Rockshox Yari vs Fox 36 Float EVOL Grip Performance

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Rockshox Yari vs Fox 36 Float EVOL Grip Performance
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 12:53 Quote
Hi there,

anyone have experience with these forks ? RS yari vs Fox float grip performance

both are basic models, i've only ridden RS pike which comes with charger damper so i cant decide which could potentionally feel better or wheter the difference is insignificant ??

thei are both equiped on the same bike, just one with the RS is cheaper

if someone could write few thoughts, if you ridden them, that would be great help, thanks

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 17:23 Quote
I don’t have any experience with the Fox 36 but I just moved from a Remedy with a Lyrik and Vorsprung to a Slash with the Yari and it’s not nearly as bad I thought it might be. Plus it’s an easy upgrade to the newest charger 2 RC2 damper.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
Arty22 wrote:
Hi there,

anyone have experience with these forks ? RS yari vs Fox float grip performance

both are basic models, i've only ridden RS pike which comes with charger damper so i cant decide which could potentionally feel better or wheter the difference is insignificant ??

thei are both equiped on the same bike, just one with the RS is cheaper

if someone could write few thoughts, if you ridden them, that would be great help, thanks

I have a 2019 Fox 36 Performance OEM fork with the basic GRIP damper. It is a good fork, but not mind blowing. I'm considering letting it go for the equivalent Yari. My understanding is that the fork is identical to the Lyric except for the Charger 2 damper. It is possible to add a GRIP2 to the Fox 36 though. I find I am fiddling a lot with the Fox 36 with the basic GRIP. It seems to have decent support in the midrange but the ability to take out trail chatter is lacking. I wouldn't call it plush. I haven't ridden a Yari. I do have a 2015 Pike with the midrange RC damper which was not a great fork until I put a Luftkappe upgrade and things improved considerably. But is is still a mid-range damper. This is the problem with bikes up until about 7,000 usd retail, they don't have the fork you want, or the rear shock.

FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
The Debonair air spring is better than anything Fox do IMO. So soft and sensitive in the early part of the travel.
I have a 2019 Yari (with charger damper upgrade) and a 2017 Fox 36 Factory and would honestly take the Yari if I had to choose between the two.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
I'm very happy with my stock Yari, it seems to have better trail chatter and small bump compliance than my previous fox performance.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
I much prefer the Grip 1 damper over the Motion Control. I've found the Fox 36 to be more supportive and has a usable LSC dial. The Motion Control damper is ok for less aggressive riding but it doesn't keep up well with repeated hits. I'd even take a Performance 36 over a Pike RC personally.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
Rode a Yari for a year... raced some Enduros on it. I was very surprised by how capable that for was. Easily upgrade-able as well (charger 2 damper, Vorsprung luftkappe, etc)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010698
Mobile Version of Website