Sweat solutions

Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
Howdy. I'm wondering what folks are doing to prevent sweat dripping down their face while riding.

I've seen Oakley have a helmet with a rubbery forehead seal which apparently works quite well, but i don't need a new helmet and they're 150 quid. I made my own with some rubber door seal. It works but isn't perfect.

There's also a few headbands on the market that claim to stop the sweat, Halo being one with a rubber strip inside to channel sweat away. Not tried this, and at 20 quid for a headband I'm probably not going to.

I'm interested to hear what other riders are doing.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Howdy. I'm wondering what folks are doing to prevent sweat dripping down their face while riding.

I've seen Oakley have a helmet with a rubbery forehead seal which apparently works quite well, but i don't need a new helmet and they're 150 quid. I made my own with some rubber door seal. It works but isn't perfect.

There's also a few headbands on the market that claim to stop the sweat, Halo being one with a rubber strip inside to channel sweat away. Not tried this, and at 20 quid for a headband I'm probably not going to.

I'm interested to hear what other riders are doing.

I just suffer through it, but a buddy of mine has a Halo and likes it.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 7:03 Quote
Halo headbands work really well.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
They work...for awhile. I am bald so sweat is just something I deal with. My helmet pad stores it well, and when it starts running down my face I stop and ring it out by pressing down on the pad with the helmet. I tried the Halo, helped some, but in the end, it was hot, and the sweat would still roll. Buddy wears the tennis style wrist bands to wipe sweat and keep it off his hands. Need some of those myself.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 22:46 Quote
I like to wear a cycling cap (roadie cap) under my half-shell helmets. Doesn't fit so well under a full-face helmet, though.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 2:40 Quote
I use a buff for a long time. bought it cheap at Decathlon and wear it all year. Not one drop of sweat in the eyes since then

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 5:40 Quote
Pyres wrote:
I use a buff for a long time. bought it cheap at Decathlon and wear it all year. Not one drop of sweat in the eyes since then

Buff eh? I've worn one under the helmet in the cold, not tried it in the hot.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 17:11 Quote
Halo works great for me. Stops nearly all sweat dripping. The only drops that get past are chanelled down the side of my face, not into my eyes.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
Reminds me, unknowingly washed mine the other day with some of my other stuff in my bag (a small bottle chain lube leaked in it) and the rubber band came off. So much for that. LOL

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 0:09 Quote
gmoss wrote:
the rubber band came off. So much for that. LOL

Bummer dude You mut have acid sweat Eek

I've had mine for about 6 years and it's still going strong. But I only use it about 3 months a year, one or 2 rides a week. Don't need it on night rides or cooler rides.

Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
prince andrew bandana

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 0:12 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
prince andrew bandana

Ha!

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Reminds me, unknowingly washed mine the other day with some of my other stuff in my bag (a small bottle chain lube leaked in it) and the rubber band came off. So much for that. LOL

Oil tends to dissolve glue, i assume the rubber bit is glued on. How does one wear the headband with a bike helmet then? I think it would have to go quite low on the forehead in order to be most effective, would that work with the helmet sitting in the same place?

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 2:30 Quote
fielonator wrote:
How does one wear the headband with a bike helmet then? I think it would have to go quite low on the forehead in order to be most effective, would that work with the helmet sitting in the same place?

They are very thin. Mine sits fine level with the helmet in front of the helmet pads. I just adjust my helmet slightly looser with the rear adjuster.

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
The halo did not get anything on it. It did chafe some, as mentioned, had to loosen the helmet, have it sit lower. I finally abandoned it because my helmet does a good enough job. It became more an interference than anything. Worth a try though if you are having issue.

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005751
Mobile Version of Website