2018 giant reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 giant reign
Posted: May 2, 2018 at 18:34 Quote
jarrett27 wrote:
OskarBouvin wrote:
jarrett27 wrote:

Intersting... I'll have to think about it. Trying to figure out whats up with my shock. I have the reign 2 and the deluxe rt thats on it is not really functioning. Like it holds air and squishes and what not. But the settings like the lock out and rebound don't seem to change the feel of the shock no matter how much i turn the dials. It also seems to leaking a fair amount of oil down the stancions. It's got about a month of riding on it and i was reading somewhere that a little leakage is normal? Not sure, looks like enough to be concerning to me. So I was just wondering if anyone else has faced this problem? And whether I should rebuild it or send it back? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Hmm, I kind of had the same problem with my dpx2, so I sent it to Fox for a warranty claim but it didn’t really change anything. What pressure are you running? It seems like if you are on the heavier side and have to run pressures around 250psi and above, the dials don’t really do that much of a noticeable difference compared to someone who needs less pressure. About the lockout, it simply changes the low speed compression damping on the shock, so it’s not really a lockout at all, the shock can still move if it encounters bumps and what not.
Oil on the stanchions isn’t anything to worry about, as long as it isn’t literally dripping... Smile

Gotcha. Idk tho like you flip the switch to closed and its literally no different than with the switch to open. I work at a bike shop and the guys there are thinking somethings wrong with it. Gonna call sram tomorrow and hopefully have it taken care of soon. Thank you for the input

Had an issue with a deluxe R where there was a knock in it and the rebound didn't work properly. Shock had internal damage to it and the damper had come unthreaded inside. Could be a similar issue with oil migration here. I'd pull the air can off and take a peek inside to start with, it'll help SRAM if you can describe the problem and the state of the internals as well.

SRAM will take care of you for sure, their support is top notch. Took them 3 days and they sent out a super deluxe rc3. No complaints here.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 5:46 Quote
parkourfan wrote:
jarrett27 wrote:
OskarBouvin wrote:

Hmm, I kind of had the same problem with my dpx2, so I sent it to Fox for a warranty claim but it didn’t really change anything. What pressure are you running? It seems like if you are on the heavier side and have to run pressures around 250psi and above, the dials don’t really do that much of a noticeable difference compared to someone who needs less pressure. About the lockout, it simply changes the low speed compression damping on the shock, so it’s not really a lockout at all, the shock can still move if it encounters bumps and what not.
Oil on the stanchions isn’t anything to worry about, as long as it isn’t literally dripping... Smile

Gotcha. Idk tho like you flip the switch to closed and its literally no different than with the switch to open. I work at a bike shop and the guys there are thinking somethings wrong with it. Gonna call sram tomorrow and hopefully have it taken care of soon. Thank you for the input

Had an issue with a deluxe R where there was a knock in it and the rebound didn't work properly. Shock had internal damage to it and the damper had come unthreaded inside. Could be a similar issue with oil migration here. I'd pull the air can off and take a peek inside to start with, it'll help SRAM if you can describe the problem and the state of the internals as well.

SRAM will take care of you for sure, their support is top notch. Took them 3 days and they sent out a super deluxe rc3. No complaints here.
I had to send my deluxe back to Rockshox after 2 bike park trips. Besides waiting on hold and listening to the Sram eagle advertisement 30 times, the return time was quite speedy, and i had no problems with them questioning whether it was a legit issue or not. I would just send the shock in, might be worth it. Mine had air in the damper, which affected both the performance of the damper and made it emit a grinding squish noise when compressed. I'm most likely going to be upgrading to DVO when they release their new shock.

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 23:20 Quote
new 2018 giant reign 2

Just joined the club! Took some stickers off just for cosmetics, havent ridden it on a trail yet but it feels really good ripping around on the street. need to clean up the cables and build will probably stay like this for a while. Anyone got any ideas for first upgrades? Im thinking charger damper for the fork and eventually dpx2 shock

O+
Posted: May 11, 2018 at 5:19 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
new 2018 giant reign 2

Just joined the club! Took some stickers off just for cosmetics, havent ridden it on a trail yet but it feels really good ripping around on the street. need to clean up the cables and build will probably stay like this for a while. Anyone got any ideas for first upgrades? Im thinking charger damper for the fork and eventually dpx2 shock

Brakes for sure. If you wanna try something different, than shimano or sram, get the trp slates. They have done me well so far. They are technically "trail" brakes, but im all of 145 lbs and with 203 up front and 180 in the back, i only need SO much braking power. So depending on how much you weigh, i would look into something a little powerful. But nice brakes have made a big improvement in my riding so i'd start with that.

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 7:07 Quote
jarrett27 wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:
new 2018 giant reign 2

Brakes for sure. If you wanna try something different, than shimano or sram, get the trp slates. They have done me well so far. They are technically "trail" brakes, but im all of 145 lbs and with 203 up front and 180 in the back, i only need SO much braking power. So depending on how much you weigh, i would look into something a little powerful. But nice brakes have made a big improvement in my riding so i'd start with that.

100% agree with this. I did Shimano Zee's, but that just my personal preference. The shock also isn't particularly nice, so i would eventually upgrade that. I'm most likely gonna through a DVO topaz on there. Charger damper upgrade sounds nice; might as well get the Debonair air spring upgrade also, as its only $40

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
Geoff-Smith wrote:
jarrett27 wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:
new 2018 giant reign 2

100% agree with this. I did Shimano Zee's, but that just my personal preference. The shock also isn't particularly nice, so i would eventually upgrade that. I'm most likely gonna through a DVO topaz on there. Charger damper upgrade sounds nice; might as well get the Debonair air spring upgrade also, as its only $40

Yeah I was going to mention brakes too. Not sure if theyre bedding in but they feel quite weak. I had Magura MT5s on my last bike and really liked them. May go zees or XT also. havent heard much about the TRPs but will check them out! Im light but we do some pretty big descents here Squam/whistler area so I definitely appreciate a lot of power! Will also look at the debonair upgrade. I am also quite close to Vorsprung so might go by there and see what they think. Other than that higher rise bars and maybe new saddle. pretty stoked on the giant dropper have had a few over the years and they have always been great!

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
does anyone know if the reign 2 can fit a float x2 shock?

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 17:22 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
does anyone know if the reign 2 can fit a float x2 shock?

Yes it can have 1 in mine... It's super dope. Go for it... Order w) trunnion

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 22:06 Quote
Any issues or warranty claims for the 2018 reign advanced yet?
have warrantied the last version now twice and wondering if i should try something else or if the 18 reign is any tougher.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 22:52 Quote
if anyone is looking to sell their super deluxe coil please let me know.

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
murrdogg wrote:
have warrantied the last version now twice and wondering if i should try something else or if the 18 reign is any tougher.
im still surprised that people have had issues with their reigns ive had my reign 2 for nearly 7 months now and mines still running strong, im so impressed with it that its getting a kind of reward, which is a gx eagle drivetrain upgrade and also a shwalbe magic mary 2.6 front and hanz dampf 2.6 tyres.

i still hate the current standard tyres (maxxis high roller/ shorty) just today i came off 15-20 times just because the front tyre kept giving way and the rear spinning like wild.

As a side note i am running 25-28 psi in my tyres for hybrid riding (road and off-road)

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 7:58 Quote
Those on the SX or running coils - any luck finding any sort of chart on recommended spring rates? Or what have you liked? I’m on a medium with the 400 pound spring and my riding weight is about 165lbs. Thinking I should try out the 450.

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
murrdogg wrote:
what sort of problems have you had? what were scenarios?

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
murrdogg wrote:
what sort of problems have you had? what were scenarios?

small crack developing near lower shock mount on the 15 and 17 advanced frames. warrantied both times

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 12:36 Quote
what kind of spring rates are people using on their rockshox super deluxe coils?
would a 450# be enough support for a 200lb rider?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019715
Mobile Version of Website