was a massive failing as well.

To be honest it's about time they changed the whole frame design. I used to have an offering and i had a 160mm fork on it and a coil was a brilliant bike. Raced all year on it and smashed around the alps with no issues.

Recently i swapped to a rocky slayer and it pedals way better because it has a steeper STA and a proper slack HA and more adjustability with the ride 4 concept it's everything the wrecker should be but my slayer has a PF BB lol.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:27 Quote
yeah i have to be honest, my wreckoning LB with a -1.5 degree angleset has nearly the same geometry, albeit a bit shorter in reach, so the superboost and tiny seatpost kind of makes it a hassle if i wanted to upgrade just for 30mm more reach.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
but my slayer has a PF BB lol.

you almost had me convinced until this last sentence, every PF ive ever had was shit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018485
Mobile Version of Website