show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
Just put a Boxxer on the Nomad. 200 mm up front and 190 mm at the rear with the link! A mini DH bike that still pedals like the stock Nomad. With CushCore front and rear this weighs in at 34.6 lbs. It has a handful of custom bits on it such as the stem, seat clamp, derailleur pulleys, and DHX2 ball bearing eyelet.

The Cascade Components Nomad LT build

Nomad LT link on the bike

One-off direct mount stem
how do you figure a 230*65mm shock will play with this setup? I believe stock is 230*60, the extra 5mm might get you to a full 200/200

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 4:16 Quote
That does seem to be definition of badass.

Reminds me of youtuber Harry Mains with 40’s on lowered to 180mm

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
My large 2018 bronson alloy. Looking mint with its new ODI longneck single clamp grips, 160mm Fox 36 fork, and fresh rear xm421 rim + cushcore XC!!! Just need to lace up a matching front rim and I think I'll be happy.... Probably not.

photo

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
how do you figure a 230*65mm shock will play with this setup? I believe stock is 230*60, the extra 5mm might get you to a full 200/200

Our link is designed to get 190 mm of travel with the 230 x 65 shock. The stock 230 x 60 shock would be 177 mm of travel. It's more progressive than the stock link as well.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
spaceofades wrote:

Our link is designed to get 190 mm of travel with the 230 x 65 shock. The stock 230 x 60 shock would be 177 mm of travel. It's more progressive than the stock link as well.

do you make one for the megatower frame?

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
sosburn wrote:

We're testing hopefully the last prototype now! 166 mm travel with the stock shock, 170 with a 230 x 60, and 180 with a 230 x 65. The 180 set up is proving to be really awesome. Pedaling is unaffected just like with the Nomad link and a lot of the suspension related cons that reviewers have come across are addressed.

There'll also be a Bronson one out around the end of this month. Performance with a coil is vastly improved for the Bronson and you don't have to cram air shocks full of volume reducers due to 12% more progression. Oh and it increases clearance around the shock so that fitting larger diameter coils isn't as tricky anymore.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
sosburn wrote:

We're testing hopefully the last prototype now! 166 mm travel with the stock shock, 170 with a 230 x 60, and 180 with a 230 x 65. The 180 set up is proving to be really awesome. Pedaling is unaffected just like with the Nomad link and a lot of the suspension related cons that reviewers have come across are addressed.

There'll also be a Bronson one out around the end of this month. Performance with a coil is vastly improved for the Bronson and you don't have to cram air shocks full of volume reducers due to 12% more progression. Oh and it increases clearance around the shock so that fitting larger diameter coils isn't as tricky anymore.

nice that would be cool to run a longer air shock and maybe not have it be so harsh vs a coil

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Will there be a travel increase possible for the bronson and will your link make it possible to run a float x2?

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 1:30 Quote
Dhkook wrote:
CascadeComponents wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Will there be a travel increase possible for the bronson and will your link make it possible to run a float x2?

The float x2 fitting is due to the room in the tunnel right, I do not see a link solving this

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
Dhkook wrote:

The Bronson link will increase travel to 157 mm. This was done to balance the front and rear travel better and it also adds much needed progression. One other thing we addressed, as you were asking, is shock clearance. Our link increases clearance to the top of the shock tunnel, which is where people run into fitment problems. So yes, a Float X2 will fit as well as other larger diameter shocks that otherwise don't.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
Dhkook wrote:

The Bronson link will increase travel to 157 mm. This was done to balance the front and rear travel better and it also adds much needed progression. One other thing we addressed, as you were asking, is shock clearance. Our link increases clearance to the top of the shock tunnel, which is where people run into fitment problems. So yes, a Float X2 will fit as well as other larger diameter shocks that otherwise don't.
Future customer here. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here. Had a dhx2 on my nomad 3 and really missing that coil feel on my new Bronson. Will the dhx2 or the ccdb coil fit? Also will the progression increase be enough to support the mid and end stroke on a coil shock or should I still consider a progressive spring? Thanks again.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
Future customer here. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here. Had a dhx2 on my nomad 3 and really missing that coil feel on my new Bronson. Will the dhx2 or the ccdb coil fit? Also will the progression increase be enough to support the mid and end stroke on a coil shock or should I still consider a progressive spring? Thanks again.

Both the DHX2 and the CCDB coil will fit! I've been really liking my DHX2. Lately I've been running a Super Deluxe coil to compare and am quite surprised with how good it feels actually. The progression increase is enough to support mid and end stroke with a standard coil. We've been doing all our testing with standard springs. Another PB user just did a write-up on a prototype Bronson link that he's on here https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=213909 if you want to see someone else's take on it. The production link will have the same performance characteristics, but shock clearance will be much improved. As you'll be able to see in his photos it's a very tight fit with the prototype link. Ohlins is one of the narrower coil shocks and we wanted it to be able to work with all models.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
Can anyone confirm, that putting a dual crown on a nomad v4 will actually void frame warranty?? Ive heard that it will, but am yet to see 100% a definitive answer.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
If you want the correct answer, call or email Santa Cruz.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
Assuming you're talking about the Nomad in your photo album, Doesn't re-painting it, and anodizing the linkage already void warranty? may as well yolo at this point bro.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015871
Mobile Version of Website