Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
Posted: Apr 21, 2024 at 6:32 Quote
It will get more color but I want to know (and show) if you can clean the white spokes after they have become really dirty.

photo

If you want to know how the coloring process went: Click.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 6:23 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
I'm on the edge to get a Spire but I'm seriously in doubt as I see more and more people reduce the HA. Is it that bad on stock 63 degrees? ( I believe 62.5 is a bit overkill already )

To me for this just points out either to a hype that was picked up and people kept the ball rolling or a bad design as 1 degree or even more alters quite a lot the Geo so I'm wondering if I should just go check bikes with a 64 HA from the start. .

People love to tinker. You won’t find a single bike that everyone leaves as-is. Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 6:28 Quote
People also often buy 170mm bikes for areas that don't need anything close to a 170mm bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 7:32 Quote
ghill28 wrote:
People also often buy 170mm bikes for areas that don't need anything close to a 170mm bike.

Or people like me who buy long travel enduros and install dual crown forks for high speed park, gnar, and backcountry shuttles where a dh bike can’t pedal when needed, but a single crown 170mm fork just isn’t enough.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 9:56 Quote
KNBikes wrote:
ghill28 wrote:

Or people like me who buy long travel enduros and install dual crown forks for high speed park, gnar, and backcountry shuttles where a dh bike can’t pedal when needed, but a single crown 170mm fork just isn’t enough.

This is common. Especially since this bike is Triple Crown approved from the start. Like others bike brands.

But to take the top dog in the line up and drop it back almost two degrees in HA (below the Sentinel, close to Smuggler geo) seems something is wrong.

Anyway, I've just decided to buy the Carbon GX , nothing can beat this at under 4K Euros and checked everything that could be bought around Europe. Maybe a Canyon Strive , but my brother is getting one so don't want the same thing Razz

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 10:16 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
KNBikes wrote:
ghill28 wrote:

This is common. Especially since this bike is Triple Crown approved from the start. Like others bike brands.

But to take the top dog in the line up and drop it back almost two degrees in HA (below the Sentinel, close to Smuggler geo) seems something is wrong.

Anyway, I've just decided to buy the Carbon GX , nothing can beat this at under 4K Euros and checked everything that could be bought around Europe. Maybe a Canyon Strive , but my brother is getting one so don't want the same thing Razz

I have seen so many people on Spires out riding and never seen one with a HA adjust headset. It’s a popular bike for a reason. Like it’s got to be 10-15 at this point.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 10:58 Quote
birdsandtrees wrote:
bogdanc wrote:
KNBikes wrote:

I

I have seen so many people on Spires out riding and never seen one with a HA adjust headset. It’s a popular bike for a reason. Like it’s got to be 10-15 at this point.

I just installed a +1 works components angleset so I could use the low setting and a 200mm 56 offset fork, just to keep bike at 62.8hta and lower BB height by a couple mm than stock High setting. Its perfect balance of good front tire traction and still supreme confidence on jumps and steeps. But I didn’t need it….i just wanted to tinker and ended up liking it a little better.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 11:55 Quote
As I've said before, you've adjusted to stock HA , but going at 64.5 on a Spire is beyond my logic. Anyway. To each to their own, what makes anyone happy. Just felt this is something that was widespread among Spire owners but seems to be just isolated cased.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 12:01 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
As I've said before, you've adjusted to stock HA , but going at 64.5 on a Spire is beyond my logic. Anyway. To each to their own, what makes anyone happy. Just felt this is something that was widespread among Spire owners but seems to be just isolated cased.

Agreed...I went from Sentinel to Spire and barely noticed the difference. I agree when first going that slack it's an adjustment but after that it's second-nature. I don't know that adding a degree to the HA is going to make it better on flatter/slower/tamer terrain either. Better off with a Smuggler/Spur or a different bike breed all together (ie. Pivot/etc.).

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 15:35 Quote
photo

Last week I did a 34 mile ride with just over 6,700’ of climbing. Not once did I wish for a steeper head tube. The seat tube angle puts you in a very comfortable climbing position with little to no wander.

If you primary ride tamer, not so steep trails I’d argue the Spire isn’t the right bike. For the steep and rough trails, I think the geo is bang on. I think the geo has always been one of Transition’s strong suits. Paint and QA? Not so much.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 16:12 Quote
Did you paint your spire?

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 18:16 Quote
It’s just the fade to black. I’d like to though.

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 8:02 Quote
Looks SO good with the raw/silver bits.

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 9:39 Quote
It's been decided , just ordered a Carbon GX . Redface Razz

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 4:31 Quote
Soo the Spire aquisition went spiral Really Mad , the seller / shop after a long conversation for him after sending the money out told me the bike was out of stock...

Anyway, scorching the internet found a Purple one (which I just love) 2022 brand new for the same price. Just that this bikes comes with old Zebs , Codes (yuck) and flow S1 wheels (which I have a pair that been trying for over a year to sell for pennies but nobody wants ) . This seller (at least until now) seems nicer and offered a Charger 3 upgrade for fee and a pair or TRP's for a discount hence I'm a Saint's / XT for brakes guy

These being said, do you think the previous spec Spire is still a bike to buy in 2024 ? By the way the Super Deluxe has to go as well but not sure when as aiming for a new SD Coil with HBO but in Europe it's seems to be sold out everywhere.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037840
Mobile Version of Website