2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
im looking for a new bike. im def not a racer, but do want to get on a 29er since i've been on a yeti sb6 for awhile.

build wise, i'd get the 2020 sworks enduro(s2 size) versus the yeti sb165 T2(size small). i know there's a price gap, that im willing to deal with.

i've never met anyone thats ridden both

anyone have any ride comparisons between the two bikes?

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 17:04 Quote
useport80 wrote:
im looking for a new bike. im def not a racer, but do want to get on a 29er since i've been on a yeti sb6 for awhile.

build wise, i'd get the 2020 sworks enduro(s2 size) versus the yeti sb165 T2(size small). i know there's a price gap, that im willing to deal with.

i've never met anyone thats ridden both

anyone have any ride comparisons between the two bikes?

I have 165 and used to have 150. now finishing buliding s4 enduro. 165 its fun bike.
I will let you know within a week

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 1:46 Quote
Hi all!
Picked up a S4 Enduro couple of weeks back. Its a sick bike! Great on anything rough, fast, loose - generally on challenging trails.

I came from large Enduro coil 2018, and thought I don’t need longer bike. It had a reach of 462mm after all. The new bike sports longer reach, slacker ht angle and longer rear center, but S4 has similar head tube length than L sized x wing enduro. But after trying out the S4 it really is good fit. I’m 180cm/ 5ft10.

Commenting some earlier posts about creaks:
I also had some small creacks, greased and cleaned main pivot, headset and seat post/ seat holders, which helped.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
Hi all,

To anyone who is having the creaking under power issue I spoke to specialized and they said “I have spoken to rider care about your creak. They advise removing and greasing the main pivot bolt on this bike as a few riders have reported this fixes the problem.”

The main pivot is the one in front of the BB. I just did this and it made all the creaking stop straight away!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
dan-clayton wrote:
Hi all,

To anyone who is having the creaking under power issue I spoke to specialized and they said “I have spoken to rider care about your creak. They advise removing and greasing the main pivot bolt on this bike as a few riders have reported this fixes the problem.”

The main pivot is the one in front of the BB. I just did this and it made all the creaking stop straight away!

Yep, seems to be the consensus, a number of us have pulled this pivot, greased and torqued, then back to quiet... very satisfying.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
Hey guys.

Ray here. I own an S5 enduro elite. Im upgrading to a new Rockshox Zeb fork. Im 6'2 and I really f#cking love this bike !!!!

Has anyone stuck a 180mm fork on your new enduros yet ???? If so, whats your thoughts ????

I know its guna change the geo up a bit but I do know it will take a 180.

Thanks
Ray

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
ramymcc22 wrote:
Hey guys.

Ray here. I own an S5 enduro elite. Im upgrading to a new Rockshox Zeb fork. Im 6'2 and I really f#cking love this bike !!!!

Has anyone stuck a 180mm fork on your new enduros yet ???? If so, whats your thoughts ????

Thanks
Ray

I put a 180mm 38 on mine. rides great, no real geo difference for me.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
Angu58 wrote:
ramymcc22 wrote:
Hey guys.

Thanks
Ray

Thanks dude.

I put a 180mm 38 on mine. rides great, no real geo difference for me.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
Hey guys! I've had many spesh bikes but after test riding the new enduro yesterday I immediately started checking my bank account. Hard to ignore the fact that it pedals significantly better than my 2020 SJ expert and is vastly more capable going down (so fun to just feel the confidence to impulsively huck stuff i've never hit before and have it feel like butterSmile )

Anyways, what i'm really asking for impute on is what size to go with. I'm just under 6'2, 175lbs and have always ridden a large. the enduro I demoed was an S3 SW and it felt a little small at first but by the end of the day I was loving how maneuverable and "popable" it felt. I know the sizing guide puts me more in S4 or even S5 territory but I would tend to want something a little less massive... is S3 crazy? how does S4 compare to L??

Also I have leads on either an Elite or S-Works both at good discounts, what would y'all say?

Thanks!!

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
aidan7dawn wrote:
Hey guys! I've had many spesh bikes but after test riding the new enduro yesterday I immediately started checking my bank account lol. Hard to ignore the fact that it pedals significantly better than my 2020 SJ expert and is vastly more capable going down (so fun to just feel the confidence to impulsively huck stuff i've never hit before and have it feel like butterSmile )

Anyways, what i'm really asking for impute on is what size to go with. I'm just under 6'2, 175lbs and have always ride a large. the enduro I demoed was an S3 SW and it felt a little small at first but by the end of the day I was loving how maneuverable and "popable" it felt. I know the guid puts me more in S4 or even S5 territory but I would tend to want something a little less massive... is S3 crazy? how does S4 compare to L??

Also I have leads on either an Elite or S-Works both at good discounts, what would y'all say?

Thanks!!

Not even a question, S4 for sure. I'm just over 6' and S4 is perfect. I also demoed an S3, liked it, and thought I could totally make it work and would enjoy the maneuverability. Then I sat on an S4 and immediately knew that was the right call. It's like 13 mm longer in reach than my last bike, but it took less than a full ride to totally mesh with it and feel at home. Especially if you're going to be pedaling it a lot, get the longer one.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
I have a few rides on my ZEB w/ 180mm travel, and am loving it so far. I have only ridden it in the bike park, but the 180 seems to be even better than the 170 for my liking. Enjoy the ZEB is sick!

ramymcc22 wrote:
Hey guys.

Thanks
Ray

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 16:33 Quote
I'm 6'3" and 200lbs, the S5 feels just big enough. I'd like the front end to be a little taller to be honest. I also swapped the rear shock for a Float X2 for some actual rebound dampening, and the post for a 210mm OneUp dropper.

I had a friend who rides a 29" RM Instinct (non-BC edition) and he swore I was riding a 650b bike because I was popping off of things and throwing the bike around. Its a super fun bike, so capable, climbs better than any bike I've owned and is just great at almost everything. Definitely recommend at least a S4 but try the S5 if you can.

aidan7dawn wrote:
Hey guys! I've had many spesh bikes but after test riding the new enduro yesterday I immediately started checking my bank account lol. Hard to ignore the fact that it pedals significantly better than my 2020 SJ expert and is vastly more capable going down (so fun to just feel the confidence to impulsively huck stuff i've never hit before and have it feel like butterSmile )

Anyways, what i'm really asking for impute on is what size to go with. I'm just under 6'2, 175lbs and have always ride a large. the enduro I demoed was an S3 SW and it felt a little small at first but by the end of the day I was loving how maneuverable and "popable" it felt. I know the guid puts me more in S4 or even S5 territory but I would tend to want something a little less massive... is S3 crazy? how does S4 compare to L??

Thanks!!

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
bemorestoked wrote:
aidan7dawn wrote:

Thanks!!

Not even a question, S4 for sure. I'm just over 6' and S4 is perfect. I also demoed an S3, liked it, and thought I could totally make it work and would enjoy the maneuverability. Then I sat on an S4 and immediately knew that was the right call. It's like 13 mm longer in reach than my last bike, but it took less than a full ride to totally mesh with it and feel at home. Especially if you're going to be pedaling it a lot, get the longer one.

Can you count chain links on your s4 ??

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 2:30 Quote
UncleSpec wrote:
Hi.
I bought new Enduro few days ago and now I need a new roof rack to carry it around on my car. For SJ I used THULE 591 but its too small for big Enduro.
Any advice what to buy.
TNX.

I had same problem with 591. I bought Thule Proride 598/Expert 298. You have to clamp between top shock mount and swat box. I have S5 size - so I had to move main arm for about 10 cm (distance X):
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012956
Mobile Version of Website