Powered by Outside

Post your All Mountain bike!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Post your All Mountain bike!
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Picked this up yesterday. Not sure its an AM bike but its definitely fast. non-driveside pics 4 life

Love it! I wanted one of these, but I couldn’t find a frame only to save my life. Probably for the better after realizing it’s probably not the best choice for the odd lift park days I like to do here and there.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 16:39 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Picked this up yesterday. Not sure its an AM bike but its definitely fast. non-driveside pics 4 life

Love it! I wanted one of these, but I couldn’t find a frame only to save my life. Probably for the better after realizing it’s probably not the best choice for the odd lift park days I like to do here and there.
park on a short travel trail bike sounds rowdy and fun.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
photo

It is- I’ve done it numerous times. That said, the Spur leans more to the XC side of things compared to similar bikes like the Ripley / Following / Tallboy which would be the minimum I would want when taking a chairlift up. The Spur has max 120 fork, the actual rear travel as tested by MBR is 116mm, and after talking to a few people who own them the frame has a nice compliance for trail & XC, but is on the flexy side for aggressive riding and does not have a lot of bottom out resistance on big hits (to be expected- you can only make a 5lb frame so stiff)

I would love one in a heartbeat if I had two bikes as the Spur sounds perfect for most trail riding; I just think there are better options for someone like me who only has one bike that needs to be comfortable everywhere, including 5-6 foot drops.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
Yeah, to your point i only have one 15 mile ride on it and while it is really fast, it is not a replacement for a bigger bike. Definitely more xc leaning and while you can push it, its pretty easy to find the line on it. The fun factor comes from playing jump rope with the line and seeing how far you get before it gives you the smackdown. its also very flickable and jumps insanely well, but if you get too sideways there is some flex.

Gonna take it on a 60 miler on sunday so should have a better feel on it then.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
The fun factor comes from playing jump rope with the line and seeing how far you get

110% stealing this to describe this kinda bike in the future.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Yeah, to your point i only have one 15 mile ride on it and while it is really fast, it is not a replacement for a bigger bike. Definitely more xc leaning and while you can push it, its pretty easy to find the line on it. The fun factor comes from playing jump rope with the line and seeing how far you get before it gives you the smackdown. its also very flickable and jumps insanely well, but if you get too sideways there is some flex.

Gonna take it on a 60 miler on sunday so should have a better feel on it then.

Seems like a great candidate for big days like a 60 mile ride. If I had that kind of riding in my area I would have hunted one down for sure.

I love short travel bikes for the reasons you described. Loads of fun.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 19:40 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

That bike would be a dream around here, we have so much XC locally, but you can definitely find some fun bigger bike stuff, which I'm sure it would handle amazingly well on.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 21:02 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

It is- I’ve done it numerous times. That said, the Spur leans more to the XC side of things compared to similar bikes like the Ripley / Following / Tallboy which would be the minimum I would want when taking a chairlift up. The Spur has max 120 fork, the actual rear travel as tested by MBR is 116mm, and after talking to a few people who own them the frame has a nice compliance for trail & XC, but is on the flexy side for aggressive riding and does not have a lot of bottom out resistance on big hits (to be expected- you can only make a 5lb frame so stiff)

I would love one in a heartbeat if I had two bikes as the Spur sounds perfect for most trail riding; I just think there are better options for someone like me who only has one bike that needs to be comfortable everywhere, including 5-6 foot drops.

I wonder if they tamed the Smuggler a bit, because that thing is ridiculous... I am seriously the handicap haha

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Found an RS Super Deluxe Coil at a bargain price so snapped it up, looking forward to riding it.

2017 Transition Patrol RS Pike RS Super Deluxe Coil Stans Arch on Superstar V6 hubs Sram XX1 cranks Shimano XT drivetrain and brakes RaceFace Ergon Easton NS ODI cockpit.

Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil on 2017 Transition Patrol

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Found an RS Super Deluxe Coil at a bargain price so snapped it up, looking forward to riding it.

2017 Transition Patrol RS Pike RS Super Deluxe Coil Stans Arch on Superstar V6 hubs Sram XX1 cranks Shimano XT drivetrain and brakes RaceFace Ergon Easton NS ODI cockpit.

Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil on 2017 Transition Patrol

Boing!!

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 4:41 Quote
A filthy, fun, Flaremax - absolutely love this thing

Time for a wash

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
photo
My new Norco Sight C SE 2020 model.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 7:49 Quote
drspoke wrote:
photo
I spy some 2021 upgrades!

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
Drive side pic please! Looks killer!!
dkidd wrote:
drspoke wrote:
photo
I spy some 2021 upgrades!

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 8:08 Quote
Norco Sight C SE custom build.
Changed to a rockshox zeb 160mm, rock shox super deluxe ultimate coil, shimano deore xt brakes and x01 rear derailleur.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.113423
Mobile Version of Website