Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
Author Message
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 20:12 Quote
I've got a Sunflower 2020 frame shipping in on Wednesday. Gotta move parts from my black 2019 Rootdown frame over. I've had a new fork and wheelset on display waiting for my frame to arrive. So stoked to be able to put it all together!

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
Sounds like we're all about to blow up this thread with new pics, can't wait.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
This time of year is wonderful... its like storks delivering babies all over the place.....


Piman... the lockdown excludes essential services.... this would classify as such.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
This time of year is wonderful... its like storks delivering babies all over the place.....


Piman... the lockdown excludes essential services.... this would classify as such.

Yeah, Dewine classified bike shops as essential, but a lot of them are only offering repairs right now. I think these guys are a small enough shop though that they can manage. Might give em a call tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
piman wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
This time of year is wonderful... its like storks delivering babies all over the place.....


Piman... the lockdown excludes essential services.... this would classify as such.

Yeah, Dewine classified bike shops as essential, but a lot of them are only offering repairs right now. I think these guys are a small enough shop though that they can manage. Might give em a call tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Yep I think most shops its just call before to make an appointment. Bet they’ll curbside you no problem

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 0:50 Quote
aflax wrote:
slaker wrote:
Oh Damn, new bike day....Hows that riding around Vegas ? videos Ive scene look amazing.

Lots of great tech with multiple trail systems all around the Valley. Bootleg canyon is 45 minutes away, Southern Utah is 2 hours, and Phoenix is 4 hrs. I've been really impressed.

These are the parts that are going on the new build. With a new SLX crankset to match.


what size rootdown is that? for some reason that bend in the top tube doesn’t look as pronounced and i really like it

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
frigofff wrote:
aflax wrote:
slaker wrote:
Oh Damn, new bike day....Hows that riding around Vegas ? videos Ive scene look amazing.

Lots of great tech with multiple trail systems all around the Valley. Bootleg canyon is 45 minutes away, Southern Utah is 2 hours, and Phoenix is 4 hrs. I've been really impressed.

These are the parts that are going on the new build. With a new SLX crankset to match.


what size rootdown is that? for some reason that bend in the top tube doesn’t look as pronounced and i really like it

M/L

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
awesome. that’s the size i’m looking at. has anyone here noticed any creaking from the pressfit bb or are the chromags not super prone to that?

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
frigofff wrote:
awesome. that’s the size i’m looking at. has anyone here noticed any creaking from the pressfit bb or are the chromags not super prone to that?

I haven't had any issues over two Rootdowns I've owned.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
frigofff wrote:
awesome. that’s the size i’m looking at. has anyone here noticed any creaking from the pressfit bb or are the chromags not super prone to that?

I had a Primer that did creak intermittently. My past Rootdowns have been fine.

Chromag do say that the Taiwanese frames do tend to be more consistent from a production point of view. The local made frames have some occasional 'quirks', not my words Wink

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
ronufoh wrote:
frigofff wrote:
awesome. that’s the size i’m looking at. has anyone here noticed any creaking from the pressfit bb or are the chromags not super prone to that?

I had a Primer that did creak intermittently. My past Rootdowns have been fine.

Chromag do say that the Taiwanese frames do tend to be more consistent from a production point of view. The local made frames have some occasional 'quirks', not my words Wink

Part of the charm.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
Good news, got the call that my Primer is in. Gonna pick it up this afternoon! Will post pictures.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
This feed is going to blow up with new builds. Bike porn Christmas here we come!

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
piman wrote:
Good news, got the call that my Primer is in. Gonna pick it up this afternoon! Will post pictures.

Update, going tomorrow afternoon because the tech isn't in to swap the bb and headset and I don't have the tools to do it myself.

But yeah, this thread is about to blow up. I think it's so cool that this frame has such a large following. Not many other bikes you see that for.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
No emails on shipment yet, so probably tomorrow morning (?). Like others, as soon as it's here I'll get some pics up.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007434
Mobile Version of Website