Go Pro Camera

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Go Pro Camera
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 6:54 Quote
Picked up a Go Pro camera and mounting hardware for the bike about a week ago. it was nice out this weekend so i hooked it up to test it out. I think the video looks good but the sound quality isnt good at all. you can hear every gear change and every little bump echoing through the bike. I just rode down the driveway to test it. Who has one of these and what kind of settings have you changed to get a good sounding video? i had the mic set to lo and had the rubber seal out. i Also did a short run with the seal in. it didnt make a difference in sound quality, i actually couldnt tell the difference.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
I have a GoPro Helmet Hero 3, and I have the same "problem" (although it's not really...any other camera sealed in a 100' waterproof case will do the same thing), but I would highly reccommend upping the quality to "Hi". Biking is not what they call a high vibration environment, so use what's available and go high quality. +, your batteries will probably run out before your memory anyway. I use a 2GB card, and it lasts about 1 hour. Unless you use lithium batteries (2.5 hours), your alkaline batteries will last about 10 minutes. Huge difference.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 8:52 Quote
How did you mount your GoPro to the bike? Did you get the GoPro Ride mount kit? I can't figure out how to mount mine to different places on the bike without sticking the mounts on the frame or using scotch tape.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
To mount it onto your bike you probably need a tube mount (available on the GoPro website for ~$20).

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 6:36 Quote
this was mounted to my handle bars. i have the ride hero mounts and roll bar mounts so i can video this summer at the track. i ended up using 3 mounts to get this position.

im tryin to get them to sell me a helmet strap only. i really want to use that but they wont do it without buyin the whole kit including camera. or i have to buy the whole mount kit which is $60-$70 online. i didnt really want to spend that much more on this thing. but i guess if that what i have to do ill do it.

BTW mine is a motorsports hero wide, 5mp camera

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
i have a go pro and when i start the video it automatically ends in like 30 seconds, im not using lithium batteries, that might be the problem... what should i get...lithium batteries, or lithium batteries and an sd card???

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 22:49 Quote
what is the mount that mounts it looking at ur face?

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 19:03 Quote
BadBrass95 wrote:
i have a go pro and when i start the video it automatically ends in like 30 seconds, im not using lithium batteries, that might be the problem... what should i get...lithium batteries, or lithium batteries and an sd card???

You need a 2 GB Memory Card. The camera alone dosen't have much memory space.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 at 10:58 Quote
Views: 3,589    Faves: 14    Comments: 16

Filmed usin the HERO GoPro(Wide).Batteries drain out fast!
Card: 2GB
Mounts: All the available 1s

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 at 15:00 Quote
im planning on ordering a GoPro HD off of pinkbike sometime soon but i cannot figiure out what the difference is between canadian version and US version. the US verion is 309$ and the canadian is 369$. and thoses are both in canadian dollars. anyone know thi difference?

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
bikahowlick wrote:
im planning on ordering a GoPro HD off of pinkbike sometime soon but i cannot figiure out what the difference is between canadian version and US version. the US verion is 309$ and the canadian is 369$. and thoses are both in canadian dollars. anyone know thi difference?

Customs charges? i dont know. I got one today Big Grin its super sick and recomended for sure.

This was all filmed off the redular Go-Pro wide. Fav and comment Smile

Views: 7,338    Faves: 130    Comments: 72

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
I just got my go-pro HD, with a chest mount. I havn't even used it yet. I'm already looking into modding the chest mount to double as a harness for my A-stars Boinic neck support. Has anyone seen this or done it themselves? It looks like it will be simple to do. I'll post a pic and videos when complete, unless someone has done it and reccomends not to.

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 15:19 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
I just got my go-pro HD, with a chest mount. I havn't even used it yet. I'm already looking into modding the chest mount to double as a harness for my A-stars Boinic neck support. Has anyone seen this or done it themselves? It looks like it will be simple to do. I'll post a pic and videos when complete, unless someone has done it and reccomends not to.
i`ve just got my gopro hd cam today and have done exactly the same for my Alpinestars neckbrace. works a treat. and you cant find the a-strap in the uk for toffee. bonusSmile

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 15:23 Quote
Views: 657    Faves: 4    Comments: 20

This is a video i made showing the 60fps footage.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 15:13 Quote
bikahowlick wrote:

Pretty sure you have to pay the customs charges for the US version - I've bought a few things from the states around this price and decided it's just not worth the hassle. You might end up saving $10 by the time you get it through customs. I bought mine from a Canadian company and it arrived a few days later, no hassles. I bought the GoPro HD Surf Hero with a grab bag of mounts - it worked out cheaper and the only thing I didn't get was the vented helmet mount which I didn't need anyway coz I always wear a full face helmet (oh, and the headstrap mount which you couldn't pay me to wear Big Grin ).

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016848
Mobile Version of Website