Powered by Outside

2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Jan 17, 2024 at 23:32 Quote
RMWB wrote:
JakeLee wrote:
At this moment, should I worth to wait and look for a New model of Enduro (obviously don't know the release date, someone says S/S )or get the current model? cheers~

Current model still absolutely rips, I have no intention of switching it up. However, if you don't want to feel left behind or think you absolutely need UDH, I'd be looking elsewhere. Specialized doesn't appear to be giving any indication of an update in '24.

I have checked most of the online stores and there seems no more stock for the S-works frame. I found 1 in 2nd market from my country which is a 2021 model and the condition looks good. However, I read from this post that 2021 has a cracked headtube issue so I struggling should I get this one or not.Confused

Posted: Jan 23, 2024 at 14:06 Quote
any hints when the new model will come?

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2024 at 16:58 Quote
photo
Went to install a dropset and noticed this - not on the headset cup but inside the headtube itself - anything to worry about? havent noticed any creaking or the like, but guess I'm paranoid

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2024 at 6:44 Quote
laxman2001 wrote:
photo
Went to install a dropset and noticed this - not on the headset cup but inside the headtube itself - anything to worry about? havent noticed any creaking or the like, but guess I'm paranoid

Looks like a crack in the headset cup where the vertical wall meets the 45 degree bearing face. Also looks like marring on the epoxy finish which indicates bearing movement against the face.

The lines you can see further in to the head tube look like they’re from the carbon layup.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 11:58 Quote
I agree with Jawa. I'd be seeking warranty. The crack in my own 2021 frame was much less pronounced than that.

Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 18:41 Quote
Was someone in here selling a mullet link recently?

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 8:51 Quote
Hi all,

Just curious if anyone knows what makes the 2020/2021 Enduro Comp so heavy.

I understand it's a big bike and the comp is the entry-level model, so of course components are going to be on the cheaper and heavier side of things.

Is it simply that the combination of cheaper slightly heavier parts all add up to a heavy bike?

It's definitely the heaviest bike of anyone I know or ride with.

I'd like some ideas on how to lighten it up without breaking the bank.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 9:34 Quote
MevinSchmevick wrote:
Hi all,

I understand it's a big bike and the comp is the entry-level model, so of course components are going to be on the cheaper and heavier side of things.

Is it simply that the combination of cheaper slightly heavier parts all add up to a heavy bike?

Decent tires are significantly heavier than a lot of OE tires. Inserts are worth like 1.5 lbs. other than that - do you have something stored in the down tube when you weigh it? Do you have beefier suspension than your buddies? That linkage is fairly heavy compared to the s-works carbon one.

Generally all enduro bikes weigh the same, dude. Check out that video from Ed Masters weighing people’s bikes at an EWS last year.

This might not help carve weight off your bike, but here’s some advice someone gave me regarding bike weight: it’s an Enduro bike, it’s not designed for weight savings in any way. But how often is it that a rider can afford to lose 5lbs off their body? Almost always. It’s cheaper than finding weight savings on your bike, and it’s almost always an exponential increase to power and endurance while riding (theoretically same fitness and strength but lighter). Think of it like an investment in gear, and it’s the most significant upgrade you can make, by far.

Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 11:03 Quote
MevinSchmevick wrote:
Hi all,

As said above, enduro bikes aren't light especially this bike being more on the gravity side of things. My S5 (non SW) frame with X2 shock was almost 9lbs, I've had lighter alloy frames. I'd avoid lighter tires as the stock tires aren't that heavy, and putting anything skimpier on is basically admitting you got a bigger bike than you need.

Carbon bars are relatively affordable and can save ~100g, and be more comfortable by letting you choose your preferred rise and sweep. The stock 34.9 X-fusion dropper posts are quite heavy, you could save close to ~200g swapping it for a 31.6 or 30.9 OneUp v2 dropper (currently on sale) and using a lightweight shim. Don't be afraid of the shim, thats how SW bikes come specced. The stock NX drivetrain has some very heavy components, namely the cassette and chainring, and might be due for some replacement parts by now anyways. Switching to a GX cassette would save the most weight (~200g) but would also require swapping the freehub for an XD driver. A GX derailleur is a bit lighter (~50g), but more importantly would shift much better and is more durable. The NX dub cranks are about the same weight wise to GX, except for the chainring which is steel on NX (~70g heavier, but lasts longer).

Besides that it'd be hard to shave much weight easily. Carbon wheels could save a good chunk and can have the benefit of "feeling" faster, but are expensive and can be overly stiff. The stock Lyrik/Sd air suspension setup is about as light as you can get on an Enduro, the 38/Zeb/coil specs on later bikes are much heavier.

Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 9:32 Quote
Nobble wrote:

They keep coming and going. I bought a Rhode from here 2 weeks ago. Just a matter of keeping your eyes peeled.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 17:18 Quote
I have a lightly used WRP I can part with. I found full 29 is better for me… it’s the pimpy black version.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 21:40 Quote
Nobble wrote:

I have one I don't think I'm going to use if you want it. PM me.

Posted: Feb 8, 2024 at 13:49 Quote
I have an elite? Not sure what spec it was, came with the X01/GX stuff. I put Exo Maxxis MaxxTerra on it, and it has the carbon wheels, and my S5 was around 34.5lbs, so for an XXL 29'er, that seemed pretty good overall! That's sans multi tool, tube, and pump as before I'd have carried those in a bag.

MevinSchmevick wrote:
Hi all,

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 8:34 Quote
Hi guys, quick question.
Changed my bearings and having some issues with the direction of the dropout outer spacer...
It's hard to see it clearly in the manual, and now i don´t remember wich side faces the bearing, if the flat or the tapered one.
Thanks in advance.
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 18:50 Quote
grab your old bearing race and see which side the dust cover washer rotates best on. i'm guessing the
non grooved side

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011767
Mobile Version of Website