Show your Giant !

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant !
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 9:25 Quote
In a way, it comes off as incredible arrogant to overprice your bike like that. What the other dude said about 5500 rings so true. I'll go as far as to say the used market essentially ends at the 3500 mark, and anything above that better be packing one f*cking hell of a punch, custom graphics, or otherwise.

Your bike is a dream bike to me, without a doubt, but that price is absolutely outrageous.

Furthermore, I think PB actually has a rule against putting your bike "kinda" for sale. They've taken down many ads for it in the past. Either toss it up at a respectable price, as you wish to sell it, or take it down, as you're just going to make everyone think you're "that guy" in the meanwhile.

Sweet bike. Cheers.

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
And after looking through the spec and that ad, no, it's not even worth 5500. The fact you work in a shop and got a deal on most of the stuff, and now you're trying to ream someone the f*ck out with it, is actually really sad in my eyes, and why I warn people not to just blindly trust their LBS.

Oh, and no, retail would not be 10k. Not. Even. Close.

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 15:32 Quote
here how mine will look for 2014

photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2014 at 15:45 Quote
My giant reign 2 finished with the new dropper post
Nice bikes guys love the giants

This is my 2010 giant reign 2 brought the frame last year it was only a couple of months old from New and built it up myself spec is
Frame: Giant reign 2010
Shock:fox van rc coil (not stock)
Forks: 2013 rockshox sektor 150mm solo air
Cranks: shimano slx, 32t raceface narrow wide
Rear mech and shifter: sram xo dh 10 speed carbon cage 36-11t cassette
Wheels: ztr flow on superstar trizoid 120p dh hubs sapim c xray spokes
Seat post: rockshox reverb dropper with fisik nesme seat
Brakes: shimano zee with ice tech rotors
Bars: renthal fatbar 780mm wide 10mm rise
Tyres: bontrager xr4 team issue 2.35 set up tubeless
Pedals:shimano Saint
Stem: renthal duo 50mm
Grips: superstar

Posted: Feb 2, 2014 at 13:12 Quote
I rode this Glory DH for a while, never really got comfortable on it as I probably should have picked a Large instead of a Medium.

photo

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 11:06 Quote
Upgrades since last weigh in 1x10 FTW 32lbs on an all aluminum build pretty happy with that.
  Upgrades since last weigh in 1x10 FTW 32lbs on an all aluminum build pretty happy with that.

photo

New upgrades since last post, WTB frequency i23 now tubeless, and 1x10 with race face NW chain ring. After new weigh in came in at 32lbs 10oz more upgrades to come.

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 11:20 Quote
Nice man, it's looking good! 32 pounds with the double barrel isn't bad at all! One question...how do you like those loaded grips? They look interesting, I've always wanted to try a pair!

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 11:46 Quote
parkourfan wrote:
Nice man, it's looking good! 32 pounds with the double barrel isn't bad at all! One question...how do you like those loaded grips? They look interesting, I've always wanted to try a pair!
I like them but they wear out fast because they ate a soft compound. Of course that also adds to the comfort of them.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2014 at 14:33 Quote
USMC wrote:

photo

New upgrades since last post, WTB frequency i23 now tubeless, and 1x10 with race face NW chain ring. After new weigh in came in at 32lbs 10oz more upgrades to come.

Super good looking bike!

Posted: Feb 15, 2014 at 14:38 Quote
clunchpowers wrote:

Super good looking bike!

Thanks

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 6:56 Quote
Sick build UMSC, looks like you gonna bring this reign to Rampage.

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
My bike! $800 used. Its a Giant Reign but I have no idea what year is it. Anyone know? Opinions welcome!

photo

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
Giant reign 2, 2006. Stock rear shock, albeit with a few upgrades.

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 15:54 Quote
parkourfan wrote:

Thanks. I am enjoying the upgrades the former owner put on them. Out of everything, the rear shock is what I would upgrade first. It's starting to die.

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 18:26 Quote
ILoveWalMartBikes wrote:
parkourfan wrote:

Thanks. I am enjoying the upgrades the former owner put on them. Out of everything, the rear shock is what I would upgrade first. It's starting to die.

Not surprising. You should be able to put a 7.875x2.25 shock back there to give it 6.7 inches of travel. If not, you should be looking for the stock eye-to-eye, which is 7.875x2.0. The reign rides really well with a coil shock. That aside, looks like you got a killer deal on that! Enjoy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032984
Mobile Version of Website