Cracked hope pro2 hub!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Cracked hope pro2 hub!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 7:42 Quote
just taken my wheels apart for a re-build and noticed that there is a crack from the spoke hole to the outside of the falange!

i am wondering whether this will affect the strenth of the hub and could cause it to fail, also is there a lifetinme warrenty with pro2's?

some pictures:

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 7:58 Quote
HI mate,

this happend to a freind of mine. it happend on both his hubs! he sent them back to hope and got replacements i think. get in touch with hope if i were you.

Pete

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 8:00 Quote
right yeah i spose, do you have any origional receipts or anything like that, really i should have checked them as soon as i got them from you i dont think i would have done this myself...

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 8:01 Quote
Well considering i only tookm them off road twice i dont think i manged to do that, no i dont have the reciepts sorry.

Pete

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 8:06 Quote
okay no worries mate, probably just a fault in the production then.. just pm'ed you..

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 9:57 Quote
time to contact customer service or get a new hub!

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 10:29 Quote
My mates did that, Two Spoke holes ripped out.

Sent them an email
He had to complete a returns form and he sent the hub back with the returns form that he had printed of the website (filled in) Week later brand new hub.

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 11:03 Quote
do you know if he had a receipt or not?

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 11:07 Quote
He did NOT have a receipt Beer

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 11:10 Quote
sweet time to send it off!

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 11:37 Quote
Hope do not care about receipts - its obviously a hub they manufactured, and they want to keep you happy

as an example, a guy walked into my bike shop about 2 weeks ago, with a cracked Hope XC front hub - he had not bought the wheel from us, it about 10 years old, and he had no receipts

within 1 week, we had the hub back from Hope with a new shell, free of charge

he was charged for postage, and £50 for our time / labour to rebuild his wheel with fresh DT Swiss spokes and brass nipples

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 12:08 Quote
Can anyone suggest any other hubs apart from Pro 2s? I was looking at them, put this put me off abit!?

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 12:11 Quote
Pro II hubs are our number 1 selling wheel hub in our shop

I have personally had only 2 of the Pro II hubs back in 3 years of selling 100s of Pro II wheelset, and one 10 year old Hope XC hub back

all were replaced by Hope free of charge within 1 week....

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
Sweet..I was looking at the cost in the Horsham Freeborn and they said it was almost better buying a new pair of rims and spokes. Can anyone suggest some freeride?downhill rims? Ive looked at some Halo, Dt Swiss and Mavic, but im not sure!

FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 13:40 Quote
Da26inchFlyerz1 wrote:
Sweet..I was looking at the cost in the Horsham Freeborn and they said it was almost better buying a new pair of rims and spokes. Can anyone suggest some freeride?downhill rims? Ive looked at some Halo, Dt Swiss and Mavic, but im not sure!
Mavic Deemax are some of the best downhill rims around. Also Mavic 721 rims are good for downhill and freeride use. Halo Freedom disc would also stand up to the job.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.116492
Mobile Version of Website