Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: Oct 12, 2014 at 11:59 Quote
I miss my enduro, the bike that changed my riding for good!

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 13:12 Quote
nice 26 inch Bikes there Big Grin
here´s my 2013 enduro:

ex: 2005 Enduro Expert

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 13:17 Quote
right gents anyone for a discussion on stems?

I have a 2010 enduro with fox 36 van 160mm up front, I run 10-15mm of stem stackers depending on the stem.

Until recently I had been running a Hope AM 25degreee x 50mm, I got a renthal 10 degree x 50mm cheap and have put it on, i notice straight away it's harder t ull the front end up, not difficult, but not as easy, i've not had a chance to ride it properly yet, but i expect this will translate into better front wheel traction in corners, am I correct in this assumption?

I found occasionally i was having to 'lean' over teh front end to keep it in place, so the renthal may well do....

I also had my eye on the hope AM 0 degree x 35mm, would it offer the good front wheel traction but make the front end a bit lighter than a 50mm stem? obviously with the increased steerage too....

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 12:56 Quote
i really love seeing all the old enduros. Shouldve never sold mine.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:36 Quote
SwayyD43 wrote:

Just saw your profile. You had a green 07 elite, definitely shouldn't have sold it! Same one I have and I'm never getting rid of her!

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 7:45 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
SwayyD43 wrote:

Just saw your profile. You had a green 07 elite, definitely shouldn't have sold it! Same one I have and I'm never getting rid of her!

young and dumb. A mistake I won't make twice! Let me defend my decision a bit though, Im not a complete communist...

I got the bike shipped from a guy in new york, and immediatley had to rebuild the rear shock (unexpected). So after waiting two weeks for it to ship, I waited another three getting her right. THEN the very night I got my shock back, I rode it up the block, just to get on it. Decided to grab a bite, and went to taco bell. Walked in, got my food walked out, and some 15 year old kid was taking off on it.

I hunted for weeks............ Found it finally, and my clips had been spray painted, stanchions had been demolished, left in the rain clearly. When I got it back i was sick. thats when i sold it

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 12:26 Quote
Evening! I was just curious if people could give me some sensible valuation prices for my 2008 Specialized Enduro Expert please, it has been heavily upgraded over the years to something I believe personally is better than the original, but each to their own I know so please be gentle with any criticism lol!

It started out as a Silver 2008 Specialized Enduro Expert FSR but in 2011 I had it re-sprayed matte Black 'n' Gold then changed to Fox forx and rear shock.

Here is my spec sheet:

2011 Matte Black respray with Gold decals:

Fox 36 Van RC2 160mm Fork (Just serviced at TF Tuned).
Fox RP2 Rear Shock.
Mavic EN321 Disc Rims with Black Spokes & Gold Nipples.
Maxxis High Roller 2.5 Front & 2.35 Back Tyres.
Hope Pro 2 Front Hub Black 20mm.
Hope Pro 2 Evo Rear Hub Black with a 12mm to 10mm stepdown axle.
Hope Gold QR Skewer 135mm.
Hope Head Doctor Gold headset 1 1/8.
Truvative Hussefelt Handlebar Stem 31.8mm Black.
Specialized Demo 8 760mm Downhill Handlebars Black.
Avid Juicy Ultimate 7 Hydraulic Disc Brakes (Standard).
Superstar Kevlar Pads Front and Back.
Sram X9 Shifters & X0 Rear Derailleur (Standard).
Hope Gold QR Seat Clamp.
Shimano XT M762 Crankarms (Standard).
Blackspire Gold 22/36t Chainrings.
Straitline 12 Sided 36t Bronze Bashguard.
Blackspire Gold Chainguide.
Superstar Nano Tech Gold Pedals.
Token Black Grips with Gold Clamps.
Mucky Nutz Bender Fender 2.1 Front Black.
Crank Brothers Joplin 4R Seatpost Black & Gold.
WTB Rocket V Test Ride Saddle Black & Yellow.
Lizard Skins Neoprene Black Seatpost Seal Protector.
Specialized FSR Chain Protector.
Shimano XT 9 Speed 11-34 Cassette.
SRAM PC-991 Chain.
Shimano Saint BB80 Gold Bottom Bracket.
Hope Saw Rotors Front 203mm Rear 180mm Gold.

Specialized Enduro Black n Yellow - September 2014
This is about a month after I put the bike back together in 2011.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 17:45 Quote
I'm not sure on a price as it all depends on what people are doing with their money and I haven't sold a bike in a while. But I will say that your paint job turned out very nice! Personally I always post high and then lower the price if no one asks about it but it all comes down to how much you will let the bike go for.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 14:03 Quote
I guess it's a matter of how much it is worth to me and is it worth selling just to get a new bike.

My mate has a 2013 Trek Remedy 9 29er which is lovely, I had a go on one of our local trails this Sunday and fell in luv with it, he said he couldn't keep up with me whilst he was on mine which surprised me, I was only trying 80-90% because I didn't want to deck it!

I've not told the misses I'm looking to upgrade yet so that might be the spanner in the works lol!

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 19:02 Quote
My Enduro 29 Comp with Pike RCT3, Cane Creek Double Barrel Air, wolf tooth goodies, Renthal stem, Enve Bars, Zee Brakes with 203 ice tech rotors

photo

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 19:32 Quote
dmag310 wrote:
My Enduro 29 Comp with Pike RCT3, Cane Creek Double Barrel Air, wolf tooth goodies, Renthal stem, Enve Bars, Zee Brakes with 203 ice tech rotors

photo

I thought the renthal stem was literally the only stem you are not supposed to run with ENVE bars.

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
VTwintips wrote:
dmag310 wrote:

photo

I thought the renthal stem was literally the only stem you are not supposed to run with ENVE bars.

Nope that only applies to the integra stem, not the Duo.

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 19:53 Quote
Need better pics but my new to me 2012 Enduro Evo waiting on an axle conversion kit and new headset before I can ride it.
My new to me 2012 endure evo. Had to order a rear axle conversion, new headset then she will be read to go. Cant wait!!

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 15:34 Quote
I am thinking of putting a 170mm Rockshox lyrik because i cant find a 160mm suspension. 170mm of suspension will not effecting the geometry of the bike?

I have been searching on the web, and the only settings I found is 150 / 160mm suspension on same bike, nothing above 160mm.

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
What bike? Can't find a 160mm fork. More options in 160 than 170.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021645
Mobile Version of Website