Your Spray Painted Stuff?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Your Spray Painted Stuff?
Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 14:11 Quote
Painted my stem thermochrome black. This is the video, as I cannot do it otherwise on my phone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcafp0ghGI3/?taken-by=airusalimov

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
Gave my Slash some fresh paint!
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
A few things I've painted over the last few years

Blue marbled candy helmet

Purple marbled candy and metallic grey with green pearl helmet

blue and red marbled candy

Galaxy PS4 controller

photo

photo

Also waiting for something cool to try this on

GLOW IN THE DARK PIGMENT

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
That POC lid is incredible!

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
Luxlabonte wrote:
Gave my Slash some fresh paint!
photo
photo
photo
Nice it's more like art than commercial graffix but it is not so flashy that you wouldn't want to get it dirty.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
Any body know some good guides for getting into painting and all that? or just general tips

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
sack-javage wrote:
Any body know some good guides for getting into painting and all that? or just general tips
Spray paint tips? Warm your cans in warm to hot water for ten minutes before painting and no point and shoot,Start your spray before moving over object being painted, thats all I know besides thorough prep and cleaning before painting. Oh yeah if you paint a coat of white before your color it will make color pop more.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
Also, to add what slaker said, if your painting in your garage for example, make sure the air temperature is around 73 degrees F..Having the paint and air temp warm allow the paint to flow better. Start with a couple of light coats, sand any imperfections with 320 wet, and sand Lightly, then apply a heavier coat, so there is complete coverage, again sand any imperfections, i.e. runs, fish eyes, ect, If you plan on adding a clear coat, Lightly wet sand with 600 wet. Take your time, and apply smooth even coats. If you get and imperfections on the clear coat, you can lightly sand with 800 wet, then allow the clear to completely cure, then you can buff it out if you wish.

I use to paint custom cars and bikes, I painted all my roadrace motorcycles with krylon. There's a couple of examples in my profile.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
https://us.ppgrefinish.com/getmedia/39af4f75-38e1-4053-8b68-a702c18381c0/guide_CustomRestoration_SOP.pdf

PPG does a very good job at an online manual to give the basics and a quality list of products to use. Give that a read through if you want to do it up right.

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
Current version of the Player
photo
Polished the front of the frame, as well as the brake, then put some orange permanent marker on the brake lever, which I then cleared over for a candy finish. Pedals used to be fluo pink and then I decided to space them out a bit. They now have a perfect, glossy finish. The stem used to change colors, black when its cold and then turned transparent, or orange, when it got warm outside. The orange went better with the rims, though.
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 20:24 Quote
I got jipped and got the 15 trek slash and not the 2016 slash with the super cool purple frame. I thought i could add some spunk to my frame by coloring the teal letters and graphics purple. Anybody have any xp doing something like this? I was thinking about a purple industrial sharpi or paint pen and clear taping over the top. Or no clear tape and let the ink wear away over time, that might look kind of cool.

Anyways, would love to here some experience and what products would be good. Thanks!!
Mine
Trek slash 2015
The cool one!
2016 Trek Slash 7

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 0:08 Quote
Big-J wrote:
I got jipped and got the 15 trek slash and not the 2016 slash with the super cool purple frame. I thought i could add some spunk to my frame by coloring the teal letters and graphics purple. Anybody have any xp doing something like this? I was thinking about a purple industrial sharpi or paint pen and clear taping over the top. Or no clear tape and let the ink wear away over time, that might look kind of cool.

Anyways, would love to here some experience and what products would be good. Thanks!!
Mine
Trek slash 2015
The cool one!
2016 Trek Slash 7

Imo blue looks cooler.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 2:29 Quote
Big-J wrote:

Mine

You could also gold leaf the TREK, I think it'll look fawncy, then just add a black accent to the letters and you've got yourself a winner!

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 19:31 Quote
Big-J wrote:

Mine
Trek slash 2015
The cool one!
2016 Trek Slash 7
Yeah, I think the blue one looks better anyway's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028437
Mobile Version of Website