Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 12:41 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Oh, you said OD, not ID. My bad. All bets are off on that one cos Push springs flare out in the middle to god knows what size. I'll measure the ID and OD at work.

Thanks mate that would help massively. Basically when you compress the shock like you say the spring flares and because it's barrel shaped it's rubbing on the inside of my shock tunnel.

So I'm looking for a spring that i can use on my push to use on it.

I'm hoping the springdex will fit because that will help with springrate and fitment fingers crossed.

Annoyingly the sprindex seems to have disappeared from my desk. Measured the Push coil fwiw.
ID at narrowest point - 35mm
OD at widest point - 58mm ish

Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 12:50 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
wellbastardfast wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Oh, you said OD, not ID. My bad. All bets are off on that one cos Push springs flare out in the middle to god knows what size. I'll measure the ID and OD at work.

Thanks mate that would help massively. Basically when you compress the shock like you say the spring flares and because it's barrel shaped it's rubbing on the inside of my shock tunnel.

I'm hoping the springdex will fit because that will help with springrate and fitment fingers crossed.

Annoyingly the sprindex seems to have disappeared from my desk. Measured the Push coil fwiw.

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Gab for keeping this forum going. We don't deserve you but we are grateful you are here.

Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 12:55 Quote
[Quote="freestyIAM"]
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
wellbastardfast wrote:

OD at widest point - 58mm ish[/Qu

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Gab for keeping this forum going. We don't deserve you but we are grateful you are here.

+1 on that.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 13:04 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
wellbastardfast wrote:
gabriel-mission9 wrote:

Thanks mate it's greatly appreciated.

Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 15:09 Quote
Cheers guys. That actually brightened my day

Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 13:20 Quote
Anyone here have any input on fox vs ohlins coil shocks.
I’m looking at get a new frame and I have the option of either a ttx22m.2 or a dhx2
The adjustability of the fox appeals to me and I have had good luck with x2’s in the past feeling spot on but I wonder about the quality of the newer stuff.
The ohlins is less adjustable but seem more robust?

Either one have any design flaws or pluses from an engineering point of view?

Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 16:53 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Anyone here have any input on fox vs ohlins coil shocks.
I’m looking at get a new frame and I have the option of either a ttx22m.2 or a dhx2
The adjustability of the fox appeals to me and I have had good luck with x2’s in the past feeling spot on but I wonder about the quality of the newer stuff.
The ohlins is less adjustable but seem more robust?

Either one have any design flaws or pluses from an engineering point of view?
Are they the same price?

I'd probably go Ohlins although my real first choice would be one of the new Super Deluxe's with the HBO.

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 3:20 Quote
Yep same price.
I don’t feel the need for hbo iif the frame is progressive enough (which I think it is)
It was more of a question of build quality and engineering design.
I’d love an ext like I’ve currently got but I don’t think it’s worth the £500 extra

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 14:17 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Yep same price.
I don’t feel the need for hbo iif the frame is progressive enough (which I think it is)
It was more of a question of build quality and engineering design.
I’d love an ext like I’ve currently got but I don’t think it’s worth the £500 extra

The ohlins coil shock is hands down the best shock on the market. Their forks are great, but have their issues like any other, the ttx coil shock however is just plain fantastic. Best performer available once youve got the shims right for you, and absolutely bombproof from then on. I know I soud like a fanboy, and thats cos I am. I spent years tuning and rebuilding all brands of suspension, and out of all of them Fox float CTD's and Ohlins TTX coils are just both utterly utterly reliable. Everything else is just a constant headache from a service techs point of view. Back that up with the fact that the ohlins outperforms everything else, and thats why I will 100% stand by my statement that they are the best shock out there.

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 14:19 Quote
And as a side note, when comparing the ttxm to the ttxm2, other than the improved bottom out bumper on the m2, all the other updates are purely cosmetic. I prefer the older ttxm

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 14:23 Quote
Brilliant, this is exactly the sort of response I was after. You confirmed my suspicions
Cheers

Posted: Feb 8, 2024 at 14:27 Quote
Hey pinkbikers!

I'm a software developer from Bulgaria with big passion for bikes. Over the years I had the idea of creating a platform for saving bike suspension settings and it finally it came to life. Its called ForkIt- https://www.forkitapp.com/ or on instagram- https://www.instagram.com/forkit_app/ Its still very new and there maybe some needed tweaks here and there.
I have few blog post's there explaining how I decided to do it and how I approached the idea.

Anyway I will happy to hear a feedback from y'all! Ride on!

Posted: Mar 19, 2024 at 7:52 Quote
My 2020 Rockshox Yari refuses to fully bottom out and feels out of touch with my rear shock, red on bike radar that i should remove the preinstalled tokens. Any tips would be appreciated. Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2024 at 9:25 Quote
Southeast-Shredder wrote:
My 2020 Rockshox Yari refuses to fully bottom out and feels out of touch with my rear shock, red on bike radar that i should remove the preinstalled tokens. Any tips would be appreciated. Smile

Let the air out entirely, back off the top cap, remove the tokens and reinstall then reinflate. 5 minute job!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013672
Mobile Version of Website