Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
My ride logs are uploaded automatically from strava but I have to checkthe date, if i ride in the morning it dates the ride to the following day and the time is wrong presumably because of time difference. It would be better if it used the date time info from strava rather than local time we dont all live in canada!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 14:53 Quote
mallorcadave wrote:
My ride logs are uploaded automatically from strava but I have to checkthe date, if i ride in the morning it dates the ride to the following day and the time is wrong presumably because of time difference. It would be better if it used the date time info from strava rather than local time we dont all live in canada!

Well there's your problem, you should live in Canada! heh
Hmm yah so I do use the Strava date, but is converted to 'unixtime', the problem is I didn't save the timezone info, so the server's timezone is used when I output the dates. So I will start saving the timezone info.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 0:04 Quote
Love the site. Just moved to Vancouver and it's been great way for me to find trails I want to ride on the N.Shore.

Is there a way that I can download the tracks as a .KML or GPX file so I can load them in my handheld gps? If not that would be an great feature to add.

FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 10:36 Quote
There's download buttons on the page, at the bottom-right.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s10.postimg.org/r0u7luap5/tf_download.png

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 12:36 Quote
was about to write an email to radek about this.

Ok, so i noticed the trails forks link, and clicked it: HORROR. worst nightmare, open source trails posting. great for sharing your strava rides, but for those of us with super hush hush secret illegal spots, we need them kept ultra hush hush. All it takes is one snotty kid on pinkbike who has heard about the spot or duscovered it, the way kids do, and the scene is destroyed. Anyhoo. My proposition is that trail builders can post their spot, but in posting it it doesnt publish it, it blocks that area. So say i have trains in a patch of woodland, i can block that patch. The only way you find the block is if you try and register a trail there. similarly, say you have a top secret run, you can block that run, but the rest of the area is still open for people to post, as not to arouse suspicion.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 21:01 Quote
Hwulex wrote:
There's download buttons on the page, at the bottom-right.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s10.postimg.org/r0u7luap5/tf_download.png

Awww, I didn't realize you had to click and download each individual trail rather than being able to download all the trails on a particular mountain in one file.

As an example, being able to download all the listed tracks for Cypress mountain in one file would be a cool streamlined feature rather than the individually downloading tracks.

Either way thanks for the heads up Hwulex.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 23:59 Quote
James-Carey wrote:

Ok, so i noticed the trails forks link, and clicked it: HORROR. worst nightmare, open source trails posting. great for sharing your strava rides, but for those of us with super hush hush secret illegal spots, we need them kept ultra hush hush. All it takes is one snotty kid on pinkbike who has heard about the spot or duscovered it, the way kids do, and the scene is destroyed. Anyhoo. My proposition is that trail builders can post their spot, but in posting it it doesnt publish it, it blocks that area. So say i have trains in a patch of woodland, i can block that patch. The only way you find the block is if you try and register a trail there. similarly, say you have a top secret run, you can block that run, but the rest of the area is still open for people to post, as not to arouse suspicion.

If its a secret trail why would you need to publish it on trailforks?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 0:09 Quote
mallorcadave wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

Yes that is certainly a good option, and if it is added, you can report it and we will review it and remove it. Or your local association or land manager can get admin permission for the region to control the visible trails themselfs.

But illegal or secret trails can be added, there are several different "hidden" settings. That will change the visibility of the trail, searchability and the trails location and gps. I will add a help article soon explaining these options in detail.

@rumlan you need to login to Trailforks too see the download buttons. There is functionality to download KML files of all the trails in an entire region, but we have it disabled atm. We are still decided on if we will offer that as a feature, some regions might not want that. It will probably be integrated with the future mobile app.

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 4:46 Quote
canadaka wrote:
mallorcadave wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

Yes that is certainly a good option, and if it is added, you can report it and we will review it and remove it. Or your local association or land manager can get admin permission for the region to control the visible trails themselfs.

But illegal or secret trails can be added, there are several different "hidden" settings. That will change the visibility of the trail, searchability and the trails location and gps. I will add a help article soon explaining these options in detail.

@rumlan you need to login to Trailforks too see the download buttons. There is functionality to download KML files of all the trails in an entire region, but we have it disabled atm. We are still decided on if we will offer that as a feature, some regions might not want that. It will probably be integrated with the future mobile app.

@dave you publish it as a pre emptive block. It's not right that a trail builder should have to constantly check in fear that their trail has not been put up, hence my solution.

Saying that, if a trail already exists as a private trail, can someone lay another trail on top of it? (So basically my idea) and will you be willing to give out permissions to builders as land admin. I am thinking more for bmx as I can think of a lot of guys who would want to just black mark their area now and not have to worry about it in the future

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 14:04 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
canadaka wrote:
mallorcadave wrote:

@dave you publish it as a pre emptive block. It's not right that a trail builder should have to constantly check in fear that their trail has not been put up, hence my solution.

Saying that, if a trail already exists as a private trail, can someone lay another trail on top of it? (So basically my idea) and will you be willing to give out permissions to builders as land admin. I am thinking more for bmx as I can think of a lot of guys who would want to just black mark their area now and not have to worry about it in the future
Ahh get you now good idea!

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 5:18 Quote
Hi,
I have a suggestion on the Ride Log function. There is a function which calculate the average trail difficulty.
The problem is when you're are doing some kind of Enduro / All Mountain riding, the system calculate the average difficulty including the Access Road. So At a result I have for my ride average difficulty: Access road.
It doesn't show at all the average trail difficulty because the access road are only used to climb at the top of the trails.
So, my suggestion is to calculate the average ride difficulty only on the trails by disabling the access road.

My two cents.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 13:06 Quote
hpman83 wrote:
Hi,
I have a suggestion on the Ride Log function. There is a function which calculate the average trail difficulty.
The problem is when you're are doing some kind of Enduro / All Mountain riding, the system calculate the average difficulty including the Access Road. So At a result I have for my ride average difficulty: Access road.
It doesn't show at all the average trail difficulty because the access road are only used to climb at the top of the trails.
So, my suggestion is to calculate the average ride difficulty only on the trails by disabling the access road.

My two cents.

I will make the average difficulty exude access roads.

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 10:24 Quote
Could someone add the possibility to write a short description on POIs?
I´ve added POIs to 3 local "pumptracks as TFTs but would like the option of writing a short description to say a few words about the seize, build quality etc.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 11:28 Quote
Odegaard86 wrote:
Could someone add the possibility to write a short description on POIs?
I´ve added POIs to 3 local "pumptracks as TFTs but would like the option of writing a short description to say a few words about the seize, build quality etc.

I will try and add POI descriptions today

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
Would it be possible to have a unified login for PB and Trailforks?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019159
Mobile Version of Website