Cush Core ...... why u hurt me so much

PB Forum :: Downhill
Cush Core ...... why u hurt me so much
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Hi, so i am new to MTB and i heard of this magical new thing called cush core. It sounded so grate. until i tried to install it. that was a pain. then to add pressure to my tire to how it blow off the wheel, not once, twice, but yes three times. im looking to use it on my 27.5 DH bike. i ride in typically dry to slightly wet dirt never deep mud. can anyone send me some likes to tires they know work with cush core that are decent. i dont care about brand or price really. u just want something to work and work well.

Thanks
Just some newbie MTBer

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 9:16 Quote
Any new tubeless ready tire should work. Go to your local bike shop and ask a couple questions, they’ll hook you up. Maxxis Minion DHF up front and Dissector in the back is a nice combo.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
I swear by shwalbe magic marys, and use c.core fine

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
BMXmedic wrote:
Hi, so i am new to MTB and i heard of this magical new thing called cush core. It sounded so grate. until i tried to install it. that was a pain. then to add pressure to my tire to how it blow off the wheel, not once, twice, but yes three times. im looking to use it on my 27.5 DH bike. i ride in typically dry to slightly wet dirt never deep mud. can anyone send me some likes to tires they know work with cush core that are decent. i dont care about brand or price really. u just want something to work and work well.

Thanks
Just some newbie MTBer

Not to sound like a dick but, are you following the cushcore installation instructions? + what tires and rims are you using now?

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 0:33 Quote
There is definitely some user error involved here. First, learn proper tire mounting technique. Make sure to push the bead ALL THE Way into the rim well. Repeat his process several times if necessary. The trick is to push the sidewalls down and to the side, then grab onto the side of the cushcore with the tire sidewall and pull both upwards. Then push the bead downwards under the CC and into the rim well.
If properly mounted, I can not see the tire going anywhere during the inflation process.
I am using Schwalbe a Magic Mary Super Gravity and they work well with CC.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 8:03 Quote
Just wait until you have to change a tire with cushcore in it.

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
I have been using Magic mary 2.6/2.35 with cush core for a while and love the setup for dh. It is more a problem with tire/rim combo though if it is blowing off the rim. I had that happen with a Minion on a Flow rim. Kept blowing off no matter what I did. Cush core is a pain the first couple times but i have done it several times now and I can get a cush core and a wire bead tire done in around 10 minutes. Only saying this to say it gets better with practice. Soapy water and zip ties help ALOT

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 21:51 Quote
I installed CC this week and am confused what is so hard?!? I’m sure a 115 lb chick would find it difficult but damn. Loki87 is dead on and I use schwalbe MM too. Pretty sure my conties Take as long to do as cushcore and schwalbe

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010768
Mobile Version of Website