Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
s3ntin3l wrote:
I just ordered a zeb 160mm for my v1. I currently have a 170mm fox 36. I opted for the 160 because it has the same axle to crown as my fox 36. Once I get it installed I will let you know if I can tell the difference. FYI, I purchased last year’s model.

Nice. I didn’t realize that…I’d keep the 160 anyway so that would be sweet…I found one locally for a great deal and am considering it.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 12:51 Quote
170mm Zeb Ultimate on my V1 paired with a super deluxe coil on a cascade link out back. I rate it highly on the descents, still climbs as sluggishly as it did before, no noticeable difference, it gets the job done.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
What are people with V2 sentinels running for bash guards?

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
mrutledge414 wrote:

I’ve got a Oneup Bash Guide - so it’s got a top chain guide and a plastic bash guard under the chainring. All attached to the iscg mounts

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
mrutledge414 wrote:
I run the Absolute Black one...also recommend getting the Rockguardz carbon protector...im on my second one and so glad I had them.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
mrutledge414 wrote:

Bash guard and chain guide from Funn. They’re modular so you can install without having to remove the cranks

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
stevede wrote:
170mm Zeb Ultimate on my V1 paired with a super deluxe coil on a cascade link out back. I rate it highly on the descents, still climbs as sluggishly as it did before, no noticeable difference, it gets the job done.
Yea my alloy isn’t trying to go up fast at all. Same build as you almost. Cc link, coil, and I’ll likely go Zeb but keep 160. Maybe trying a 60mm stroke out back but will see.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 16:20 Quote
reidmorebooks wrote:
Anyone running a 38/Zeb on their v1? How’s its change with the longer axle to crown? Enjoying the stiffer front end? Considering a used 38/Zeb or just trying a smash pot in my current 36 grip 2.
I picked up a Zeb ultimate on the cheep when the new ones came out. The zed rides like my 36 when I had it set at 170mm except way less twisty in the rocks. The head angle is now 63.8 degrees according to my phone app. I removed one 5mm spacer under my stem , leveled and moved forward my saddle .

The Zeb was a huge upgrade over the fox imo.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
mustclime wrote:
reidmorebooks wrote:
Anyone running a 38/Zeb on their v1? How’s its change with the longer axle to crown? Enjoying the stiffer front end? Considering a used 38/Zeb or just trying a smash pot in my current 36 grip 2.
I picked up a Zeb ultimate on the cheep when the new ones came out. The zed rides like my 36 when I had it set at 170mm except way less twisty in the rocks. The head angle is now 63.8 degrees according to my phone app. I removed one 5mm spacer under my stem , leveled and moved forward my saddle .

The Zeb was a huge upgrade over the fox imo.

That’s the confirmation bias I'm looking for! Thanks for that.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 6:20 Quote
mrutledge414 wrote:

I'm running the Cascade Components bash guard on mine because it came with the bike. It seems to be pretty pricey but it's been doing a good job so far, though I personally wouldn't spend that much for it it is nice to have.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 6:41 Quote
UncleChimney wrote:
mrutledge414 wrote:

I'm running the Cascade Components bash guard on mine because it came with the bike. It seems to be pretty pricey but it's been doing a good job so far, though I personally wouldn't spend that much for it it is nice to have.

Did that come with the bike when you bought it new or was it used?

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
mrutledge414 wrote:
UncleChimney wrote:
mrutledge414 wrote:

Did that come with the bike when you bought it new or was it used?

It was bought used.

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
UncleChimney wrote:
It's 13g lighter and $33 less than MRP's comparable part (SXg SLR). Compared to their aluminum one it's 0.1lbs lighter and $27 more. Food for thought.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 11:07 Quote
I have the CC guide on my spire. I paid full price and it’s worth every penny. The clutch on my X01 shits the bed in rock gardens and I’ve done everything I can to throw a chain and it’s worked flawlessly. I cannot say the same for previous MRP guides. Also with my supper low bb I get lots of strikes on the bash guard and it’s held up nicely. If it was not flawless or worked like my last MRP I’d have complaints. For me it’s worth the $$$.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
s3ntin3l wrote:
reidmorebooks wrote:

I just ordered a zeb 160mm for my v1. I currently have a 170mm fox 36. I opted for the 160 because it has the same axle to crown as my fox 36. Once I get it installed I will let you know if I can tell the difference. FYI, I purchased last year’s model.

I just did the same with a 170 Zeb on a V1 carbon frame. No rides yet but I will be looking at the sag & set up carefully. All I can comment on at this point is how good it looks. lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018024
Mobile Version of Website