What brakes are people running?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What brakes are people running?
Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 14:32 Quote
Saints With 223s On The CF Demo8

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 13:44 Quote
Can anyone share their expirience with Hayes Dominion A4s?

I prefer the modulation feel of sram over shimano. my codes run great on my trail bike but I noticed a bit of fading and inconsistancy on the pair on my dh bike. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 14:29 Quote
I just had the same frustration with my Codes.

I ended up with Hope Tech 4 V4s after two rides on Maguras.

Posted: Feb 3, 2024 at 15:35 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I just had the same frustration with my Codes.

I ended up with Hope Tech 4 V4s after two rides on Maguras.
I Run 2.5 WT Maxima Suspension Oil NICE And TIGHT Excellent Lever Feel . I Found mineral oil too Fluffy and Inconsistent I went through 2 sets of pads basically at Whistler in Sept. and Had No Braking Issues with the Warden was Hitting 70kmh Probably have 3500km on that Tune and will continue to Run it

Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 6:03 Quote
dustyquail wrote:

I prefer the modulation feel of sram over shimano. my codes run great on my trail bike but I noticed a bit of fading and inconsistancy on the pair on my dh bike. Thanks in advance!

For the price they are not too bad. Easy enough to bleed and consistent under braking. Light lever feel and easy to modulate with good amount of power, lever shape is something between shimano and sram but chinkier (thicker blade). Parts availability should also be okay since you are from America, in Europe it is so so. Stock metal pads are fine, a bit noisy, organics are much quieter but wear down much quicker. The only thing is that they have a bit of a long stroke until they bite, there is a way to fix that but i would have liked to have the option to set that tool free and without disassembly from the get go but eh, it is what it is.

Hope that helps

Posted: Feb 8, 2024 at 4:29 Quote
dustyquail wrote:

Really happy with mine!
Swapped from Saints, modulation is much better on these. They’re really consistent, relatively easy to bleed, and the metallic pads bite well. Only downsides are pad squeal in the wet, really.

I don’t agree with the long stroke though - however I am running mine with 2.3mm TRP rotors so that might account for it.

Posted: Feb 8, 2024 at 8:17 Quote
dustyquail wrote:

Up there with the best you can get. excellent modulation and power. Lever feel is luxury, makes other levers feel janky after using.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2024 at 9:07 Quote
Also on Dominions for a few months now. Zees prior to that which were pretty faultless with no wandering bite point. They were my favorite brakes to date, I just wanted to try something new. Anyways, Dominions are hella powerful and modulate better than my Zees if that's important to you. I'm very happy with either.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 11:56 Quote
Anyone run a set of Mavens yet? I’m fighting with a wandering bite point and am curious if it’s a widespread issue. A few of the reviews mentioned it.

They’re fantastic on trail, but the inconsistency is infuriating.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 14:21 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Anyone run a set of Mavens yet? I’m fighting with a wandering bite point and am curious if it’s a widespread issue. A few of the reviews mentioned it.

hayes dominion a4 or trp evo dh. I loved my code rsc, but are meh compared to dominion or evo dh.

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 15:02 Quote
y9pema wrote:
Nobble wrote:

hayes dominion a4 or trp evo dh. I loved my code rsc, but are meh compared to dominion or evo dh.

From my site I prefer Hayes dominion… I’m surprised of power and quality! Of of course TRP is still good but I have problem with quality of finish them! With SRAM RSC I have bad experience - on the other side you have new Marven but they need put more power in brake lever

Posted: Mar 24, 2024 at 15:47 Quote
TRP’s like my life depends on them…

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013268
Mobile Version of Website