2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
Views: 648    Faves: 4    Comments: 4

Good times on the steed last weekend, running 20% sag with 3 tokens up front and 30% sag with 6 volume spacers was money for the park. Thanks again for the advice guys

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
Eddkilla wrote:

Good times on the steed last weekend, running 20% sag with 3 tokens up front and 30% sag with 6 volume spacers was money for the park. Thanks again for the advice guys
Glad to hear you're enjoying it dude,nice trail too!

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 14:42 Quote
Eddkilla wrote:

Nice trail and very nice riding BTW

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
Is there different thread pitch for rear thru axles? I just broke the handle off mine and wanted to confirm the right one before I buy it.
http://www.jensonusa.com/QR-Thru-Axle-Skewers/DT-Swiss-RWS-Thru-Axle?cs=Black

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 19:11 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
Is there different thread pitch for rear thru axles? I just broke the handle off mine and wanted to confirm the right one before I buy it.

Yep. Cant comment on compatability though. Id do research before ordering

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 19:14 Quote
Rmcfarland wrote:
tricyclerider wrote:

Research is leading my to believe that giant uses a special pitch. Looking into it more but as of right now i may have to pay double the price for the dam giant one....

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 19:47 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
Rmcfarland wrote:
tricyclerider wrote:

Research is leading my to believe that giant uses a special pitch. Looking into it more but as of right now i may have to pay double the price for the dam giant one....
Check out Roberts Axle Project.com and look at their lightening axles. They will have what you need. There is a difference between maxle, dt Swiss, and shimano axles and the pitches they use.

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 20:24 Quote
Eddkilla wrote:

Nice ride! What's your weight (geared up)? I'm planning to put bottomless rings on my debonair too.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 20:24 Quote
www.jensonusa.com/Giant-Bicycles/Giant-RWS-Rear-Thru-Axle-12X142?cs=Black

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 20:36 Quote
Bulldog61 wrote:
Eddkilla wrote:

Nice trail and very nice riding BTW

Thanks guys, means a lot

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
steve-miller wrote:
Eddkilla wrote:

Nice ride! What's your weight (geared up)? I'm planning to put bottomless rings on my debonair too.

I weigh around 155-160 lbs but for the bike park I ran a pretty stiff setup to deal with the jumps and bigger hits. For everyday trail riding I've found that 32-35% sag with around 5-6 bands works really well for fast rocky decents but that's just my preference. Experiment a bit to see what works for you!

Posted: Aug 8, 2017 at 20:41 Quote
Eddkilla wrote:
steve-miller wrote:
Eddkilla wrote:

I weigh around 155-160 lbs but for the bike park I ran a pretty stiff setup to deal with the jumps and bigger hits. For everyday trail riding I've found that 32-35% sag with around 5-6 bands works really well for fast rocky decents but that's just my preference. Experiment a bit to see what works for you!

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 3:29 Quote
Eddkilla wrote:

Very nice video and nice riding too. Some big big jumps there, props. And your friend seems to know his way on jumps too. tup

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 7:37 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
Eddkilla wrote:

Very nice video and nice riding too. Some big big jumps there, props. And your friend seems to know his way on jumps too. tup

Thanks a lot! My friend (wearing the flannel) was was riding a Specialized Stumpjumper with full blown suspension front and rear that didn't have any compression or rebound damping and still ripped! Makes me feel bad about myself haha

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
Time to enter the Reign family! Mostly stock -17 SX, did swap SRAM for my XT stuff and the stock dropper for my reverb.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018898
Mobile Version of Website