The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 4:56 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
I'm going a lot later this year 21st august to 2nd September, what are the trails like? are they beat up? how big are the braking bumps etc? which areas are better?

Great, yes, big, depends on personal preference.

I tend to piece together lil bits of trails that I prefer.

Some trails are maintained better than others and you maybe lucky enough to ride day after bumps removed Smile ...the Serma gang appear to do a lot of work on Zore/SuperM, Pleney had a locals going over recently..generally its naturally rough instead of braking bumps.

Id avoid the real obvious stuff...Chavannes mainline red is perfect example of endless bumps that are always there..I rarely do the second half...I skip to another trail or go down Canyon.

I like Solyent Green or Stand High patrol down other side of SuperMorzine, the green down Les Gets has new jumps/bumps/berms, Top Blue/bottom black down Pleney.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 5:37 Quote
andydd wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
I'm going a lot later this year 21st august to 2nd September, what are the trails like? are they beat up? how big are the braking bumps etc? which areas are better?

Some trails are maintained better than others and you maybe lucky enough to ride day after bumps removed Smile ...the Serma gang appear to do a lot of work on Zore/SuperM, Pleney had a locals going over recently..generally its naturally rough instead of braking bumps.

Id avoid the real obvious stuff...Chavannes mainline red is perfect example of endless bumps that are always there..I rarely do the second half...I skip to another trail or go down Canyon.

I like Solyent Green or Stand High patrol down other side of SuperMorzine, the green down Les Gets has new jumps/bumps/berms, Top Blue/bottom black down Pleney.
cheers Andydd, I don't do much around Chavannes anyway, stand high and soylent were 2 of my favourites last year, I guess I will just have to ride them all and then decide!!

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
andydd wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

cheers Andydd, I don't do much around Chavannes anyway, stand high and soylent were 2 of my favourites last year, I guess I will just have to ride them all and then decide!!

SG has got more jumps/tabletops built this year too Smile

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 6:40 Quote
andydd wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
andydd wrote:

SG has got more jumps/tabletops built this year too Smile
that's cool, taking it easy this year as just broke my collarbone.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 7:51 Quote
whats the best bars in morzine after 7pm, ive been 3 years now and its fairly quiet around central morzine or am i missing something Rolleyes

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
marcusd09 wrote:
whats the best bars in morzine after 7pm, ive been 3 years now and its fairly quiet around central morzine or am i missing something Rolleyes
out too early just, the young lads
with us last year didn't go out till after 11 and rolled back in at 4am..

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 13:31 Quote
andydd wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
I’m there Saturday eve for a week if anyone’s up for a ride or a beer !

I was out for Crankworx..back in uk for a week but out again next Monday for the summer.so Ill be up for it Smile
Cool , we’ve only been once last year and missed loads so be good to meet up !

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 16:10 Quote
Where's the best natural sort of riding in the area? I like the bike park stuff but don't mind something technical either.

Making sure I do a bit of exploring away from all the normal stuff this time! 2 weeks and counting...

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 3:25 Quote
marcusd09 wrote:

Can be quiet at times as Morzine is a small place and only the big events that bring in huge numbers.

Plenty do happy hours to catch the apres bike crowd..5-7ish....my fave is Haka bar, Cottage used to be the most popular (various pros/teams there) but thats now gone, Aubergade is taking over as replacement ?, - worth going on Tuesday for bring your own meat BBQs, Sherpa bar also does BBQs Weds & sat and is one of my fave..but its small friendly place.

Rogers is a riding institution...and is the place to be after unofficial events down Pleney or the SuperM whip off.

Chaud and Hideout Hostel do some late(r) night music events...worth going to Dixie for Dixie Micks when they play Smile

Opera is the late night club..best description I saw is "its full of underage french schoolgirls", Cavern can bit hit n miss, Crepu & Bec have a more local later night crowd.

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 3:32 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
Where's the best natural sort of riding in the area? I like the bike park stuff but don't mind something technical either.

Making sure I do a bit of exploring away from all the normal stuff this time! 2 weeks and counting...

There is loads if you want to get away from the bike parks, have you followed the Passporte route ?, that is a basic loop of all the areas.....I like a trip from SuperM > Lindarets > Mossettes > French side trails down back to Lindaret.

There is a PDS app for Android & Apple thats a bit messy but does have a map feature so you can see other trails.

One of my friends was aiming to do this one > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiowCVNey7Q&feature=youtu.be

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 4:43 Quote
andydd wrote:
marcusd09 wrote:

Can be quiet at times as Morzine is a small place and only the big events that bring in huge numbers.

Plenty do happy hours to catch the apres bike crowd..5-7ish....my fave is Haka bar, Cottage used to be the most popular (various pros/teams there) but thats now gone, Aubergade is taking over as replacement ?, - worth going on Tuesday for bring your own meat BBQs, Sherpa bar also does BBQs Weds & sat and is one of my fave..but its small friendly place.

Rogers is a riding institution...and is the place to be after unofficial events down Pleney or the SuperM whip off.

Chaud and Hideout Hostel do some late(r) night music events...worth going to Dixie for Dixie Micks when they play Smile

Opera is the late night club..best description I saw is "its full of underage french schoolgirls", Cavern can bit hit n miss, Crepu & Bec have a more local later night crowd.

Nice one pal, after a full day riding im done by about 12 haha , we always do haka bar happy hour

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 7:43 Quote
marcusd09 wrote:
andydd wrote:
marcusd09 wrote:

Nice one pal, after a full day riding im done by about 12 haha , we always do haka bar happy hour

Yeah me too...Mr bat fastard must be a party animal Smile anyway..ive got rented room for the summer above a bar (coup de cour) so that enough.

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 7:52 Quote
Just done a lap of pleney red. I'm not sure which is more beaten up, me or the trail..

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Just done a lap of pleney red. I'm not sure which is more beaten up, me or the trail..

But Pleney is always rough.......it generally isnt the real annoying braking bump roughness you get on Chavannes red mainline` for example....Im back Monday so look forward to it...........Morzine really does make you pay attention to anything to smooth out your ride, suspension, tyre psi, soft grips, etc

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 10:02 Quote
Advice for first timers regarding which runs to start with? We’re all quite new to mtb (around 1 year) but fairly comfortable in the air on doubles and drops and manage all the reds at Bike park wales and Forest of Dean easily but having never been before don’t wanna push too hard for the first few days!

Heading over for a week on the 14th, the excitement is too much

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022212
Mobile Version of Website