Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Gotta get TRP brakes. They're phenomenal.
i would rate the TRP dh evo slightly better than code rsc but otherwise those two are only brakes ill run.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
Which headset of cane creek fits the slash 9 carbon frame! Or fsa please send a specific Amazon or other website link

Maybe wolf tooth too

Also the items needed for removal of headset,

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 19:54 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
i would rate the TRP dh evo slightly better than code rsc but otherwise those two are only brakes ill run.

CraY how some people say the same but choosing Magura/ shinano

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
noideamtber wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

CraY how some people say the same but choosing Magura/ shinano

I quite often hear people say they want to run TRP/Sram but the cost is just too high, where as deore/slx is very cheap and performs like xt/xtr.
i managed to pickup a bunch of Code RSC brakes before the world went crazy, so still got 2-3 sets left ill have to check.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 22:32 Quote
Have you checked out the Cane Creek website? Pretty comprehensive help there, and great customer service.

FastRiding wrote:
Which headset of cane creek fits the slash 9 carbon frame! Or fsa please send a specific Amazon or other website link

Maybe wolf tooth too

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Have you checked out the Cane Creek website? Pretty comprehensive help there, and great customer service.

FastRiding wrote:

Maybe wolf tooth too

i did sir, but still dont feel confident enough to buy.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
sngltrkmnd wrote:

FastRiding wrote:

Maybe wolf tooth too

i did sir, but still dont feel confident enough to buy.

You dont have to live in the cyborg theocracy, you can call and speak to a real person.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
dresendsit wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
same experience with my ZEB, Went back to a lyrik, infact someone swapped me my zeb select + for their lyrik Ultimate.

i've seen many people "upgrade" to a zeb/38 then they end on FB groups asking for advice

I really want to try the Lyrik with B1 damper. I was not a big fan of the Zeb select+ either - but my biggest issue is I didn't feel like it offered great traction, otherwise I enjoyed it. I'm guessing the change w/ with positive/negative chamber always being equalized may have something to do with it but not sure.

The 38 is in an entirely different ballpark though, best performance SC fork you can buy - only downside is weight.

I can comment. I have a 2021 Slash 8 with Lyrik Select+. Recently changed out the C1 spring with a B1 spring as an experiment. Only 2 rides on the B1 spring so far, but I'm liking it better so far (marginally). Main difference I notice is more predictable mid-stroke support. I was running 3 tokens in the C1, and now 2 tokens in the B1 and it feels great. Not the massive difference in feel I was hoping for, but like I said it just feels more supportive in the mid-stroke. The C1 felt good, but the mid stroke seemed odd to me. B1 seems more predictable. Next experiment will be Lufkappe with the B1 seal head.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
New color up on the Trek site for the 2022 8 model. Bringing back the Miami green from the 2019 Remedy. I dig it.

Hopefully have the head tube issues sorted this time around.

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
Hope I'm not echoing previous posts here. I've just received my 2021/22 trek slash 8 and the handlebars are ludicrously wide. What bar width and stem length is everyone running? As standard they're 820mm wide with a 40mm stem. From various reviews I've read the reviewers seemed to cut the bars down and increase the stem length. Just curious what everyone on here has done? I'm 6ft 1 and have a size large for reference

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 5:46 Quote
gmackl wrote:
Hope I'm not echoing previous posts here. I've just received my 2021/22 trek slash 8 and the handlebars are ludicrously wide. What bar width and stem length is everyone running? As standard they're 820mm wide with a 40mm stem. From various reviews I've read the reviewers seemed to cut the bars down and increase the stem length. Just curious what everyone on here has done? I'm 6ft 1 and have a size large for reference
the stock stems 35mm long and then i cut the bars l done to 780mm so it matches my other bike and that’s my preferred width. I’m 6ft with very long arms

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
8tom8 wrote:
gmackl wrote:
the stock stems 35mm long and then i cut the bars l done to 780mm so it matches my other bike and that’s my preferred width. I’m 6ft with very long arms

I was thinking of going to 780mm, my old bike was that width and it felt good. The manufacturer's website says : 'Bontrager Line, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 40 mm length'.

I was just wondering if you would increase the stem length to try and maintain weight on the front wheel after you'd cut down your bars?

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
gmackl wrote:

I swapped mine out straight away for my standard burgtec 35mm stem and 780mm bar combo which I love and prefer on any bike tup

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
its-joe wrote:
gmackl wrote:

I swapped mine out straight away for my standard burgtec 35mm stem and 780mm bar combo which I love and prefer on any bike tup

Nice one, I like the sound of that combo I'm just worried because it's such a long bike I'll have trouble weighting the front end in turns. I was going to cut the bars down and maybe go to a 50mm stem but maybe that's a bad plan haha!

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
gmackl wrote:
8tom8 wrote:
gmackl wrote:

I was thinking of going to 780mm, my old bike was that width and it felt good. The manufacturer's website says : 'Bontrager Line, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 40 mm length'.

I was just wondering if you would increase the stem length to try and maintain weight on the front wheel after you'd cut down your bars?
lol I was looking at the non knock block one

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013637
Mobile Version of Website