Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2023 at 5:37 Quote
There should be a 4 digit calibration code on the external reservoir.

Enter that number on fox service website and it will tell you the year, level (performance or factory), adjusters, travel, number of volume spacers, and main piston shim stack.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2023 at 11:49 Quote
gosebubbe wrote:
Had my X2 rebuilt by a local authorized shop ~6mo ago and noticed recently that it started losing pressure.
Filled it to 230 last night
Today after a 2.5h fairly tame ride its down to 205.

Guess mine's going in to Fox as well Frown

My new 2024 X2 arrived today, less than 2w after shipping in my old X2.

Big kudos to Fox for making this right!

Posted: Jun 25, 2023 at 13:06 Quote
Mine went to Fox UK this week, returned with replaced bearing housing and damping circuit along with damaged bushings and a knocking when the firm lever is engaged for good measure. This is the second time it's been in for warranty (Silverfish the first time and it came back with a pogo stick tune) Less than impressed with Fox at the moment.

Posted: Jun 28, 2023 at 12:42 Quote
Sent my 2021 to Silverfish and it was replaced by a new 2024 FOC in a couple of days! Great CS!

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2023 at 20:48 Quote
I've got my '21 Factory (off a Spesh enduro) in for a fix of the squelching noise, always did it after a couple of weeks of riding after a warranty fix or general service so I had just given up on it and sat it on the shelf and ran my DHX2 instead.
Be interested to see if they send out a '24, fingers crossed.

Located in Australia, will update with any news Smile

Posted: Jul 4, 2023 at 5:33 Quote
To be fair to Fox UK, they've sorted it out and sent a 2024 shock and new hardware. Good lads. Will see how the new 2024 holds up, fingers crossed.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2023 at 9:43 Quote
I think they have it mostly sorted out in the US also.
Flavaine wrote:
To be fair to Fox UK, they've sorted it out and sent a 2024 shock and new hardware. Good lads. Will see how the new 2024 holds up, fingers crossed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 7:13 Quote
Kango wrote:
J-SFISH wrote:
waren wrote:
Thanks all, got it back together last night. Definitely smoother and less noisy in the shop, hopefully do some testing tuning tonight. I will say I am not confident I got a really good bleed. I decided to button it up to try the new compression stack, with a plan to open it up again once I have a final decision on tune.

The 2020 models have not got any issues that cannot be remedied without a service. its all shocks 2021+ that are being affected. you should be fine if you get it serviced

How do we know if ours is a 2020 or 2021+

FOX

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 13, 2023 at 18:54 Quote
My 2021 on my Rocky Mountain altitude has always felt so good for like 20 hours after service, then always starts squelching and feeling sticky. I've kinda always just ridden it and had it serviced maybe a bit more frequently. Worth sending it to Fox? (USA)

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 10:57 Quote
I would. Whats the worse they could tell you?
Jvhowube wrote:
My 2021 on my Rocky Mountain altitude has always felt so good for like 20 hours after service, then always starts squelching and feeling sticky. I've kinda always just ridden it and had it serviced maybe a bit more frequently. Worth sending it to Fox? (USA)

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 20:52 Quote
I paid a couple hundred bucks to get mine rebuilt because the LBS said that was the only option. Sounds like it’s suffering from cavitation again. Fox actually responded to a thread about the X2 in a forum and told me they are swapping problematic shocks out with MY24 versions. They said to go here if I continue to have issues: ridefox.com/rarequest

Posted: Jul 17, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
I sent them an e-mail to confirm if they reaplcing/exchanging parts, and specified its an X2 peformance, the response was

"If you are the original owners and can supply proof of purchase and you feel that there is a performance related issue with your shocks then you can fill out a Service Request form and select the 'warranty evaluation' option.
With X2's (MY21-23), we will update the internals to MY24 spec or, (where this is not possible), we may opt to replace the shock. Please note that wear and tear is not a warranty issue and parts needed due to lack of servicing or wear and tear are still chargeable."

I've sent my shock in the mail today and will update whenever I get some news.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2023 at 13:34 Quote
Awesome. Keep us posted.

Posted: Jul 17, 2023 at 20:10 Quote
Just got mine back from Fox Canada. Sent in 2021 X2 PE, replaced with factory. Little to no wait time, really impressed with them.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 10:29 Quote
Are people sending in shocks with no issues and getting back new ones?

I have a 22 with no issues yet but only put on 500 miles so far.

Also what’s the process, I can’t find any recall info on fox

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031537
Mobile Version of Website