YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 0:55 Quote
Chainslap maybe? I had quite a bit of that before I went single speed

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 1:58 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Chainslap maybe? I had quite a bit of that before I went single speed

Could be, will have to check it out later. But it sounded a bit louder than chain slap, like a metal on metal clonk, so not too sure!

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
Check if the spring on the damper deflects and touches the damper body as well. Even though I don't think this would make this much noise it's worth checking out if you have a chewed up damper body.
How much sag are you running and what size of drops are we talking?

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 2:34 Quote
I'm running about 30% sag and was hitting jumps just over a meter and a half. But the bike would make the same noise when bunny hopping and dropping off steps on the ride home. So I doubt its the shock as it would make the same noise with the slightest of jump.

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 5:35 Quote
jramagge25 wrote:
I'm running about 30% sag and was hitting jumps just over a meter and a half. But the bike would make the same noise when bunny hopping and dropping off steps on the ride home. So I doubt its the shock as it would make the same noise with the slightest of jump.

Some of my suggestions sound obvious - ignore if you've already checked!

Rear mech is attached correctly. Chain is tight - i get a lot of noise from mech/chain slap when it loosens itself on teh mech hanger. SRAM mechs can suffer from shitty srpings and don't always tension the chain correctly when you move to higher gears.

Does the frame have internal cable routing? My CF does, I'm unsure if this sometimes causes a noise as it slaps the inside of the frame.

My shock (float X2) makes a clunking noise when it's set up with too much or to little compression damping - it only does it at/past 50ish% travel.

Spokes tensioned correctly - imagine the ping/thwacking noise you get going over gnarly rock gardens - the same can happen from drops and bunny hops if tension is low (and maybe too high?!).

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 7:01 Quote
Has anybody had any problems with their Tues CF collecting water in the frame after you've washed it? Every time I wash mine I have to take the seat post out after and turn it upside down to get rid of it, a fair bit comes out... Not sure where / how it's getting in..

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
samherd wrote:
Has anybody had any problems with their Tues CF collecting water in the frame after you've washed it? Every time I wash mine I have to take the seat post out after and turn it upside down to get rid of it, a fair bit comes out... Not sure where / how it's getting in..

My 16 CF Pro has done this since brand new, I have yet to try and figure out where it is getting in. I think the water may have already caused some damage to the BB bearings. I don't use a high pressure nozzle and definitely no pressure washer, but theres still a considerable amount in there after a thorough wash.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 23:08 Quote
I have a 2014 fork Id like to convert to 650 lowers for my yt tues cf comp. Is it worth it to upgrade the air spring to the NA2 or is it no different just easier to adjust? Similar to rockshox tokens vs delving more into the internals? any help would be great thanks

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 23:11 Quote
Rock and roll web grease, cover your bearings in that and they will last twice as long I swear by that stuff, IT is a sticky grease so it sticks to the bearings and doesn't just disperse, Get a finish line gun for it so you can get it in very precisely,. I have noticed my RF pf30 bb's have lasted twice as long if not longer. And their bearings are probably worse than e13 ones. Oh and atlas cranks are night and day stiffer than the stock e13 ones. Also no water should get on the inside of the bb (hence no sense of a bb internal sleeve) it is completely separate from the frame.

FRED-01 wrote:
samherd wrote:

My 16 CF Pro has done this since brand new, I have yet to try and figure out where it is getting in. I think the water may have already caused some damage to the BB bearings. I don't use a high pressure nozzle and definitely no pressure washer, but theres still a considerable amount in there after a thorough wash.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 23:15 Quote
mts595 wrote:
I have a 2014 fork Id like to convert to 650 lowers for my yt tues cf comp. Is it worth it to upgrade the air spring to the NA2 or is it no different just easier to adjust? Similar to rockshox tokens vs delving more into the internals? any help would be great thanks

I realize I should have just gotten a new fork for the price to service a 14 and possibly add a new air spring but it was a trade so couldn't pass it up. I love the stiff chassis of the 40, ANYbody with knowledge in ths subject I will be greatly appreciative!!!

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 6:56 Quote
What pound spring for my dhx2 if i weigh 117 with gear?

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 12:57 Quote
For anyone thinking of upgrading the damper on their Boxxers, do it! I recently upgraded to the charger damper for my 2016 Tues AL and as mentioned previously its well worth the upgrade. Its transformed the Boxxer RC's making them really smooth. Been so impressed I have now ordered the Vivid R2C to replace the stock Kage. Hoping it makes as much difference to the bike as the charger damper has. Can also recommended upgrading to a ti spring and spring bearing. This has solved the issue I had of the spring rubbing on the shock body and makes the bike feel super plush.

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 3:27 Quote
Hi everyone, I am considering upgrading the Rockshox Kage on my 2016 Tues AL to something better. I am stuck between a Vivid R2C Coil, or CCDB coil.

Has anyone tried both and can share their experiences?

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 4:17 Quote
Those of you riding the Kage. What are your experiences?

I don't feel that the Kage is too good, but I would like to see if people feel the same things I do.

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
Those of you riding the Kage. What are your experiences?

I don't feel that the Kage is too good, but I would like to see if people feel the same things I do.

My Tues is my first dh bike so don't have anything to compare it too coil shock wise. I haven't disliked the Kage but hoping the Vivid will create more grip as it can track better since it can be more finely tuned compared to the Kage. Hope I'm not wrong Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013360
Mobile Version of Website