The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 17:17 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
I find almost every time I go the lines are busy until 12. That seems to be when people are just starting their day and doing their first run. Everyone always assumes the trails will be crowded. They're never busy during crankworx.
True. Although monday evening 5–8 was very crowded! People were standing almost to the beginning of the line, both singles and group lines. Don’t know why though.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
Strange. Never seen it busy in the evening. Racers practicing maybe?

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 19:04 Quote
Monday evening was training for both Garbo and A-Line races. Racers get line priority. It was also women's night.

It was pretty rammed again tonight.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 21:51 Quote
Crankworx is busy. Water is wet. Fire is hot.

Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 5:45 Quote
A lot of people ride down to hecklers rock to watch the Canadian open, then just ride Bline down after the 12 beers they have had. There are some crashes, but it can be a hilarious train down the mountain too.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
dThass wrote:
A lot of people ride down to hecklers rock to watch the Canadian open, then just ride Bline down after the 12 beers they have had. There are some crashes, but it can be a hilarious train down the mountain too.

Haha I can imagine. We might just do that... where are other good spots to spectate the DH? The lower woods section? Thinking it'd be easier to walk in there.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 0:22 Quote
Anyone know if Formula has a both this year? Parking lot or other place?

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 at 16:43 Quote
This Giant Glory 1 2016 got stolen in Whistler Creekside on the August 20 2016. Differences to the regular model Chromag Saddle DT Swiss Wheels Single-Speed Tensioner no Chainguide... PM me if you have any info. Thanks

Bike stolen in Whistler Creekside today.
PM me if you have any info! Thanks.

Differences to the regular model: Chromag saddle, DT Swiss wheels, single-speed, no chainguide...

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 10:39 Quote
Anyone have any insite on conditions after crankworx? Are the brake bumps big enough to burry a small child?

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 12:14 Quote
joe1989 wrote:
Anyone have any insite on conditions after crankworx? Are the brake bumps big enough to burry a small child?

Pretty much, but crews are usually out after doing a rebuff on the heavy abused Trails during Crankworx

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
mlr428 wrote:
joe1989 wrote:

Pretty much, but crews are usually out after doing a rebuff on the heavy abused Trails during Crankworx

It's bumpy and dusty.

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 16:18 Quote
demostug wrote:
mlr428 wrote:
joe1989 wrote:

It's bumpy and dusty.

A-Line tech section is pretty much the whoops at A1

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 23:11 Quote
Hi y'all. Considering a trip to Whistler and CGP. How is Whistler riding end of September? Trails still being maintained? Rainy/cold? Is the town dead or alive? Any info welcome! Thanks.

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 8:46 Quote
MTB-Colada wrote:
Hi y'all. Considering a trip to Whistler and CGP. How is Whistler riding end of September? Trails still being maintained? Rainy/cold? Is the town dead or alive? Any info welcome! Thanks.

Great time to come out.

Trails will still be maintained till they bike park closes for winter.

If it's anything like the past few falls, it won't be cold. Like t shirt weather, not overly hot. Perfect biking weather.

The town is apparently dead in the summer vs the winter but I've never been in the winter, everything will be open and I guess it would be alive.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 17:45 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
MTB-Colada wrote:

Great time to come out.

Trails will still be maintained till they bike park closes for winter.

If it's anything like the past few falls, it won't be cold. Like t shirt weather, not overly hot. Perfect biking weather.

The town is apparently dead in the summer vs the winter but I've never been in the winter, everything will be open and I guess it would be alive.

Winter is crazy ridiculously busy. I love snowboarding but I don't why, I just never never have fun at whistler in the winter. But the wife loves it so I have to go.

End if sept/early oct (until the bike park closes) is perfect. Favourite time to head up. I can ride all day with the cool weather.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025374
Mobile Version of Website