Block user

Recent

bnflynn pinkbikeaudience's article
May 6, 2024 at 6:10
May 6, 2024
Fantasy DH League Results: Who Won the First Round - Fort William DH World Cup 2024
Fantasy league rules changed and I didn't read the new rules and now things are happening and now I'm mad that someone gave me a game to play for free but it isn't exactly what it used to be even though they announced the new rules before the game started waah Come on people. Read the rules. Adjust your strategy. Move on with life. Ride a bike.
bnflynn edspratt's article
May 2, 2024 at 9:10
May 2, 2024
Entry List for the Fort William DH World Cup 2024
* means U23, but with this being DH, maybe a ** signifier for over 35 would be more interesting
bnflynn sarahmoore's article
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:12
Apr 19, 2024
Report Suggests Police Were Called to Scott Office After Youngone Reps Arrived with Armed Security
@SJP: Unlikely someone would have paid that much for less than a controlling share. 50.01% of a company is much more valuable than the other 49.99%.
bnflynn pinkbikeoriginals's article
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:39
Mar 22, 2024
Video: Friday Fails #317
Glad to see some people trying technical lines this week. It gets boring watching bad jumping over and over again.
bnflynn mikekazimer's article
Oct 25, 2023 at 6:19
Oct 25, 2023
Is This the New Enduro? Specialized Patent Shows 170mm Bike With UBB Suspension Design
Knolly has been using a 6-bar to drive their shock for many years, and they even thought to place it in a safe location, rather than under the BB.
bnflynn edspratt's article
Sep 8, 2023 at 11:48
Sep 8, 2023
Start List for Semi-Finals at the Les Gets DH World Cup 2023
My memory is that protected riders who did not qualify inside the top 60 were slotted in as if they placed 21st through however many there were. But if they qualified 59th, they still were placed as if they were 59th. Looking at the start list here, it appears that the top 15 from qualies run last, then all protected riders who were not in the top 15 are placed in order in front of them, then all other qualified riders in order. So all protected riders get pulled near the end, likely for TV reasons. One more note, on this start list they only show the 'P', which is protected into finals. If you look at the qualies results, it also shows 'p' which is protected into semis only.
bnflynn edspratt's article
Jun 30, 2023 at 6:27
Jun 30, 2023
[UPDATED] Junior Results & Overall Standings from the Val Di Sole DH World Cup 2023
I feel like they must be working on a slight delay. I was really confused at first, because they showed Pinkerton crashing and getting up, with 2 split times shown: green, then red. Then as soon as he got up they showed the 3rd split and it was green. I'm assuming he crashed before the second split, and the split times didn't line up with the video feed. So they already knew that he hadn't lost much time. Similarly, when Hauser crashed they immediately cut away since they already knew he would DNF and gave the time to the next rider.
bnflynn seb-stott's article
Apr 13, 2023 at 9:59
Apr 13, 2023
Head to Head Review: 2023 RockShox Zeb vs Fox 38
The steep initial part of the curve looks a lot like preload to me. Anyone know if this is just a general design element for the RS forks?
bnflynn edspratt's article
Feb 21, 2022 at 9:20
Feb 21, 2022
Industry Digest: $2 Billion of Bike Imports in 2021, Decathlon Shuts US Stores & More
Customs value is not the same as retail value. The bike companies are having frames and parts manufactured in other countries, to be later sold in the US. So the cost to manufacture a single frame may only be $100, but by the time they sell it to the public, they charge more like $1000, because they have other costs to cover, such as the tools to build the frame, shipping the frame to the US, and then all of the other overhead the company has. (Cost numbers completely made up...)
bnflynn edspratt's article
Feb 15, 2022 at 9:42
Feb 15, 2022
Mondraker Announces the "Safety Check" Bike For the 2022 UCI DH World Cup & World Championships
@Muckal: By race day, everyone involved knows how that do or die jump is working or not working. That is not what this is for. The clearing rider immediately before the race is ensure that the course is clear and ready to race. And ski racing absolutely has large borderline unsafe jumps, and just like in DH, they sometimes get worked on during the week to make things safer. Practice, inspection, and jury inspections all exist for those reasons.
Load more...
You must login to Pinkbike.
Don't have an account? Sign up

Join Pinkbike  Login


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025410
Mobile Version of Website