All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
550lb spring on my 2020 at 95kg, works great.

For the 38, it is extremely picky about pressure, more so than any other fork. Get a digital gauge if you don't already have one. There is a 2-3psi Goldilocks pressure for these where everything is golden, outside of this window you got yourself a jackhammer (too firm, or just wallowing in mid/end stroke creating harshness)

My suggestion is to get the air spring side dialled, run the rebound a tad faster than they suggest (although with the GRIP damper the leg suggestions should be a good starting point.

Between 2-4pm on the compression dial is a good starting point.

They are fantastic forks, just extremely precise on setup, luckily the GRIP damper is a bit easier than the GRIP2 for dialing in.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
Does anyone know if I can use offset bushings on my shock in order to steepen my HTA and raise my BB so when I mullet my bike is has roughly the same geometry as stock?

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
T00Holmes wrote:
Does anyone know if I can use offset bushings on my shock in order to steepen my HTA and raise my BB so when I mullet my bike is has roughly the same geometry as stock?

It's been done before, but having the bushings inward you do run the risk of them rotating out.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
T00Holmes wrote:

It's been done before, but having the bushings inward you do run the risk of them rotating out.

Loctite for the win. A lot of it.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
T00Holmes wrote:

You could always....... not mullet it?!

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
stevenEK9 wrote:
T00Holmes wrote:

You could always....... not mullet it?!

Where is the fun in that???

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
Has anybody had problems with their 38 developing movement? I just had mine serviced because of movement that felt similar to a loose headset. The play went away for a few rides but it’s back and more annoying than ever!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 0:10 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
Has anybody had problems with their 38 developing movement? I just had mine serviced because of movement that felt similar to a loose headset. The play went away for a few rides but it’s back and more annoying than ever!

Do you have the Performance or Factory version? When they serviced it did they replace anything or just change the oil?

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:

Do you have the Performance or Factory version? When they serviced it did they replace anything or just change the oil?
I have the performance. When I got it serviced nothing was replaced apart from the oil

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
Right so I have a meta in slate grey.

Would purple or silver parts look better on the ride version. Thanks

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 15:08 Quote
Sweatypants wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the 2021 Meta AM grey is matte or gloss? Hard to tell from the pics, but I have one coming and would like to get Ride Wrap pre-ordered before it gets here next month. Thanks.

I have the same bike. It’s matte. As it happens I also installed a ridewrap on my RIDE version and it went very smoothly. Great protection that will keep it looking fresh for much longer

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 19:20 Quote
Anyone know what crown race I should order for my 2021 TR? Swapping forks from the 36 to a DVO Onyx.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
BikingBeechy wrote:

Get silver it looks dope. I put some purple pedals I had laying around on it and it looked kinda weird. Might be cool if you’re gonna change the hubs or something though. Pics are on my profile buy sell page if u need inspiration haha

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:47 Quote
photo

Just put a piece of moto foam in the gap of chainstay bridge.
After a middy ride, I found this gap was had lots of mud stock there.
So, I cut a moto foam with same size of that gap, then use 3m double side tape at the chainsaty bridge.
The result was good and stop the mud.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
pjfisch wrote:
BikingBeechy wrote:

Get silver it looks dope. I put some purple pedals I had laying around on it and it looked kinda weird. Might be cool if you’re gonna change the hubs or something though. Pics are on my profile buy sell page if u need inspiration haha

Was thinking of hubs, Nipples, stem spacers, stem and chainring. Any other colour choices are welcome

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012001
Mobile Version of Website