Powered by Outside

Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 11:32 Quote
Finally! It took me way too much time to build it, but the wait is over now! Big Grin

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 12:43 Quote
P1fp4f wrote:
Finally! It took me way too much time to build it, but the wait is over now! Big Grin

photo
photo

Bombs away .

That thing looks wild AF

Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 6:06 Quote
Oh my christ, that thing is beautiful!

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 14:45 Quote
Really good deal on AM9 right now. $780 for frame and shock!

Posted: Apr 23, 2023 at 4:00 Quote
Hi guys, hope this is okay to post.

I'm selling the DVO Jade from my AM9, great shock, super adjustable, I just prefer the air shock.

Had a new shaft and seal head late last year and has barely been ridden since then due to injury and other commitments.

230x65 so might fit some other bird models too.

Check it out here:
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3611648/

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 26, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
Looking for EXT C65 375lbs for Formula Mod Shock for my AM9. Please drop me a dm if you have it laying around Big Grin

Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 22:42 Quote
Hi what's the difference between the V1 and V3 AM9 framesets? Is it a gulf. I was hoping I'd share the frame/bike with my 13yr old lad

Posted: Apr 29, 2023 at 23:06 Quote
sacalobra wrote:
Hi what's the difference between the V1 and V3 AM9 framesets? Is it a gulf. I was hoping I'd share the frame/bike with my 13yr old lad

Mostly it's the shorter seat-tube and increased tube wall thickness on ... I think the seat-tube and top-tube. And clear-coat over the raw finish.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2023 at 15:02 Quote
sacalobra wrote:

V3 you can run a 170mm fork. Other are 160mm max iirc

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2023 at 20:58 Quote
wburnes wrote:
sacalobra wrote:

V3 you can run a 170mm fork. Other are 160mm max iirc

More rear tire clearance, better cable routing, and lower seat tube height.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2023 at 23:12 Quote
Stiffer rocker link.
And a partridge in a pear tree

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 5:47 Quote
really cant decide on whether to get a coil or an air shock for my new aeris 9, generally ride enduro/tech trails but occasionally hit jumps and flow trails. Anyone with experience on the coil be able to let me know how they perform on the flowy stuff, ie does it feel sluggish etc?. The coil would be the RockShox super deluxe coil ultimate, Thanks

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 10:49 Quote
Coil is the way to go without doubt
Calummaxwell wrote:
really cant decide on whether to get a coil or an air shock for my new aeris 9, generally ride enduro/tech trails but occasionally hit jumps and flow trails. Anyone with experience on the coil be able to let me know how they perform on the flowy stuff, ie does it feel sluggish etc?. The coil would be the RockShox super deluxe coil ultimate, Thanks

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 11:16 Quote
A coil spring does not have to feel sluggish. Most people who run coils use approximately the same sag as they would with an air spring, resulting in less total spring energy throughout the travel. Instead, run less sag with a coil. The suspension will be softer in the first portion of the travel, considerably firmer in the middle, and softer near bottom-out. It won't feel sluggish with the added support in the middle.

Posted: May 6, 2023 at 14:54 Quote
Can anyone recommend a bearing puller to service pivots on am9 ? Or is it do able using drifts
Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013420
Mobile Version of Website