YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:28 Quote
planetxboy wrote:
Hmmm dosent sound good, I've got two months in whistler coming up and need stuff to be reliable. I thought the UK had jungle as the bos service centre?

I stand corrected there may be hope....

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 6:52 Quote
griz23 wrote:
demostug wrote:
stueyk wrote:

Got mine Thursday also, however by friday morning the joy had gone! BOS void leaking from air can and leaking from piggyback IFP.

Now i have to stare at the bike while i send the shock back to yt, yt send it to BOS, BOS twiddle their thumbs then send it back to yt and yt send it back to me, what joy.

On another note, anyone buying a pro and looking to change the bars be aware that you will need either a longer stem (60mm) or a direct mount riser to clear the stanctions. The fork top crown cant be raised because how short yt cut the steerer tube.

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/bikes/downhill/240/tues-cf-pro?c=93

Anything less than the 30mm rise renthal wont fit. I tried to fit some raceface sixc and have had to buy a dm stem raiser.

I've got the same issue with the void. Took the outer can off and greased the seal a bit. Held for a few days, now it's leaking again!

Apart from the suspension issues is everything else ok with the bike ??

Everything else is great. It is an awesome bike. Best dh I have ever had, and I've had a few. On the void mine was leaking air at the bottom of the air can. I have stripped it off and checked the o ring. All looks good. Tightened back up and seams to be ok now. Just think it was not tight enough. Will take it out later and test. Worth trying first before sending back. Won't affect warranty as u are able to do this to adjust volume spacers your self. Will keep you posted guys.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 7:25 Quote
Fingers crossed that'll do the trick. Do you know the size of the shock on the new bike? If its the same as last years ill put my stoy on if there are any issues. No oil leaking?

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 7:47 Quote
It's about 270 eye to eye. No oil leaks just air

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 7:54 Quote
267 x 90 then thats the same one. OK hope you get it sorted, think mine will be here tomorrow ill test it in the sink. Sounds like some guys had the same problem with the 2013 pro with the BOS but they sold hundreds of them im sure they know how to fix it pretty soon. YT wont want all these coming back to them for sure

O+
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 10:38 Quote
Is this correct?

Tues 2.0 LTD 2012.

photo

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 11:38 Quote
planetxboy wrote:
Hmmm dosent sound good, I've got two months in whistler coming up and need stuff to be reliable. I thought the UK had jungle as the bos service centre?
I was under the impression that jungle were refusing to do OEM work

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 11:44 Quote
hillman-hunter wrote:
planetxboy wrote:
I was under the impression that jungle were refusing to do OEM work
You are correct, however they arranged with Bos to change my stanchions when they service my Devilles.
I should have sent the f*cking things back with my Capra frame. Got them changed under warranty.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
Are the rumours true that these bos components are sub standard made especially for yt. I don't know if I read this on here or somewhere else but I'm sure I did. I personally don't believe it but I know one guy was dead set on it.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 13:47 Quote
I'm unsure about oem can anyone clarify that about jungle? And substandard stuff just for yt? Why on earth would bos want to do that and de value their own brand reputation

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 14:07 Quote
I can't imagine that's the case. If they were making sub par shocks and forks for YT they wouldn't perform as well as they do (notwithstanding reliability issues). If they were making lower end oem components for YT, you'd see them have lower spec - less features etc.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 14:44 Quote
I'm sitting waiting for my TUESpro cf to turn up in the next week or so, I think with OEM kit the general rule is that the internals will work the same but if kit becomes OEM then there's more possibility of seeing problems. It's just a case of numbers.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 18:17 Quote
I spoke with the Oceania distributor this morning about shock/fork warranty issues.
He said their approach would be to facilitate servicing etc through the local authorised BOS service centre (in the case of Australia, that's a tuning mob called NS Dynamics, who I've had shocks serviced through in the past. Can very much vouch for their professionalism and capabilities). I'm feeling far less concerned by that now. At least if there is a problem, I'm not sending a shock off forever...

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 18:44 Quote
Talking about shocks, has anyone tried the new KAGE?
How does it perform? It seems to cover the basic regulations like rebound and compression. I have no idea what coil comes with it. I'm a small (170cm or 5'7") rider, so anyone has recommendations with coils?

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 10:14 Quote
Hello everyone , I'm new here !. I have a 2014 Capra Pro, also I had the 2014 Tues Pro, but I sold it and now I'm waiting the Tues CF pro, YT shipping this week (i hope:p ). I can not wait to try it !!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029382
Mobile Version of Website