Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
EKrum wrote:
I'm sure I am missing something here.

Pretty good summary.

@R-M-R I think you need to work on your manners.

Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
oatkinso, This is a misunderstanding.

EKrum said he's sure he's missing something. I meant his summary was pretty good and wanted to assure him he's not missing something, just a minor adjustment was needed. I've added a clarification to the original post.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 16:20 Quote
Hey,
any news about the RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Air with MegNeg on the Sentinel V1?
There has already been some discussion about this shock on the Senti but it has been a while. So any more experiences?
I know from a guy who uses it, saying that it feels softer in the beginning of the stroke and offers more midstroke support, but the bottom out issue remained...
Thanks!
Oliver

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 17:11 Quote
I made the leap! Sold my Patrol and picked up a Sentinel v2 in loam gold. Heading out for a shakedown ride tomorrow

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 21:43 Quote
Here is my V1 Sentinel with the new cascade component LT link.

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
I made the leap! Sold my Patrol and picked up a Sentinel v2 in loam gold. Heading out for a shakedown ride tomorrow

photo

Sexy bike Cool

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 3:47 Quote
s3ntin3l wrote:

photo

How does it feel?

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 3:53 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:

photo

Looks great :-) how are those pedals btw?

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
ANVL pedals are great. I’ve been running them for over a year now and have no complaints. Your foot sits nicely the slightly concave design with loads of grip

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
s3ntin3l wrote:

photo

Nice! Did you install with the 22 mm bearing c-clips on the trunnion bearings? I noticed the cascade components link doesn’t have a groove for them.

Diagram for reference if you don’t know what I’m referring to: https://www.transitionbikes.com/Support_Archive_VersionDetail.cfm?ID=7

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
The C-clips must be for holding the bearing in place so if the CC link doesn't have them then I'd assume the design doesn't require them...?

Murphius wrote:
s3ntin3l wrote:

photo

Nice! Did you install with the 22 mm bearing c-clips on the trunnion bearings? I noticed the cascade components link doesn’t have a groove for them.

Diagram for reference if you don’t know what I’m referring to: https://www.transitionbikes.com/Support_Archive_VersionDetail.cfm?ID=7

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
jenksy wrote:
The C-clips must be for holding the bearing in place so if the CC link doesn't have them then I'd assume the design doesn't require them...?

Murphius wrote:
s3ntin3l wrote:

photo

Technically I don’t see why they’d be required since the trunnion bolts should keep the bearings from pulling out. My issue when installing was that the trunnion bolts were too long to seat properly (also changed to a Jade X coil which may have contributed) so I had to grind them down to get them to seat flush with the cascade link.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
I wanna see how the cascade links fits with a bottle. My stock link barely lets me Float X2 clear.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
For anyone wondering about the retaining ring/C-clip, they are not needed with the link. The bearings are pressed in. With the stock link they do not affect fitment of hardware since they only contact the link and the bearings and not pivot bolts or washers. So not having them does not affect fitment in any way.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
RolliRolltRund wrote:
Hey,
any news about the RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Air with MegNeg on the Sentinel V1?
There has already been some discussion about this shock on the Senti but it has been a while. So any more experiences?
I know from a guy who uses it, saying that it feels softer in the beginning of the stroke and offers more midstroke support, but the bottom out issue remained...
Thanks!
Oliver

There is some talk about it on the Meg Neg thread:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=213381&pagenum=1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019051
Mobile Version of Website